+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PGWP expire June 04, 2022

Bar1996

Jan 21, 2022
You opinions will help me .
My PGWP expire soon, Jun 04, based on minister speech the pgwp exp from jan to dec 2022 will have extension for 18 months, do I have to quit job after jun 04, leave Canada?, iam holding visitor visa till 2025, my account in EE under CEC with 553 points…please advise me

Bar1996

Jan 21, 2022
Mostly are advising to apply for BOWP, in this case we don't need to stop work or visitor record but work have to be stopped

AMP20

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Hey, I think most people are applying for PWGP extension because you can continue to work on implied status. This application will be rejected eventually but the current processing time is 5-6 months.

Gotkwangu

Sep 7, 2021
Hey, I think most people are applying for PWGP extension because you can continue to work on implied status. This application will be rejected eventually but the current processing time is 5-6 months.
I did this in the beginning of the year. Mine just got rejected. Now I don't know what else to do.

AMP20

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
I did this in the beginning of the year. Mine just got rejected. Now I don't know what else to do.
I see! Just make sure you maintain status, any status visitor or work.
Can you share when you applied for extension and when you received rejection? Like the dates please.

Gotkwangu

Sep 7, 2021
I applied on the 20th of Jan and received a reply June 20th. It took sometime so if you have applied, you should be able to work for awhile before you can hear back.

Reactions: AMP20

proceso

May 1, 2020
I applied on the 20th of Jan and received a reply June 20th. It took sometime so if you have applied, you should be able to work for awhile before you can hear back.
Interesting, so it took them 6 months to reject it.

Hello Gotkwangu, may I know what did you mention when you requst for the extension ? did you mention you received the ITA (eventhough you didn't) ?

Gotkwangu

Sep 7, 2021
Interesting, so it took them 6 months to reject it.

Hello Gotkwangu, may I know what did you mention when you requst for the extension ? did you mention you received the ITA (eventhough you didn't) ?
I didn't apply for the bridging work permit. I applied for open work permit extention. The part where they as you if you have a job offer letter, they will be refering to LMIA but you just click yes and then you can submit a documentation from your employer to act as an offer letter.

Regardless this will still be refused.

• Wow
Reactions: proceso

proceso

May 1, 2020
I didn't apply for the bridging work permit. I applied for open work permit extention. The part where they as you if you have a job offer letter, they will be refering to LMIA but you just click yes and then you can submit a documentation from your employer to act as an offer letter.

Regardless this will still be refused.
I don't like the last sentense :3