+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My relationship status

Ten1010

Jun 30, 2020
I applied for my student visa n didn't mention my wife as dependent spouse cause my wife didn't feel comfortable traveling yet. She wanted me to travel to Canada first n settle down..n travel later....so I thought I will apply for her spouse visa later after a Ur when she is ready to trave... So I applied for student visa alone on beginning of January 2020...I got my student visa around mid of march for my may intake. While filing the visa form...my relationship status was married. When I got the visa also it is married.

But now the sad part is...I recently got divorced. Due to lockdown..we always end up staying inside... fighting... arguing... She ended up the marriage and wanted divorce. So end of June...i got divorced.

I applied for my student visa alone. She is not mentioned as dependent. I didn't apply for her as she wasn't ready to go that time...so it's not issue of spouse visa and all.

Now my problem is...when I travel to Canada this sept or Jan next yr...if by chance... immigration officer in airport ask me abt marriage n y my wife didn't apply or y i come alone to study...do I tell them that I got divorced?

Will being a divorced affect my student visa? I filed all alone..no mention of wife apart from her name and date of birth while filing for married status for student visa filing..

Will officer ask me abt marriage?
Will my student visa affect if I'm a divorced?
And if they don't ask anything abt marriage...do I have to declare that I recently got divorced? Plz help

Will being a divorced man while landing Canada for first time result in some issue?

I hope it's not a crime to be divorced

Ten1010

Jun 30, 2020
The general answer to everything you've asked is 'no'.

No? No to what? Like visa?
Or no they won't ask questions abt marriage... Or no that o should not hide and tell them abt my divorce.... I didn't even land on Canada and I'm already nervous and pissed for being divorced!