+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Sister got Visa refusal

gemini0809

Jan 10, 2020
Hi.. So my sister and her husband applied for visitors visa last December 20, 2019 but got refused last January 08 2020. The grounds are:
- travel history
- family ties in Canada and country of residence
- current employment status

Documents they submitted are:
1. Travel History- their work permits in Israel (they are both caregivers), boarding passes in and out of Israel. They work there since 2016. And went back to the Philippines last 2018 for vacation then back to Israel again.
2. Family Ties - our parents are here in Canada as visitors since 2016 but went home last march 2018 then go back here again as I gave birth to my 2nd child. Our eldest sister is in the Philippines while her husband's family are all in the Philippines.
3. Current work employment - they don't have work there yet as they just got home from Israel last November.

I gave them an invitation letter and stated there that me and my husband were invited them for 3 weeks visit (January 1-21) to celebrate our dads 55th birthday (January 14) and to do some sight seeing here. We will provide their accommodation for that visit bit all the expenses will be on them. They include 5k each for that visit (10k for both of them)

Anyone please help my sister.. thank you and God bless!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi.. So my sister and her husband applied for visitors visa last December 20, 2019 but got refused last January 08 2020. The grounds are:
- travel history

1. Travel History- their work permits in Israel (they are both caregivers), boarding passes in and out of Israel. They work there since 2016. And went back to the Philippines last 2018 for vacation then back to Israel again.
2. Family Ties - our parents are here in Canada as visitors since 2016 but went home last march 2018 then go back here again as I gave birth to my 2nd child. Our eldest sister is in the Philippines while her husband's family are all in the Philippines.
3. Current work employment - they don't have work there yet as they just got home from Israel last November.

I gave them an invitation letter and stated there that me and my husband were invited them for 3 weeks visit (January 1-21) to celebrate our dads 55th birthday (January 14) and to do some sight seeing here. We will provide their accommodation for that visit bit all the expenses will be on them. They include 5k each for that visit (10k for both of them)

Unfortunately there are a lot of problems with their application. They do not have strong ties to the Philippines. No jobs and perhaps no property under their names. Their travel history is only related to their employment in Israel so no real travel history. They have the majority of their family in Canada so there would be fears that they will want to remain in Canada. The fact that they are not employed doesn’t help. If they only have 5k each they would be using a very large portion of their savings for a holiday which doesn’t make sense given they aren’t employed.

Reactions: Ohdontyousee

gemini0809

Jan 10, 2020
Hi, thank you for the reply. Do you think if she re apply, and this time just her alone and not with her husband, it would be okay as she has reason to go back to the Philippines coz her husband is there? And what if our mom and dad go back to the Philippines? Coz they planning to go back home anyways too.. in her travel history, what do you think is the best way she can do? For her employment status? She actually have a work permit still in Israel valid til March 2020 and she included that too in her travel history. Do you think that's enough reason for her to go back to the Philippines as she has a work permit still in Israel? And what if, she'll visit us here just for 2 weeks? And this time, for my mom's birthday on February? When do you think is the best time for her to re apply?

Thank you so much!

gemini0809

Jan 10, 2020
By the way, our mom and dad are planning to go back home this March 2020. Do you think if she re apply now and she includes her return ticket to the Philippines, she'll get approved? And should she includes our parents return tickets as well?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Don’t by tickets until you get the TRV. They don’t influence IRCCs decision making process and usually ends up with people loosing their airfare.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately your sister’s chances are not great even without her husband. She is without longterm employment to return to, she doesn’t have personal travel experience and her savings are not very high. Her chances are certainly a bit better without her husband but there are so many spouses that have left their spouses to go work in Canada. Many women from the Philippines who are in Canada have done this. Without stronger ties like property, longterm employment, more family in the Philippines I fear she will be refused again.

Reactions: jddd

gemini0809

Jan 10, 2020
Hi.. She submitted her bank accounts too ($35k). So even if our mom and dad are going back to the Philippines for good (they dont like the weather here, make them depressed) she'll still be refused?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi.. She submitted her bank accounts too ($35k). So even if our mom and dad are going back to the Philippines for good (they dont like the weather here, make them depressed) she'll still be refused?
The issue is still that she doesn’t have a job to return to or very strong ties to the Philippines. She only recently returned.

gemini0809

Jan 10, 2020
The issue is still that she doesn’t have a job to return to or very strong ties to the Philippines. She only recently returned.
Hi canuck78, sorry I have one more question. If my sister shows her properties and businesses back home, you think she has a strong ties and that would be enough proof na she will come back to the Philippines?

Kris Era

Jan 30, 2020
- travel history

Hi,
Did they apply offline (thru papers) or online?
Where did they apply? In Israel or in the Philippines?

Last edited:

vtdat08

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
If my sister shows her properties and businesses back home, you think she has a strong ties and that would be enough proof na she will come back to the Philippines?
It depends on the value of properties, business profit& the rationality of the whole situation.
Last but not least, a little bit lucky.

Smily Pathak

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
Hello Guys,
My sister had applied for TRV from india twice once in December 2017 (to visit me and my brother during Christmas holidays) and secondly in July 2019 during our brother's convocation but unfortunately both times she got visa refusal. The first time, they refused due to no travel history, no strong ties in Canada and India and the second time, she got rejected due to no travel history.
She has no travel history because she has no reason to go anywhere and she wanted to come to Canada because her siblings live there and as far as strong ties are concerned, she has very strong ties in both countries because her siblings live in Canada and our parents live in India. She has every intention to go back because of my parents.
She has job in india and is currently working. we have submitted all the documents which proves that she is employed, showed fixed deposits on her name and me and brother have sent our employment letters, invitation letter along with her employment letter.
My question is, Is there any other way to apply for TRV or if we can add some more documents to make the case stronger?
Please help!!