+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My settlement experience

Sydkadra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
It's important everyone makes their own decisions but it's also important they here the good and the bad side of things as well. Some people come here and really struggle and some succeed. Me I left I'm glad I did and got a great job within 2 weeks for great pay back home and couldn't be happier than I made the decision to leave.

ust
Immigration should not be a game of luck for skilled immigrants who choose to migrate on the premise of career development, improvement in quality life and commensurate job opportunities better than their home countries. The point of contention is not that a few immigrants might have become millionaires but the majority of the rest is struggling and trying to make end meets, but the intake of the immigrants should have been based on the economic requirements of the country and must fluctuate based on the needs so that all those migrate with specific skill set must find the job of their choice to settle happily in the long run and at the same time the Government get the revenue from the taxes which they calculated based on the earnings of the immigrants corresponding to their skillsets. But if there is a disconnect between the earnings and the skillset for which they migrated, then it would be a lose-lose situation for both the immigrant and the Immigrating country as they don't get the expected revenue from the tax. So, there should be a very methodological approach to immigration so that almost all of those who migrated should not only secure their appropriate jobs the settle down quickly which will improve the overall economic condition of the country.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Every skilled immigrant moved here on the surety that they would get the job in their own field of expertise and get the earning which is commensurate worldwide based on their qualification and experience.
No. Most skilled immigrants are aware of the struggles we might have to endure, not sure why you aren't. Pop culture is full of references to this struggle, it's hard to miss the stereotypical tv or movie character who is an immigrant, was a doctor or lawyer in their home country and is a cab driver or convenience store clerk in their new country. I can name at least 5 examples off the top of my head.

Canada doesn't owe us anything, on the contrary, we should be grateful to be allowed to immigrate. No country is under the obligation of admitting foreigners in and then finding them a 6-figure-salary job. It is your responsibility to do some research before immigrating and to find out if it is hard or not to settle there, and then decide if it's worth it for you and your family.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
me too in the same boat. Very hard to leave well setelled and well paid job !!
I didn't really need to read this article. Very depressing for me. I have a steady well-paid job in my country so reading this kind of article (I read lot of articles like this in the forum) makes all my efforts to come to Canada (not to mention all the money I spent) go to waste

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Just wanted to give something else a go I had read a lot of positive things about it before I came.

As I stated before this was an article I wrote on my experiences to let people know. I certainly hope others have a much better experience that I did there. No regrets trying it out just didn't work for me much happier back home.
Home is always better especially if its Australia. Many of my friend migrated to Australia recently. I don't see any point migrating to Canada from Australia ??

Reactions: Lovely_Wings

timbertown4

Apr 24, 2018

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Everyone states that the beginning is going to hard but by time things will improve,i hope thats the case but anyways you guys only have to secure a job and then thats it,whats the longest will
It take you?i think most in a year or more will be in an average or above average job,in my case being a dentist its going to be a very long road but i wish i can finish it one day

Reactions: Jtahir and qureishi