+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My spouse education. Will the CIC request...? Please help!!!

MarceloS

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
I am the main applicant and all points I am claiming are based on my requirements only. However, my wife will be accompanying me to Canada and she is in my application. She has only a high school education. When the CIC requests the supported documents from me, will they request her high school diploma and high school transcript as well?

Thank you.

LeoNYC

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
I think you will not need to submit neither her HS diploma nor her HS transcript since they will not add anything to your application. That's just my sense.

dilawer02pg12

Star Member
Nov 17, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
My understanding is that if you are not claiming any points then you don't need to send proof of that. Thats just my understanding.
Means if someone claiming points then he has to submit proof of that (educational documenti.e Transcipts , degree etc)

bailavida

Jan 9, 2009
MarceloS said:
I am the main applicant and all points I am claiming are based on my requirements only. However, my wife will be accompanying me to Canada and she is in my application. She has only a high school education. When the CIC requests the supported documents from me, will they request her high school diploma and high school transcript as well?

Thank you.

I suggest you submit those documents anyway. Let the CIC decide whether they need them or not. Good luck!

GOAN7

Jan 4, 2009
If you do not want to accumulate points from your spouse side, then nothing will be asked for,from the education point,you can however attach photo copies of your spouse high school certificates

aurobind

Nov 23, 2008
The total evaluation is based on PA. Also the qualification of spouse or children has no points that will improve the score. The schedule 1 for the spouse and the details asked in education and personal history are only used to ensure the total family history. Unless there is negative in PCC and medical you need not worry if she is educated or not.

bailavida

Jan 9, 2009
aurobind said:
The total evaluation is based on PA. Also the qualification of spouse or children has no points that will improve the score. The schedule 1 for the spouse and the details asked in education and personal history are only used to ensure the total family history. Unless there is negative in PCC and medical you need not worry if she is educated or not.

I hope you don't mind me correcting you, aurobind, about the possible points coming from a spouse. The PA's spouse education and relative in Canada may add points to the application. I have a bachelor's degree and I'm certain it added points to our PR application (my husband was the PA).

aurobind

Nov 23, 2008
Sorry, I think I need to clarify what I meant
the CIC sates
"If you meet these minimum requirements, your application will then be processed according to the six selection factors in the skilled worker points grid. The six selection factors are:

your education
your abilities in English and/or French, Canada’s two official languages
your work experience
your age
whether you have arranged employment in Canada, and
your adaptability.
You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada."

which is all depending up on the PA

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/Adaptability.asp

Factor 6 – Adaptability
(maximum 10 points)
You can receive a maximum of 10 points based on any combination of the elements listed below:

1. Accompanying Spouse / Common-Law Partner’s Education:
Secondary school diploma or less
A one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and completed at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
A one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship or university degree at the bachelor’s level and completed at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship or university degree at the bachelor’s level and completed at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
A three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship (not university) and completed at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
Two or more university degrees at the bachelor’s level and completed at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
A master’s or Ph.D. and completed at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies
Not Applicable
2. Principal Applicant or Spouse / Common-Law Partner has studied in Canada
No, or has less than two years post-secondary education in Canada
Completed at least two years of post-secondary education in Canada since the age of 17
3. Principal Applicant or Spouse / Common-Law Partner has worked in Canada
No, or has worked full-time in Canada for less than one year
Worked full-time in Canada for at least one year
4. Principal Applicant has obtained points under Factor 5, Arranged Employment
You are not eligible to claim points on this question as you do not have arranged employment under Factor 5.
5. Principal Applicant or Spouse / Common-Law Partner has family in Canada
No family in Canada
Family in Canada (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, niece, nephew, child or grandchild, spouse or common-law partner who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada)

From this the points max alloted is 10 and has weightage on spouses education, but that alone will not give you a 10 in factor 6.

What I wanted to mention is that if the PA has pass mark then this score is only considered as an advantage, will not effect the pass mark which PA has attained and also if the PA is in border case then this can boostnad make a Passmark. But if the PA is a clear pass mark case then the spouse being less educated will not work negative and reduce the passmark