+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Student Visa Denied-Needs Helps for Re-Application

Ewajesu2016

Aug 14, 2019
My name is peter from Nigeria,I am 30years old and will clock 31years old and this year October, I am married with two kids and my career course is computer science from an Indian College,I applied for a student Visa and was denied,I was offered admission into Toronto school of management to study data analytics ,I already paid 50% of my tuition fee,I also paid 40% of my accommodation fee.I was denied Due to the following grounds:

Dear *****,
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

==============================
I used my step brother (though we have different surnames) as my sponsorship because he gave me all financial support for my study in Canada .. He also write a financial support letter in addition to my financial supporting documents,The school that gave me admission is given intakes of November this year and I am thinking of re-applying,what will be thesuccess of my application if I should re-apply?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you aware that this school does not qualify for PGWP? I assume you are trying to immigrate. We would need more information about your current job and what kind of savings your brother has. Are you both living in Nigeria? Do you have family in Canada and have you tried to immigrate or work in Canada in the past?

Ewajesu2016

Aug 14, 2019
Thank you for the response.prior to your questions.
i. I applied for a Temporary Residence Permit.
ii. I work with an NGO as a public Relation Officer.
iii.Yes I leave in Nigeria with my brother who works with (OVH Energy)previously porpularly known as Oando Pertroleum Marketting Company as a dealer and my brothers as a minimum of 1.5million Naira(Approximately $7,000CAD) In is account monthly
iv. I have never applied to Canada before and do not have any family member in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This college will not qualify for a work permit after you graduate versus other schools that qualify for PGWP. You should go to another school.

How much savings does you brother currently have. Being paid $7000/month is not enough he must show his current savings. Given that you work in PR for an NGO it doesn’t make sense for you to go and study data analytics. It doesn’t look like you have pursued a career in IT after you did your bachelors degree in computer science. You would have to explain why you would need another degree in IT when you aren't using your other degree.

Ewajesu2016

Aug 14, 2019
Once again thank you for the response.

Those that mean the school is also part of my refusal of student visa? But the school was listed in the Designates Learning Institutions and what about that?

I said my brother minimum account balance is around $7000 which means he has more than such amount in is account,Moreso can my uncle or aunt be my sponsorship?

Apart from the NGO I work with I am also a sole proprietorship because I have a small business I run and I have the certificate of incoporation but the financial status of my private enterprise is not bouyant.Moreso i acquired My First Certificate from an India School (Aptech Global Education) though the program was runned in Nigeria. If i may also ask My wife is a Registered Nurse in Nigeria, working in a Federal Hospital what can be done about her Own status to Canada ?Thank you for taking your time to answer My questions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Once again thank you for the response.

Those that mean the school is also part of my refusal of student visa? But the school was listed in the Designates Learning Institutions and what about that?

I said my brother minimum account balance is around $7000 which means he has more than such amount in is account,Moreso can my uncle or aunt be my sponsorship?

Apart from the NGO I work with I am also a sole proprietorship because I have a small business I run and I have the certificate of incoporation but the financial status of my private enterprise is not bouyant.Moreso i acquired My First Certificate from an India School (Aptech Global Education) though the program was runned in Nigeria. If i may also ask My wife is a Registered Nurse in Nigeria, working in a Federal Hospital what can be done about her Own status to Canada ?Thank you for taking your time to answer My questions.
No the school doesn’t have to do with your refusal. Doesn’t matter if your school has DLI. Your school and program must qualify for PGWP.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

An account balance of $7000 is definitely not enough to support you. He should have 10k plus your tuition fee at the very minimum but he must have these funds in addition to savings for himself. It would not make sense for him to give you all his savings for you to study in Canada so you can return to work in Canada. Yes you can add your Aunt and uncle to the sponsorship. The more people who are involved the less likely you will be approved. Paying for your schooling must not exhaust their savings. This should be extra savings and will leave your brother or aunt/uncle with some savings for themselves. Unless you can prove a lot more savings your wife and children will likely not get approved to accompany you to Canada until you get PGWP and a job with NOC 0, A or B plus 3 pay stubs. You do have to get approved for a study permit first. You must show that you will have the funds to support your family even if your wife can’t get a job. Families of international student are not guaranteed permits/visas.