+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PGWP and visa expiring soon - currently outside Canada

kaggarwa

Dec 30, 2020
My CEC inland application is in process and my PGWP and visa are expiring in 11 days.
Can I fly back from India on my current visa and status tomorrow? And tell both Indian and Canadian immigration officers that I will be applying for an extension of my work permit immediately after landing.

I had to fly back to India 15 days ago and was planning on staying until I get my PR but it turns out I cannot get PR if I am outside Canada. I've messed up bad and now looking for possible resolutions

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can come back tomorrow. Do you have a job offer to enter? You have only been outside of Canada for 15 days but you may need to show that you normally live in Canada. So show documents that you do like your rental, utilities etc. Also you need a 14 day quarantine plan.

kaggarwa

Dec 30, 2020
You can come back tomorrow. Do you have a job offer to enter? You have only been outside of Canada for 15 days but you may need to show that you normally live in Canada. So show documents that you do like your rental, utilities etc. Also you need a 14 day quarantine plan.
I have a letter from my employer saying that I've been working full time since March 2020 and I travelled to India in Jan 2021 for personal reasons.
I might not be able to find my rental agreement and my landlord pays the utility bill. What other documents can I show? Credit card statement? Bank statement?
I am booking airbnb as my quarantine plan

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a letter from my employer saying that I've been working full time since March 2020 and I travelled to India in Jan 2021 for personal reasons.
I might not be able to find my rental agreement and my landlord pays the utility bill. What other documents can I show? Credit card statement? Bank statement?
I am booking airbnb as my quarantine plan
If you have a job offer and quarantine plan you should be fine. Have proof of your airbnb booking.