Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
Not only by our might but by the grace of God. Today my SOWP was delivered to me. I did not get the approval mail as everyone does and I did not know why. I wrote to the embassy several times but they refuse to tell me what was happening to my application. The normal processing time at my place was 8 weeks but mine took 12 weeks before it was approved. I was tensed about what the outcome will be but finally my constant prayers payed off. I will meet my wife soon. Keep on trying and never give up. This is my second time. First time I applied with my wife and we both got refusal. Later she applied alone and was approved, and I followed later.
Thank God and good luck to you all.

APNE

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
Many many congrats dear , my file still in process almost 4 months gone . Don't know what is going to happen , but having faith in god

APNE

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
My application was online , her medical is showing passed almost 2 months it is showing passed my lawyer saying to courier her passport but embassy did not send any passport request . Very confuse

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Hi Wasty, it is good to know that you got your SOWP. Heartiest Congratulations !!!

I know this might be already discussed here, but I couldn't locate the thread and the rules have changed a little over the years(I guess so) so wanted to start a new thread for Spousal Open Work Permit

My current situation : I have a 3 year open work permit which is about to expire in Dec 2016. I have finished my masters in Canada and have been working for a little under 2 years now.

I am planning to get my registered marriage done in Nov 2014 and help my spouse apply for a Spousal Open Work Permit in November. I want to bring her along with me to Canada whenever we get married next year(prolly around Feb 2015 as per rituals, yada yada in a big expensive way Tongue). I am choosing to get her along with me on a Open Work Permit in Feb 2015, as opposed to choosing the PR sponsorship route which takes around 13 months for her to get the landed status and travel.

I have recently applied for the PR under CEC class so that I do not get my PR until Sep 2015, which gives me enough time to get her here on SOWP.

This is what i found which is relevant to my question - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/austria-autriche/visas/54_1.aspx?lang=eng

If someone replies to this, I can followup with some further questions. Thanks for your time and help is appreciated !

Cheers,
M