+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My permit is expiring soon

zahraswad92

May 31, 2019
Hi All,
I am on a PGWP now and currently working in canada. My permit will expire by the end of june,as I am in the pool now, my score is 465 and im waiting for an invitation soon ( hopefully) !! My husband is a Canadian citizen. I want to keep my status and I don't want to leave the country and lose my job, so I don't know what to do now, should I withdraw my express entry application and start a sponsorship one ? or should i keep my profile in the express entry and start the sponsorship application at the same time ? please help, thanks.

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,
I am on a PGWP now and currently working in canada. My permit will expire by the end of june,as I am in the pool now, my score is 465 and im waiting for an invitation soon ( hopefully) !! My husband is a Canadian citizen. I want to keep my status and I don't want to leave the country and lose my job, so I don't know what to do now, should I withdraw my express entry application and start a sponsorship one ? or should i keep my profile in the express entry and start the sponsorship application at the same time ? please help, thanks.
1. You have a very good score, this last draw was an anomaly, I would expect you to get an ITA in the next round. If you have all your documents ready you would be able to submit your eAPR, get your AOR, and apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit before your work permit expires.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

2. You do not have to withdraw an EE application if you want to also apply under family class. You are permitted to have applications from different programs in process at the same time.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

As long as you get the work permit application submitted (and received by IRCC) following eitherprocess, then you will be on implied status and can continue to work.

zahraswad92

May 31, 2019
Thank you for your reply jes, Yes i have everything ready :( i am just trying to find another way in case i wasn't invited the next round. thank so much :)