+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My spousal TRV got approved within a week! Share some tips

vwei

Jan 10, 2024
Hi friends, I'd like to share my good news on the visiting visa. If you have any questions about spousal TRV, I would love to give a hand:)

[TRV-tourism] I have submitted a TRV application in early 2023 before my family class PR. After they received my biometrics, there were no responses anymore.

[TRV-visiting] So we changed our plan. I submitted a PR application in Jan 2024 and got AOR1 in Feb. After the AOR1, I submitted another TRV on Feb 18th. The bio for this application was waived because they already have one on file. Eligibility was completed on Feb 21st. OPR was sent on Feb 24th. I was so impressed that the spousal TRV policy is still valid!

Regarding the last successful TRV application, here are some tips about the required documents:
  • Invitation Letter
    • Purpose: a good reason, for example, to celebrate an anniversary/birthday
    • Duration: 2 or 3 weeks max. Give an exact date you plan to leave Canada
    • Medical coverage
    • Sponsor ties to Canada (status, work...)
    • PA's STRONG ties to home (work, family, etc.): why you need to go back home
    • ONE sentence about the PR application and quote the FN
  • Proof of Means of Financial Support
    • PA's income and assets documents. The sponsor's financial support won't help too much with the TRV application
    • Some example documents
      • Income: employment letter, Tax report, bank statement
      • Assets: savings, house, cars......
  • Client Information
    • PA's national ID card, birth certificate, police certificate, marriage certificate, family booklet, continued details of education/employment/travel history
    • Sponsor's Canadian ID card, proof of status in Canada (PR or citizen)
  • Purpose of Travel
    • Purpose
    • Duration: Depart and Leave dates
    • How much CAD do you prepare for the trip? I found some posts mentioned at least C$500 per day
    • Round-way flights itinerary (book full refund flights)
    • If you mentioned you will stay in your sponsor's residence, then do not need to attach hotel bookings

Reactions: p86shah

Chestermayday

Dec 19, 2015
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
such a good news! my PA is in China too and her trv got rejected. well i guess that was because we submitted before AOR... now I'm gonn a give it a try! Did you submit through portal or gckey?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hi friends, I'd like to share my good news on the visiting visa. If you have any questions about spousal TRV, I would love to give a hand:)

[TRV-tourism] I have submitted a TRV application in early 2023 before my family class PR. After they received my biometrics, there were no responses anymore.

[TRV-visiting] So we changed our plan. I submitted a PR application in Jan 2024 and got AOR1 in Feb. After the AOR1, I submitted another TRV on Feb 18th. The bio for this application was waived because they already have one on file. Eligibility was completed on Feb 21st. OPR was sent on Feb 24th. I was so impressed that the spousal TRV policy is still valid!

Regarding the last successful TRV application, here are some tips about the required documents:
  • Invitation Letter
    • Purpose: a good reason, for example, to celebrate an anniversary/birthday
    • Duration: 2 or 3 weeks max. Give an exact date you plan to leave Canada
    • Medical coverage
    • Sponsor ties to Canada (status, work...)
    • PA's STRONG ties to home (work, family, etc.): why you need to go back home
    • ONE sentence about the PR application and quote the FN
  • Proof of Means of Financial Support
    • PA's income and assets documents. The sponsor's financial support won't help too much with the TRV application
    • Some example documents
      • Income: employment letter, Tax report, bank statement
      • Assets: savings, house, cars......
  • Client Information
    • PA's national ID card, birth certificate, police certificate, marriage certificate, family booklet, continued details of education/employment/travel history
    • Sponsor's Canadian ID card, proof of status in Canada (PR or citizen)
  • Purpose of Travel
    • Purpose
    • Duration: Depart and Leave dates
    • How much CAD do you prepare for the trip? I found some posts mentioned at least C$500 per day
    • Round-way flights itinerary (book full refund flights)
    • If you mentioned you will stay in your sponsor's residence, then do not need to attach hotel bookings
Very good that you got TRV, but I think perhaps you are painting too rosy a picture overall.

The "spousal TRV policy" to which you refer is not an "official policy" and probably not a policy at all. In the wake of (then) Immigration Minister Sean Fraser making an announcement last year about more generous acceptance of TRV applications for spouses, if you spend much time on this forum you will discover that many have nevertheless been refused in the past year. There was initial optimism that the IRCC would take a much more lenient view of spousal applicants and not care much about the PA's income and assets, employment, strong ties, travel history, etc. But your post makes clear these things are still important.

What you say about the ingredients for mounting a successful application are exactly the same ingredients that applicants were expected to muster in the dark days before the celebrated new policy. So, weak applications will still fail and strong ones will be approved, now as before. The only change that might be said to exist is that coming clean and admitting to the spousal connection might not be the kiss of death it once was. It was common lore for a long time that if the PA had a bf, gf, or spouse they were coming to visit, that would scupper the application because, in the eyes of the IRCC, the PA would come to stay and never leave.

Reactions: r4ngerer

vwei

Jan 10, 2024
such a good news! my PA is in China too and her trv got rejected. well i guess that was because we submitted before AOR... now I'm gonn a give it a try! Did you submit through portal or gckey?
GCkey. Some YouTube videos mentioned the portal has a higher rate of rejection because it is assessing applications with AI. But you will spend less time on documents with Portal. Good luck with your application!

SpousalImmi

Feb 28, 2024
I'm shocked that ircc is making people jump through hoops for TRV for spouse? I don't understand is the expectation that they would leave after the TRV too? That's completely moronic, and defeats the purpose.

Reactions: r4ngerer

Chestermayday

Dec 19, 2015
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
GCkey. Some YouTube videos mentioned the portal has a higher rate of rejection because it is assessing applications with AI. But you will spend less time on documents with Portal. Good luck with your application!
Did your PA have a job back home? what did you provide as home tie if you don't mind sharing. Thanks