+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My previous employer from whom i have an experience letter is now got aquired.

Mandeep021

Jul 22, 2018
Hi All,

my previous employer who provided me experience letter is now got acquired by another company.Will my experience letter suffer any consequences as the name of company is different ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi All,

my previous employer who provided me experience letter is now got acquired by another company.Will my experience letter suffer any consequences as the name of company is different ?
Either you can approach the employer to provide a new letter... else you can provide Letter of Explanation written from your on side, with a relevant link if available on the internet highlighting the acquisition.

Mandeep021

Jul 22, 2018
Either you can approach the employer to provide a new letter... else you can provide Letter of Explanation written from your on side, with a relevant link if available on the internet highlighting the acquisition.
My all details like pay stubs , offer letter is with previous company name . So getting a new reference letter will show different organisations and also i got my experience letter with great difficulties as they were reluctant to provide jobs and duties at first place. With new organisation in control , i have no idea whether i just continue with existing reference letter with a link or shall i ask for new reference letter.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
My all details like pay stubs , offer letter is with previous company name . So getting a new reference letter will show different organisations and also i got my experience letter with great difficulties as they were reluctant to provide jobs and duties at first place. With new organisation in control , i have no idea whether i just continue with existing reference letter with a link or shall i ask for new reference letter.
Then it’s fine I understand the pain... just prepare an LoE and mention the acquisition details and tell them it will not be possible for you to approach the ex employer.... you will be fine

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is no problem there. I had he same thing (employer was acquired and some of my documents were still using their old name).
I did following:
1. Added the story to my LOE
2. Added official letter where the employer is informing their customers about this change (alternatively other information can be used).
3. And kept all the other documents as they were.
I had no problems at all.

Reactions: Rockstar09

Mandeep021

Jul 22, 2018
there is no problem there. I had he same thing (employer was acquired and some of my documents were still using their old name).
I did following:
2. Added official letter where the employer is informing their customers about this change (alternatively other information can be used).
i am worried about how they will verify from there end about my experience as there can be a change in mail id's which my company mentioned on employment letter. Any thoughts on this can also be a case ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
i am worried about how they will verify from there end about my experience as there can be a change in mail id's which my company mentioned on employment letter. Any thoughts on this can also be a case ?
First stop worrying, relax and think rationally...
In your case you have the reference letter and pay slips to prove your employment.

Proactively you are including an additional piece of information for iRCC that you previous employer has been acquired. You are giving them all the relevant information. The link which you will provide have all the information relevant to inform the case officer/analyst about the sequence of events

So stop worrying pra

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
I did following:
Hi vensak, I quit my job in February 2018 and got the experience letter on the last day of the job. Can I still use that or would i need to request a new one from the HR? Please help.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi vensak, I quit my job in February 2018 and got the experience letter on the last day of the job. Can I still use that or would i need to request a new one from the HR? Please help.
I see no problem using it. If there is already your leaving date on it, then it is fully OK. If not just add additional proof when you have left the company that's all.

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
I see no problem using it. If there is already your leaving date on it, then it is fully OK. If not just add additional proof when you have left the company that's all.
Thank you for confirming. The letter has all these information
1. My full name
2. Joining Date, Last Date
3. Title, Salary Information
4. Supervisor information with contact
6. List of duties performed

It doesn't mention "BENEFITS" anywhere. Do I need to get another letter with benefits mentioned? If yes, How detailed should the benefits be? My employer is from US and if all the benefits have to be mentioned in detail, it can run upto 10-15 pages. Please help.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for confirming. The letter has all these information
1. My full name
2. Joining Date, Last Date
3. Title, Salary Information
4. Supervisor information with contact
6. List of duties performed

It doesn't mention "BENEFITS" anywhere. Do I need to get another letter with benefits mentioned? If yes, How detailed should the benefits be? My employer is from US and if all the benefits have to be mentioned in detail, it can run upto 10-15 pages. Please help.
ok your letter is missing amount of hours per week and per year (for example 35 or 40 per week). However CIC does not care about your other benefits (unless your salary is really low and your benefits really high for your type of job).

Reactions: Rockstar09

Rockstar09

Feb 15, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2019
AOR Received.
27-06-2019
ok your letter is missing amount of hours per week and per year (for example 35 or 40 per week). However CIC does not care about your other benefits (unless your salary is really low and your benefits really high for your type of job).
Thank you so much for confirming that. I am working to get a new letter from my previous employers with hours mentioned. How close should my job responsibilities match with the NOC Code?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for confirming that. I am working to get a new letter from my previous employers with hours mentioned. How close should my job responsibilities match with the NOC Code?
There should be app. 70% match. Wording does not matter as long as it means the same thing (actually it is better to have differently looking words and sentences). Attention, what is important is to have duties that do differentiate you from other similar NOCs (usually they are listed at the end of NOC catalogue page).

Mar 9, 2021
I am running into the same issue but in a different scenario. my previous employer is partially acquired by another employer as a subsidiary before I joining there.

After my resignation now the company is fully acquired and the previous employer's company name, letterhead, and logo everything was changed now I requested the new employer for my reference letter but they are not ready to give me a reference letter since I am an ex-employee of their subsidiary company.

But I have a previous employer
  • Offer Letter
  • Job Confirmation Letter
  • Increment Letter
  • Experience Letter
  • Payslips
details I am missing on all these documents are Work-Hours, Roles & Responsibilities, and Reporting Manager apart from this most of the other details I have

NOTE : In all documents, the Previous employer name is mentioned along with the acquired company name e.x: ABC SYSTEMS An TATA company.

KIndly someone please advise me

Tisha11

Jul 7, 2023
Is anyone here to gain a Syntel Limited Experience letter with a detailed roles and responsibility format? The company got acquired by ATOS now, I don't have email id where to reach. Please help if someone have gone through stage.