+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My spouse is Doctor

May 20, 2017
Good evening guys,

Can I include my spouse in the ECA WES process, she is a Medicine doctor

Is this applicable or not?as I have heared that Doctor has special assessment.

Please advise.

Thank you,

SREEPRIYA

Mar 30, 2017
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
File Transfer...
22-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Good evening guys,

Please advise.

Thank you,
HI
I am a doctor and have done my ECA through physicinapply.ca . website . MCC needs source verification of MBBS degree for giving an ECA.
I think some have done it through WES . I am not sure of the ECA of MBBS through WES. So I cannot comment on that.
I have done it through MCC and got my ECA report for MBBS degree. Based on the directions at Physicianapply.ca website your wife can get her ECA done and then claim points for spouse education.
The evaluation done by MCC will also be helpful in the future if planning to practice or do fellowship in CANADA as per my knowledge.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
HI
I am a doctor and have done my ECA through physicinapply.ca . website . MCC needs source verification of MBBS degree for giving an ECA.
I think some have done it through WES . I am not sure of the ECA of MBBS through WES. So I cannot comment on that.
I have done it through MCC and got my ECA report for MBBS degree. Based on the directions at Physicianapply.ca website your wife can get her ECA done and then claim points for spouse education.
The evaluation done by MCC will also be helpful in the future if planning to practice or do fellowship in CANADA as per my knowledge.
Helo,
I've got my ECA of medicine degree done by WES, Canada.

As far as the immigration process is concerned, ECA done by WES is valid. They'd evaluated my MBBS as a 'Professional degree needed to practise in a licensed profession"

However, if you are planning to get license to practise medicine in Canada or to study higher in Canada on the basis of your medicine degree, you must get your degree assessed by MCC.
If you have these plans further, then it's advisable to go for MCC evaluation. It'll help in your immigration as well as further licensure procedures.

slash_splash

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2017
Good evening guys,

Please advise.

Thank you,
if she is the primary applicant and applying as a physician, mcc is a must. If she is an accompanying spouse, wes is fine. My wife is a medical doctor and she did it from wes, no issue.

Reactions: afarrakh

Haytham1984

Sep 16, 2017
if she is the primary applicant and applying as a physician, mcc is a must. If she is an accompanying spouse, wes is fine. My wife is a medical doctor and she did it from wes, no issue.
Thanks allot for help
When applying at WES do they ask if you are the primary applicant or not . As my wife is doctor and I am a dentist . I am the primary applicant . How will they know if she is the secondary applicant
Thanks

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Thanks allot for help
When applying at WES do they ask if you are the primary applicant or not . As my wife is doctor and I am a dentist . I am the primary applicant . How will they know if she is the secondary applicant
Thanks
No they don't ask. You are only asked when you create your EE profile.

rob8055

Nov 8, 2017
No they don't ask. You are only asked when you create your EE profile.
Hello guys,
Anyone has definite proof or experience that this works? I am in the same boat as I am preparing for entering the pool and my wife is a doctor (accompanying spouse) and I could do without the hassle going through MCC. I understand you are very clear on what you are saying but there are many conflicting views on this matter. So, has anyone actually received and ITA with his/her doctor spouse ECA from WES?

afarrakh

Mar 17, 2018
Guys im in the same boat
My wife is mbbs and secondary applicant
I already paid wes fee
Now I need to know whether wes is enough or I should start mcc
Pls advise if anyone got the points in crs using wes eca for secondary applicant for mbbs degree

Thanks!

Addy123

Mar 10, 2018
What if primary applicant is a Doctor and doesn’t want to practise Medicine in Canada! Can he/she get ECA through WES or BCIT. Would CIC process the EE Case?

afarrakh

Mar 17, 2018
What if primary applicant is a Doctor and doesn’t want to practise Medicine in Canada! Can he/she get ECA through WES or BCIT. Would CIC process the EE Case?
from what i have read on the CIC website and all the forums there is no way if the primary applicant is doctor then degree only has to get accredited from MCC

Addy123

Mar 10, 2018
from what i have read on the CIC website and all the forums there is no way if the primary applicant is doctor then degree only has to get accredited from MCC
I read that in order to practise in Canada. Educational credientials need to be evaluated from MCC. So confused. I got my MBBS Degree evaluates from BCIT

viki_virgo

Mar 24, 2018
Dear Gents,
Need your kind support and advise regarding one issue which i facing,i applied as General practitioner/family physician 2016 NOC code 3112 and done ECA from WES and got ITA. After submission of all documents i received response from IRCC General practitioner/family physician 2016 NOC code 3112 must need to submit ECA from MCC(Medical Coucil of Canada) and they give me 30 days to submit my ECA from MCC report with in 30 days other wise my application may cause rejected.
After that i applied for ECA MCC but its lengthy process its will take 2-3 Moths so i applied Extension will they allow me extension kindly guide.

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi everyone.

My wife is a medical doctor from Pakistan and she is a secondary applicant. She is not intending to practice medicine anymore in Canada.
Will IQAS assess her degree and are there any obstacles that we can potentially face at the time of EE profile if her credentials are assessed by IQAS.

Looking forward for a useful response.

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Guys im in the same boat
My wife is mbbs and secondary applicant
I already paid wes fee
Now I need to know whether wes is enough or I should start mcc
Pls advise if anyone got the points in crs using wes eca for secondary applicant for mbbs degree

Thanks!
Hi,
Have you got a reply on that? please share with me too as I am on the same boat. The only difference is that I am opting for IQAS instead of WES.

afarrakh

Mar 17, 2018
Hi,
Have you got a reply on that? please share with me too as I am on the same boat. The only difference is that I am opting for IQAS instead of WES.
Just go for MCC if you can afford. I thought it would be slow but was super fast for RMC pak. I applied in parallel to MCC apart from Wes. Now will abandon Wes as didn't send them the marks sheets of year 1,2,3