Passport Req..
Already submitted along with the file
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
Hi gettguys,

So I have arrived n i'd like to share my experience:

On the plane to Canada, the crew gives you a customs form. I took it and filled it ( I didn't know how to answer one of the questions so I left it...it was asking if I am arriving via us or directly or something else...all of them did not apply to me)

We arrived at Toronto Pearson, you can find signs which direct you.. keep following the signs and you will get to the first officer. She asked me for the customs form and passport.. she marked on it and gave it to me. I went to immigration office, then i had to wait because it is kinda busy.. the officer called me so I went and he asked for my passport. I gave it to him and I said it is my first time to study here. So he asked for the acceptance letter. He asked for my addresss I gave him my room confirmation letter which has my address on campus.

Now I want to tell you guys that I changed universities after getting visa and deferred a semester
too.

Back to the story, he saw on the system that I was supposed to go to another university. He asked me if I had applied to that university. I said yes and I changed it and deferred a semester after I got visa.He said it was ok. He asked a few other questions and I got the study permit and went out.

In conclusion, you can change universities after you get visa.

The only problem I had is my name on the study permit... he typed my last name , (first name ) (middle name) then he typed only 3 letters of my other middle name ( I don't think that is initial of course!). ( I have two middle names on my passport and visa)

I think he did not complete it because threre was no space to type my other middle name fully.
Did any of you who have the same problem?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
:)

Great... Thanks for Sharing Your Experience.

It will help Many Students Asking Here Everyday about Change of University after Visa.

sumera.k

Sep 29, 2013
SSHanna said:
Hi gettguys,

On the plane to Canada, the crew gives you a customs form. I took it and filled it ( I didn't know how to answer one of the questions so I left it...it waa asking if I am arriving via us or directly or something else...all of them didi not apply to me)

We arrived at Toronto Pearson, you can find signs which direct you.. keep following the signs and you will get to the first officer. She asked me for the customs form and passport.. she marked on it and gave it to me. I went to immigration office, then i had to wait because it is kinda busy.. the officer called me so I went and he asked for my passport. I gave it to him and I said it is my first time to study here. So he asked for the acceptance letter. He asked for my addresss I gave him my room confirmation letter which has my address on campus.

Now I want to tell you guys that I changed universities after getting visa and deferred a semester
too.

Back to the story, he saw on the system that I was supposed to go to another university. He asked me if I had applied to that university. I said yes and I changed it and deferred a semester after I got visa.He said it was ok. He asked a few other questions and I got the study permit and went out.

The only problem I had is my name on the study permit... he typed my last name , (first name ) (middle name) then he typed only 3 letters of my other middle name ( I don't think that is initial of course!). ( I have two middle names on my passport and visa)

I think he did not complete it because threre was no space to type my other middle name fully.
Hey ur post was very informative thank u! Can u pls tell me what are the other questions they asked before giving u the SP? N also since ur just going uni to uni ur safe... but I actually was to attend a college PG diploma in Toronto which I deferred to may but am now going to a normal post secondary diploma in Calgary. Which loa should I show? As in show new Calgary one or show old jan Toronto one and then shift to Calgary one? Mincing words there is risky I know n I don't want to do that.... But do u think they could reject as I'm studying a lower level course after getting visa on basis of pg course? Help will be appreciated. Thanks

cheetaguy

Aug 5, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the expiry date on your study permit issued at POE? Is it same as on trv and loi or is it different from them? Actually, I got visa in September 2013 and could not go as I was late and classes had already started. So, i deffered my admission to Summer 2014. My existing trv and loi are valid till August, 2014. Now can I enter Canada on my existing visa before it expires or do I need to re-apply for a new trv and loi? I intend to enter Canada in May/June 2014. Please help and oblige. thanks

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SSHanna said:
Technically you get your visa (or rather, study permit) at POE. What you have before that is simply an approval from CIC/CHC but that doesn't mean you will be issued a permit at POE. You could still be turned away. It happens, although rarely.

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
itstime said:
Technically you get your visa (or rather, study permit) at POE. What you have before that is simply an approval from CIC/CHC but that doesn't mean you will be issued a permit at POE. You could still be turned away. It happens, although rarely.
Exactly! Study Permit issues at POE and from our home country we get TRV that is required to travel to Canada and to maintain our legal status within Canada, we need that Study Permit at POE.

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Pre-Medical Done for wife
SSHanna said:
Hi gettguys,

On the plane to Canada, the crew gives you a customs form. I took it and filled it ( I didn't know how to answer one of the questions so I left it...it was asking if I am arriving via us or directly or something else...all of them did not apply to me)

too.

I m going to edmonton on 11 jan n will reach dere on 12 jan...i hv got 2 letters from my university one is offer letter and other is letter of acceptance ..both the documents I had attached in.my application
no the problem.is that on.my letter of acceptance its expiry date is mentioned10 jan but on my offer letter no expiry date is mentioned...anybody pls tel me wt can i.d

sumera.k

Sep 29, 2013
Everybody here is referring to university level switches. Can someone pls tell me if I can switch from pg diploma to normal post secondary diploma before coming to Canada by showing new diploma LoA at POE and if that won't cause problems?