+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My study permit got refused within three days of applying, should I reapply?

Mujtaba788

Aug 2, 2018
I applied for study permit on 7th Oct and got refused today. Utterly shocked with this much sudden negative response.
They told the reason that I could not satisfy that I will leave Canada after studies.
Should I reapply?
If yes, how to issue this concern for a possible outcome?

Pakistani_Student

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I applied for study permit on 7th Oct and got refused today. Utterly shocked with this much sudden negative response.
They told the reason that I could not satisfy that I will leave Canada after studies.
Should I reapply?
Are you applying from Pakistan?

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
helo Guys,

I applied for the first time on 3rd July for Jan 2019 Intake for U of Calgary for MEng with Specialization in Energy and Environment, however, Visa got refused on 27th August.

Now again have applied on 17th Sep but so far no progress

"Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

they even haven't yet started reviewing my eligibility although this wasn't mentioned when I last time applied, Don't know what's going on. Anyhow Medical passed.

Applied online from KSA

Last edited:

Pakistani_Student

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
helo Guys,

I applied for the first time on 3rd July for Jan 2019 Intake for U of Calgary for MEng with Specialization in Energy and Environment, however, Visa got refused on 27th August.

"Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

they even haven't yet started reviewing my eligibility although this wasn't mentioned when I last time applied, Don't know what's going on. Anyhow Medical passed.

Applied online from KSA
Why did they refuse your old visa?
Please share in detail

BA0307

Oct 2, 2018
helo Guys,

Applied online from KSA
Did u apply online or offline??
and from where??

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Should I reapply?
Everybody gets that reason so dont worry. If you plan to reapply then order GCMS report first as it will have all the exact details for rejection. There may be other reason like program selection, finance, medical, security, etc etc which you can only find out from the gcms report. you have to order it from caipsgcms.com

Reactions: Hew123

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Why did they refuse your old visa?
Please share in detail
here is the full detail.
"Dear ---------
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee."

shabnum462

Sep 23, 2018
helo Guys,

Applied online from KSA
Hi.did you apply from Riyadh?

BA0307

Oct 2, 2018
helo Guys,

Applied online from KSA
I got exactly same response.

After are other documents u attached while reapplying.

shabnum462

Sep 23, 2018
I applied online, from KSA, so case forwarded to Riyadh visa office .

But due to recent conflicts, don't know how they are processing applications for expatriates.
Cant we submit paper based application directly to the office?or only online?i also have to apply for study permit from ksa.i was confused due to the recent conflicts.

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Cant we submit paper based application directly to the office?or only online?i also have to apply for study permit from ksa.i was confused due to the recent conflicts.
@shabnum462 it doesn't matter which method you adopt for application because documents are same as per my understanding.

Even paper-based applications are submitted through VAC and later linked with an online system for updates.

Now I truly believe that It entirely depends on the mood of the visa office, even if your SOP is strong, the bank statement is huge, IELTS score (Although I got admission without IELTS), strong family connections, If visa officer has made up his mind then nobody can get a visa. It's only hope we are left with.

So let's hope for the best.

are you applying for the Winter-2019 session, it's getting late. Apply ASAP.

Good Luck

Reactions: rebenjamin