+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My sister wants to Apply for visit visa - I recently got COPR

larrissa2016

Mar 19, 2016
I recently got my PR application approved (express entry), I plan to move to Canada in November and my sister wants to come with me. She will only stay for 2 weeks while i get settled into Canda.

My sister is filling the tourist visa app forms now and it asks if she has a family member who recently got "PR".
We are afraid of saying "yes" in case CIC will think she also wants to settle in Canada with me, and therefore reject her.

guys do you have any ideas of what to do? will she be rejected because I am a PR? will CIC immediately think sh e wants to settle in canada?
If we answer no, will CIC find out?

She lives and works in United Kingdom and she has travelled a few times before, but she has also been rejected a tourist visa from 3 european countries before and also USA. Do you think there will be any issues

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
No issue with her saying yes to the question that you became a PR.

It really depends on your sister's current situation, and her ties to the UK/her home country.

larrissa2016

Mar 19, 2016
bellaluna said:
No issue with her saying yes to the question that you became a PR.

It really depends on your sister's current situation, and her ties to the UK/her home country.
Thanks Bellaluna,

She works and lives in the UK, on a work permit and she's been here since 2013. She palns to provide a reference letter from work stating that she is sully employed, also payslips, vacation approval letters. Would this be sufficient? Also, will she be asked to do a medical exam? Please advise

M

mikeymyke

She should be saying "yes" anyway, because lying on her app would be misrepresentation, and they will find out eventually that she does have a sister here who is PR. Never lie on a visitor visa application.

I can see there will be issues with her getting approved due to her history of visitor visa rejections and the fact she doesn't have permanent residence in the UK (people sometimes are refused due to "immigration status" if they're not a citizen or PR of the country they're currently living in). Does she have other family living with her or no?

larrissa2016

Mar 19, 2016
mikeymyke said:
She should be saying "yes" anyway, because lying on her app would be misrepresentation, and they will find out eventually that she does have a sister here who is PR. Never lie on a visitor visa application.

I can see there will be issues with her getting approved due to her history of visitor visa rejections and the fact she doesn't have permanent residence in the UK (people sometimes are refused due to "immigration status" if they're not a citizen or PR of the country they're currently living in). Does she have other family living with her or no?
Thanks for your reply;

no she doesnt have any other family (single and no kids) :( i hope this wont be a problem

M

mikeymyke

larrissa2016 said:
Thanks for your reply;

no she doesnt have any other family (single and no kids) :( i hope this wont be a problem
Unfortunately it might be a problem. She's single, no kids, no family back home, already refused 4x total to other countries, not a permanent resident of the country she's living in , she fits the typical profile of someone that is likely not a genuine visitor and will not leave. It wouldn't hurt to try, however don't be surprised if she is refused.

larrissa2016

Mar 19, 2016
mikeymyke said:
Unfortunately it might be a problem. She's single, no kids, no family back home, already refused 4x total to other countries, not a permanent resident of the country she's living in , she fits the typical profile of someone that is likely not a genuine visitor and will not leave. It wouldn't hurt to try, however don't be surprised if she is refused.

Hello All,

thanks for your reply on this topic, my sister just received her tourist visa approved ;D ;D ;D
Her application was processed within 3 working days (very surprising)

M

mikeymyke

larrissa2016 said:
Hello All,

thanks for your reply on this topic, my sister just received her tourist visa approved ;D ;D ;D
Her application was processed within 3 working days (very surprising)
Wow that's really surprising, but congrats. Just remember getting a tourist visa is no guarantee of entering Canada, she still has to satisfy the officer there that she's only going to stay here temporarily.

larrissa2016

Mar 19, 2016
mikeymyke said:
Wow that's really surprising, but congrats. Just remember getting a tourist visa is no guarantee of entering Canada, she still has to satisfy the officer there that she's only going to stay here temporarily.
Thats not going to be a problem at all, we have travelled many times before ;D :p , and her job ties to United Kingdom are more than sufficient. but thanks for taking the time to comment.