+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Settlement Experience

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I want to share this to encourage anyone looking to relocate to canada . Everyone has a settlement story, so here is mine.
My Background: I have a Bsc, and Msc in Project Management and i was working as a Business Analyst back home.
I took a 5 weeks vacation to come to canada and land and also look for a Job so as not to resign before getting a suitable opportunity here in Canada.
I landed on the 14th of September and i started applying for Jobs the same day.
I applied at the rate of 30 Jobs Daily, and i was having an average of 5 phone interviews weekly.
I Finally got two Jobs after 28days of applying and the Pay was 3 times more than what I was earning back home!!

My Advice:

1) Before landing, Study the canadian Job market, and know what works here in your industry

2) Align your Resume to Canadian Standard

3) Apply! Apply!Apply! Remember its a game of numbers, the more you apply the more interviews you get thus increasing your chances of getting a Job

4) After every Interview do a mental recap, and take learnings, do not make the same mistakes at the next interview. Also ensure that you use industry specific terms during interviews.

5) Although a lot of people on this forum say start small and take whatever Job you get, I tend to disagree. My advice is that you have enough cash to sustain you for at least 2mths, research your industry and ensure you have what it takes to compete, learn from every interview and display your learnings in the next.

RyanLee

May 17, 2017
Hi there.

How has your hunt In the job market been this far? Where in Canada are u situated if I may ask? Any advise on companies that may be looking for someone in a similar field or f study?

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there.

How has your hunt In the job market been this far? Where in Canada are u situated if I may ask? Any advise on companies that may be looking for someone in a similar field or f study?
Located In Toronto, a lot of banks and software companies look for IT professionals

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Nice.. how much experience do you have? And how much can one expect as salary in IT for a profile like yours?

ejizy

Jul 9, 2017
Located In Toronto, a lot of banks and software companies look for IT professionals
Hello Everyone,

I want to share this to encourage anyone looking to relocate to canada . Everyone has a settlement story, so here is mine.
My Background: I have a Bsc, and Msc in Project Management and i was working as a Business Analyst back home.
I took a 5 weeks vacation to come to canada and land and also look for a Job so as not to resign before getting a suitable opportunity here in Canada.
I applied at the rate of 30 Jobs Daily, and i was having an average of 5 phone interviews weekly.
I Finally got two Jobs after 28days of applying and the Pay was 3 times more than what I was earning back home!!

My Advice:

1) Before landing, Study the canadian Job market, and know what works here in your industry

3) Apply! Apply!Apply! Remember its a game of numbers, the more you apply the more interviews you get thus increasing your chances of getting a Job

4) After every Interview do a mental recap, and take learnings, do not make the same mistakes at the next interview. Also ensure that you use industry specific terms during interviews.

5) Although a lot of people on this forum say start small and take whatever Job you get, I tend to disagree. My advice is that you have enough cash to sustain you for at least 2mths, research your industry and ensure you have what it takes to compete, learn from every interview and display your learnings in the next.
Hello,
This your experience is really inspiring,I just got my PPR and i intend landing in February. i have a bsc in business administration and I would like to do a PGC in Projecf management from a college or get a professional course in same field. Please which do u advice is best for me as am quite confused on which to do. Thank you.

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
This your experience is really inspiring,I just got my PPR and i intend landing in February. i have a bsc in business administration and I would like to do a PGC in Projecf management from a college or get a professional course in same field. Please which do u advice is best for me as am quite confused on which to do. Thank you.
I would advice you do PMP if you qualify to write the certification. Its really good and recognized here

Reactions: Amatsukami

ejizy

Jul 9, 2017
THANK
I would advice you do PMP if you qualify to write the certification. Its really good and recognized here
thanks sir for the advice, I don’t think am qualified at this level because I dont have any experience in Project Management that’s why I was thinking of doin a PGC.

sgemini

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

My Advice:

Thanks for writing this. It's truly inspiring. My company may not give such a long vacation, so I am planning to quit my job and move to Toronto. Hoping that its not totally a stupid idea.