+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My study permit refused after 10 days application status changed

sjpras

Jul 21, 2020
Hi All,

Please help and give me advice on my case. I applied for study permit on Sep 1st and on 10th Sep my study permit refused due to 1 year enrolled course is 100% online. Course is considered as distance learning. No other reason was stated on the refusal letter. All other criteria are satisfied (Fund, University course).

Now after 15 days now my application status is again changed stating to give my application is going into second stage and give medical in 90 days. Very confusing after the final decision is made as refused can my application status can be active and goto the second phrase. Any advice from anyone what to do next

Thanks

Reactions: azzamkc

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Hi All,

Please help and give me advice on my case. I applied for study permit on Sep 1st and on 10th Sep my study permit refused due to 1 year enrolled course is 100% online. Course is considered as distance learning. No other reason was stated on the refusal letter. All other criteria are satisfied (Fund, University course).

Now after 15 days now my application status is again changed stating to give my application is going into second stage and give medical in 90 days. Very confusing after the final decision is made as refused can my application status can be active and goto the second phrase. Any advice from anyone what to do next

Thanks
What do you mean? Your status changed to refused then you received an approval in principle?

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
was this course supposed to be online or was made online due to Covid? if its the latter ---maybe--- the VO made an initial mistake assuming it to be online only course and later changed it ?
Also what do you mean by second stage. Did you get AIP?

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
I don't fully understand the case. As I understand, you got refusal but after that you got AIP? If that so, that's weird.

sjpras

Jul 21, 2020
What do you mean? Your status changed to refused then you received an approval in principle?
Thank you for your reply. Yes in my online portal. Final decision "Refused". But today application status "We are processing your application". Medical forms send to me for the medical. A letter stating application has advanced to next stage. That is second stage. Very strange and dont know how to proceed.

MyHero

May 16, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Yes in my online portal. Final decision "Refused". But today application status "We are processing your application". Medical forms send to me for the medical. A letter stating application has advanced to next stage. That is second stage. Very strange and dont know how to proceed.
From what country are you applying?

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
Send a webform and ask for the status of your application. In your message, mention about the refusal letter you received before for the same application. That's really confusing and scary.

sjpras

Jul 21, 2020
was this course supposed to be online or was made online due to Covid? if its the latter ---maybe--- the VO made an initial mistake assuming it to be online only course and later changed it ?
Also what do you mean by second stage. Did you get AIP?
Hi Ayesha. Yes you are correct course is a inclass learning. Due to Covid course learning method changed to Online.

I am not sure AIP?. Following the medical form there was a letter sent to my portal with this quote "Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing".

I have done the application on my own. Did not choose any representatives. How i need to proceed now? Appreciate if you can help me.

sjpras

Jul 21, 2020
I don't fully understand the case. As I understand, you got refusal but after that you got AIP? If that so, that's weird.
September 1st - Applied for study permit
September 10th - BioMetric given
September 10th - Application Refused based on "course is 100% online" define as distance learning course
September 11th - Online portal updated final decison 'Refused"
September 25th - Medical form send to me to complete in 90 days
September 25th - letter uploaded in my profile stating "Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing"

very weird dont know whether this is correct or not

Reactions: ohbruh

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
September 1st - Applied for study permit
September 10th - BioMetric given
September 10th - Application Refused based on "course is 100% online" define as distance learning course
September 11th - Online portal updated final decison 'Refused"
September 25th - Medical form send to me to complete in 90 days
September 25th - letter uploaded in my profile stating "Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing"

very weird dont know whether this is correct or not
If not for COVID, would this course still be fully online?

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
The best course of action now is to send a webform asking for clarification with regards to status of your application. It is a strange situation but seems to be the first refusal was an error.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo