+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My study permit got rejected -

henny

Jan 7, 2014
Hello there,

I study at Sprott Shaw college. I have been staying in Vancouver for 2 years. i love it but somehow my second time applied for my student permit is rejected . i go to school, i got a good mark, GPA3.5, i follow each step of rule. I can't image that i am not a genuine student here. The officer said i am not satisfy you don't meet the requirement. The reason I got rejected is

"You have 6 weeks of Lab time, which do not appear related to any program and there are no
marks; these Labs are not listed on the school's website. You appear to have stopped going to
school on 08 November 2013 due to visa issues, your previous study permit was valid until 30
November 2014. One 40 hour program is missing from your timetable/transcripts and there appears to be no explanation."

The officer made a mistake on this letter which is my expire date is in 2013, not 2014.
I didn't put the lab time on my schedule. It's a school system. I don't know it became one of the reason i am rejected by cic.
the program did show on the timetable. the mark didn't show on the transcripts is because school doesn't have time to update and

my question is its possible I submit the third time application and get my study permit approved if i explain reason above.
or i should find a lawyer.

i don't have much of time wasting here. I want to get my permit done and work here.
Please assist me

Thank you very much

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pLEASE FIND A LAWYER TO HELP YOU DEAL WITHT HIS MATTER

bruce9078

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Camani,

I want to study Bachelor of Business Administration (Human Resources Management) in Canada

1 - Can my husband apply as he a spouse?

2 - Can my husband work while i am studying? he has call center experiences telemarketing / Customer support officer.

3 - How many hours can an international student on a Bachelor program are allowed to work in a week?

4 - when do i apply for work permit and SIN number?

5 - i will be on Work off campus or on campus?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bruce9078 said:
Hi Camani,

I want to study Bachelor of Business Administration (Human Resources Management) in Canada

1 - Can my husband apply as he a spouse?

2 - Can my husband work while i am studying? he has call center experiences telemarketing / Customer support officer.

3 - How many hours can an international student on a Bachelor program are allowed to work in a week?

4 - when do i apply for work permit and SIN number?

5 - i will be on Work off campus or on campus?
1. Yes, no guarantee he will be issued a work permit.
2. See 1
3. After 6 months of successful studies at a recognized school, the student can get a work permit allowing 20 hours during school 40 during school breaks.
4. See 3
5. On campus from day 1 no work permit required, only a SIN, for off campus see 3.

karthik415

Jan 8, 2014
PMM said:
Hi

2. See 1
3. After 6 months of successful studies at a recognized school, the student can get a work permit allowing 20 hours during school 40 during school breaks.
4. See 3
5. On campus from day 1 no work permit required, only a SIN, for off campus see 3.

hi i am applying NYIT MBA program plz can you tell what r the chances of getting visa and part time job in vancouver. thank you

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karthik415 said:
hi i am applying NYIT MBA program plz can you tell what r the chances of getting visa and part time job in vancouver. thank you
Depends on how good you are at networking.

greenlytatum

Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 February 2014
AOR Received.
21 March 2014
File Transfer...
3 July 2014
Med's Done....
15 October 2013
Passport Req..
28 July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
15 August 2014
LANDED..........
30 August 2014
Hey guys.

I'm new to this forum and so far,I think you people are
very informative and that's really helpful actually. I
kinda need your help or rather advice on what I should
do now. I applied for a study permit last year October
and got denied. These were the reasons:

Purpose of visit ( I don't know how or what I was
supposed to show because clearly my only intention is
to study in Canada and nothing more)

Ties in my home country and Canada ( my mom is a
canadian citizen and that's absolutely not my fault!
Even though,my father has been my guardian ever
since I was a toddler doesn't this count as home ties?)
Okay so I reapplied on the 13th of december with proof
of my father's property and an affidavit that states that
I'm going to inherit his property one day. BUT,I
presented my mother's bank statements because my
father's company is currently undergoing massive
renovations so his bank statements didn't have
enough money. How do you think this will affect my
study permit application?

And again,my LOA has been cancelled because I asked
for a refund from Seneca College. Reason being,I was
supposed to start college on the 6th this month,and it
waaaaay past that now. Does the embassy verify my
acceptance letter again? I mean I used the same
acceptance letter that I used in my previous
application,do they really have re-verify it? Because
now I'm going to re-apply to Seneca college again for
the next semester. I'm confused right now and I don't
know what to do. Has anyone been in my situation
before? Please let me know how you dealt with it

Thanks in advance for your replies

bruce9078

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

2. See 1
4. See 3

Thanks yor the reply...

One more thing...

Is it necessary for my husband to be a skilled occupation or good job exp to apply within my student visa?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good job exp to apply within my student visa?
It does not matter much. cic will not issue you visas if you are not able to show enough funds to cover all tuition and living expenses for both of you. you cannot say to cic : I do not have enough funds but my husband will work , earn and pay for my tuition and our living expenses. It does not work like that with cic.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
an affidavit that states that
I'm going to inherit his property one day
So are you going to pay your tuition and expenses when you inherit that property? :eek:

You cannot use the same acceptance letter as many times as you wish. You MUST get a new one stating new period.

bruce9078

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

2. See 1
4. See 3

Thanks yor the reply...

One more thing...

Is it necessary for my husband to be a skilled occupation or good job exp to apply within my student visa?

bruce9078

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

2. See 1
4. See 3
Is it necessary for my husband to be a skilled occupation or good job exp to apply within my student visa? and to get work permit

bruce9078

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are the below important?Pakistan??

1 - Evidence of employment/business (Contract Letter/Business NTN Certificate and firm registration document),
Income tax returns for the last one year. as i am jobless from the past 2 years had went to study in Melbourne but came down after completing one semester in bachelors then came down got married and applied for my husband but got refused went again but couldn't concentrate so came down last year. Also u know Aus they refuse once then its rare they change their minD so now want continue the bachelors in Canada but take my husband along.
2 - A personal study plan describing your proposed program of study as it relates to your academic, technical or vocational background.
3 - Police certificate from each country or territory in which you have resided since attaining the age of 18 years.
4 - Bank statement for the last one year (With bank logo on each page. We have a joint account its only 3 months old if we start our visa process and not much fund available its just our normal used account.
5 - Any unused property kept for selling to fund the applicant's education. Belongs to my aunt but i am nominated on a Rs 100 bond/stamp at the event of death... is it acceptable?
6 - My husband friend is a citizen in Canada what help we can take from him for the visa process?
7 - Can we arrange running finance?

Reactions: Abdelrahmanokasha

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Yes. Whatever you can get. Also, you will need a SOP explaining what you have been doing fot two years.
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Three months is enough.
5.No. It does not belong to you. Sell it if you can, then show the money.
6. No. It could make things worse.
7. What does it mean?