+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My son's application

allan77w

Aug 3, 2011
It comes to the final!!! We have sent our son's passport to the visa office for the landing visa. And since our son is staying in Hong Kong with our parents, so my wife and I were in Hong Kong right now and wait for the passport, so that three of us can return to Canada together.
Base on the letter from visa office, they said "due to the vloume od visa processing at the Hong Kong office, it generally takes us 20 working days to issue permanent resident visa documentation and return your passport". Just wondering, will they return the passport within 20 days or this is just a rough number, and they may work it over 20 days or more?
As we need to book the flight ticket due to the peak season in Hong Kong and also tell our working company to extend our hoildays. So worry!!!

PLEAE HELP!!!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the VO said 20 days then consider 30 days.
If you want to make air ticket booking from a travel agent do it with a margin of 35 to 40 days from now. But if paying money for on line booking, then it will be risky. Visa offices say that do not book the ticket till you get the passport with visa.

allan77w

Aug 3, 2011
Oh no, we cannot wait for 30 days. Since the visa office is in Hong Kong, and they only take one day for local mail.
And unfortunately, we are booking online flight, and the reason why we are so worry is we need to change our flight schedule today, otherwise we will lose our ticket...

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Email Hong Kong and ask them for consideration, it might work. They know this is a child they are dealing with, if you advise you are working parents as well, they might turn it around in the 20 days.

allan77w

Aug 3, 2011
my wife and I are both in Hong Kong right now and waiting for my son's passport back from Hong Kong visa office. However, we suddenly received a letter from Hong Kong office and say that we need to provide additional information from us to proof that we are currently resident in Canada. Here are the information they need
A. Bank or Credit card statement
B. Utilities bills
C. Tax return (we already gave the written explaination to Ontario visa office before, we just moved back to Canada and haven't file any tax yet, don't know why they need this information again)
D. Employment Letter

Luckily, we had all information on hand before we travel back to Hong Kong, but really don't understand why they need this kind of information and we are so worry that it will affect the process time, and we cannot get back our son's passport before end of this month, as my wife and I are both working in Canada, our boss gotta kill us!!!

Anyone has any clue why they are asking? Super thanks!

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
allan77w said:
my wife and I are both in Hong Kong right now and waiting for my son's passport back from Hong Kong visa office. However, we suddenly received a letter from Hong Kong office and say that we need to provide additional information from us to proof that we are currently resident in Canada. Here are the information they need
A. Bank or Credit card statement
B. Utilities bills
C. Tax return (we already gave the written explaination to Ontario visa office before, we just moved back to Canada and haven't file any tax yet, don't know why they need this information again)
D. Employment Letter

Luckily, we had all information on hand before we travel back to Hong Kong, but really don't understand why they need this kind of information and we are so worry that it will affect the process time, and we cannot get back our son's passport before end of this month, as my wife and I are both working in Canada, our boss gotta kill us!!!

Anyone has any clue why they are asking? Super thanks!
This is very normal. They are asking because they ar not sure you are residing in Canada. They are suspecting may be you came to canada, got sponsorship approval and then went back home.