+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My pgwp got refuse due not being full time a couple terms

Spawn517

Sep 20, 2021
So I graduated from nanotechnology engineer diploma this year april 2021 from a designated institution in alberta, I already have a mechatronic engineering bachelor from my home country and I also graduated from uofa from management development, after graduating I jumped directly into nanotechnology (a mistake) and I experienced burn out in the middle of my degree, my brain couldnt memorize that well, so I lowered my course load, and that's why I got a letter stating that I didn't study full time in some terms. My mistake was to not send an explanation letter with my application so now I have to restore my status and apply for the pgwp. Do i have to apply for restoration of status? And then for the pgwp again? Or I can call ircc to ask for a reconsideration? Any advices?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
So I graduated from nanotechnology engineer diploma this year april 2021 from a designated institution in alberta, I already have a mechatronic engineering bachelor from my home country and I also graduated from uofa from management development, after graduating I jumped directly into nanotechnology (a mistake) and I experienced burn out in the middle of my degree, my brain couldnt memorize that well, so I lowered my course load, and that's why I got a letter stating that I didn't study full time in some terms. My mistake was to not send an explanation letter with my application so now I have to restore my status and apply for the pgwp. Do i have to apply for restoration of status? And then for the pgwp again? Or I can call ircc to ask for a reconsideration? Any advices?
Hi, a requirement for the pgwp is that you are full time in all terms during your studies (except for the last one which can be part time if youre almost done)-- unless there is a crazy unavoidable circumstance that prevented you from doing so (burn out is not enough, as everyone goes through that).

At this point, it does *not* sound like you are eligible for a pgwp and i doubt an explanation letter would have changed anything.

see the full requirements here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/eligibility.html

At this point, i would suggest applying and getting admission to a new program, restoring your student status somehow and finish a new program (full time status on every term) so that you can qualify for pgwp on that new one.

hzhz2626

Sep 13, 2021
Hi,

I got refusal as well due to my part time studies. I submitted my web form with my explanation letters and medical records on Sep.29th 2021. Just would like to know the processing time, did you apply the web form and got any reply yet?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I got refusal as well due to my part time studies. I submitted my web form with my explanation letters and medical records on Sep.29th 2021. Just would like to know the processing time, did you apply the web form and got any reply yet?
So you were part-time and not eligible for PGWP. I assume you provided a letter from the school on why you were part time and not full time. In asking for reconsideration there are no processing times and would not be considered a priority. IRCC lists priorities for webforms and the number one priority is Afghanistan.

hzhz2626

Sep 13, 2021
Hi,

yeah, I got supporting letters from my school department and also medical records from hospital to indicate my mental health issues. I also attached my explanation letter when I submitted my web form. But if the officer not consider this as priority, I am afraid that he/she would not look at it at all. So I’m considering to reapply it.

hzhz2626

Sep 13, 2021
So you were part-time and not eligible for PGWP. I assume you provided a letter from the school on why you were part time and not full time. In asking for reconsideration there are no processing times and would not be considered a priority. IRCC lists priorities for webforms and the number one priority is Afghanistan.
i knew my case would not be satisfied with PGWP, but I had to apply it and I did have certain reasons. But not sure will officer accept it or not.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
i knew my case would not be satisfied with PGWP, but I had to apply it and I did have certain reasons. But not sure will officer accept it or not.
Even if you have reason, you were still part time and do not meet the requirements for pgwp. So if you reapply, you'll get the exact same result.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But you have applied for reconsideration, correct? All you can do is wait. In the meantime, you may want to consider applying for another program where you will be full time and apply for another study permit.

piegoogle

Star Member
Oct 9, 2021
But you have applied for reconsideration, correct? All you can do is wait. In the meantime, you may want to consider applying for another program where you will be full time and apply for another study permit.
If we are rejected, can our employers help in anyway? I know LMIA is a way, but is there any other way?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If we are rejected, can our employers help in anyway? I know LMIA is a way, but is there any other way?
LMIA is the way for your employer to help.

ashleee

Oct 7, 2020
Hey Spawn517, I also had some part time semesters with my PGWP application. Did you end up getting an approval on your PGWP at the end? I am so worried

Reactions: Spawn517

Spawn517

Sep 20, 2021
Hello , in the end I got my pgwp, so my mistake was that when I was about to finish my degree at the ufoa I enrolled in some courses at nait to see how was the program, so what happened is that I was studying in two universities at the same time for a couple semesters, so I grabbed both transcripts and started checking each semester to see if I took some semesters par time but it turns out the sum of the courses was full time. I applied for mi pgwp using my last transcripts and I didn't Include the one from the uofa, so I made another application with both transcripts and an explanation letter, detailing the course load I was taking on each semester! So I don't recommend doing what I did hahahahaha very messy! Buy I got my pgwp in the end after 4 months of waiting.