+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My step mother is principal applicant, I am dependant with copr and she is threatening me and my dad with not coming to Canada.

mel000

Feb 23, 2024
My father have his permanent residence and my step mother is the principal applicant in our application for PR. I am a dependent and we got our copr, but I can’t land without her or before her and now she’s threatening us with not coming. They have some problems between them. What we should I do? Is there any way me to come or enter without pa or principal applicant? Can my dad make her copr cancelled so that i can enter without her?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My father have his permanent residence and my step mother is the principal applicant in our application for PR. I am a dependent and we got our copr, but I can’t land without her or before her and now she’s threatening us with not coming. They have some problems between them. What we should I do? Is there any way me to come or enter without pa or principal applicant? Can my dad make her copr cancelled so that i can enter without her?
If she is PA then she can cancel your COPR at any time if you haven’t landed. You cannot enter until she has landed first. Nothing you can do.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you can qualify for PR on your own then you are free to move to Canada that way. If you qualified based on your stepmother then she is able to decide whether to move to Canada or not. If she decides to come to Canada and sponsor you that is her choice. This doesn’t sound like a healthy relationship so not sure your father really should want to remain in this relationship. If there are problems in their relationship the stressor moving to Canada and the stress of the high cost of living will likely lead to a lot more arguments. You need a strong relationship in order to deal with the stress and uncertainly of immigration.