+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My study permit just got refused, Need some help!

nigo22

May 27, 2021
I'm now living in New Zealand holding a student visa, I just got refused by Consulate General of Canada from Sydney. Reasons are :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

Can anyone explain the reasons to me? and what should I do before I reapply?

Thanks a lot!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm now living in New Zealand holding a student visa, I just got refused by Consulate General of Canada from Sydney. Reasons are :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

Thanks a lot!
You need to provide your full profile.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes but a big reason is that you are not a citizen of NZ but are studying there. You need to show strong ties to your home country (job, career, property). Again just guessing without knowing your profile.

Gaurav644

May 24, 2021
I watched a YouTube video in which consultant discussed almost a similar profile like yours, he mentioned one of the main reason behind refusal ( immigration status). Though its clearly mentioned that just because you are already studying in new zealand and you don’t have any specific reason to come back to new zealand because of you don’t have family ties in NZ. You can also reffer below video for further clarification.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020

Thanks a lot!
Applying from a third country no matter how strong your file is very few (I’d say 20%, that’s a lot actually) get through in the first attempt. They give you these two reasons no matter how good of a student you are.
Order GCMS ASAP and work on the reasons.
The immigration status reason I can tell you is because of your temporary status in NZ. Is there any way you can apply from your home country? That would literally make your profile 60% more eligible to get acceptance!!!

nigo22

May 27, 2021
Applying from a third country no matter how strong your file is very few (I’d say 20%, that’s a lot actually) get through in the first attempt. They give you these two reasons no matter how good of a student you are.
Order GCMS ASAP and work on the reasons.
The immigration status reason I can tell you is because of your temporary status in NZ. Is there any way you can apply from your home country? That would literally make your profile 60% more eligible to get acceptance!!!
Thank you, I'm working on the GCMS now.

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020

Thanks a lot!
The application need to be from your own country and next application you need to showcase strong home ties. If you apply again from a foreign land be assured that chances of rejection is higher. If you search Quora, you will see a post from a brother in Nepal how he had to travel back to his own country and how his fifth Application for study was approved. All the best