+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Student Visa Application was Rejected

rishi96

Jul 5, 2018
Hi,
Iam a applicant from Sri Lanka, I got the offer letter from Sheridan college / Ontario for Fall intake for a 2 year diploma program (Early Childhood Education) and already the 1st semester fee is paid.

Very sadly my VISA application was rejected with 6 point reason :(

Visa Application Submitted - 04/05/2018
Results Received - 03/06/2018

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Personnel Information -
Married, Husband is an Accountant.

Iam financially sponsored by my uncle (Bother of my Mother) for covering my college fee and other expenses in my stay at Canada.

My education background :-

GCE O/L Passed very well,
GCE A/L Commerce stream -
Business Studies - B, Economics - B, Accounting - S, General English - B
Followed 7 Month Diploma with Pre School Teacher Training (AMI Diploma)

Having 2 year Pre School Teaching Experience ending October 2017.
and from that time Iam following an online program relating to teaching. and was spending time finding a college for my higher education.
My IELTS - Listening-6.5 Reading-5.5 Writing-5.5 Speaking-6.5 - Overall - 6

I had only traveled once before out side my country (Sri Lanka), it was a religious pilgrimage for 10 days to KSA.

I do not have any personnel assets of mine to show, my application was supported by sponsor letter prepared and signed by my uncle.

Please help me in this situation, i was confident that i would receive my visa approved as my honest intention is to get credential from a recognized college in Canada. I hope I have given enough information to give me an advice, if further information is required please ask.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are already working in early childhood education so your diploma won't advance your career. If you were perhaps doing a 4 year university degree in early childhood education that would probably be a more logical degree or teacher's college. It doesn't make sense to travel for the first time to do a degree the will not add much to your qualifications. The fact that you or your parents don't have strong finances concerns CIC because your uncle has his own family to look after. Unfortunately this screams way to immigration. You have the option to order the GCMS notes for more information on your refusal.

rishi96

Jul 5, 2018
You are already working in early childhood education so your diploma won't advance your career. If you were perhaps doing a 4 year university degree in early childhood education that would probably be a more logical degree or teacher's college. It doesn't make sense to travel for the first time to do a degree the will not add much to your qualifications. The fact that you or your parents don't have strong finances concerns CIC because your uncle has his own family to look after. Unfortunately this screams way to immigration. You have the option to order the GCMS notes for more information on your refusal.
Thank you. Ya iam planning to order the GCMS notes.