+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My passport guarantor is an idiot...

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Hi everyone... I thought my constant worrying was over after the ceremony... Not really lol :)

Okay, long story short, I asked one of my bosses to be my guarantor (he has known both me and my spouse for 3+ years).

He gladly agreed to fill out the section. I don't know why he would panic on the phone, considering he has done it many times for other people but when Passport Canada office called him, he said he made a few mistakes.

We all know that they ask questions that most of us are not prepared to answer right off the bat... He more or less :) answered most of her questions (so he says), but he made a very crucial mistake where he signed the form on the 24th, but (I don't know why), he told her he signed both pictures and the form on the 25th. She asked him a few times are you sure? He said yes, absolutely... That was obviously a mistake on his part, there was no malice involved, but he says he thought he signed it on the 25th so he decided to insist that he signed it on the 25th... Not a very smart move, the situation did not require any of this but this is what happened (out of my control unfortunately)....

Anyways, it is what it is now, to err is human, but my question to the seniors is, is that a potential problem?

I am scheduled to leave for my trip in less than 2 weeks and I am now worried that they might ask me to reapply because of him...

Thanks...

Last edited:

Fiore2017

Oct 31, 2017
Iùù
Hi everyone... I thought my constant worrying was over after the ceremony... Not really lol :)

Okay, long story short, I asked one of my bosses to be my guarantor (he has known both me and my spouse for 3+ years).

He gladly agreed to fill out the section. I don't know why he would panic on the phone, considering he has done it many times for other people but when Passport Canada office called him, he said he made a few mistakes.

We all know that they ask questions that most of us are not prepared to answer right off the bat... He more or less :) answered most of her questions (so he says), but he made a very crucial mistake where he signed the form on the 24th, but (I don't know why), he told her he signed both pictures and the form on the 25th. She asked him a few times are you sure? He said yes, absolutely... That was obviously a mistake on his part, there was no malice involved, but he says he thought he signed it on the 25th so he decided to insist that he signed it on the 25th... Not a very smart move, the situation did not require any of this but this is what happened (out of my control unfortunately)....

Anyways, it is what it is now, to err is human, but my question to the seniors is, is that a potential problem?

I am scheduled to leave for my trip in less than 2 weeks and I am now worried that they might ask me to reapply because of him...

Thanks...[/QUOTE
I think that is not a big issue. In the worst case, they will ask you a new passport Garante. Anyway, you can contact the office and ask if there is an issue with your application if they say yes and if the grant is available go to the office with him to clarify the situation.

Reactions: ukulele

Krutika

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Indeed he's an idiot .. he should have known the importance of this, and the responsibility that comes with agreeing to be a guarantor .. my suggestion is to go over to his office and give him a good kick in the ass .. ;)

Supercanadian

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2017
Nomination.....
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Pre-arrival e-mail: 28-05-2018
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Med's Done....
Done 16-07-2018. Passed 18-07-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Off course he got his passport. Otherwise he would hear the cry out loud from every corner of Canada. Hi got the passport then this forum became useless for him.

I don;t get the logic why you are calling your guarantor an idiot. He is a canadian citizen helping you out for free . If you ever commit serious crime, his name would always appear as your guarantor. Yes, nothing would happen to him but still his name would appear on background check. If you can't respect someone who is helping you then at least don't disrespect him in public. Thats why most of the canadian hate immigrant because we always act to gain some benefits from others.
"Off course he got his passport..." - You don't really know that. Maybe they did. Maybe they did not. You don't know. No one he/she has not told knows for sure.

"Off course he got his passport...got the passport then this forum became useless for him..." - The OP is most likely (from their previous posts) a woman, actually. Probably better to be sure before jumping to conclusions. This is minor but only pointing it out because of your other post from earlier today on a different thread.

"Off course he got his passport. Otherwise he would hear the cry out loud from every corner of Canada. Hi got the passport then this forum became useless for him." - Again, the rush to judge and condemn. See the post below from the OP's post after becoming a citizen. There's clearly an intent to contribute to this forum and help others. People can have sudden, unexpected life changes or become very busy with stuff. Plus there was a place they talked about leaving for a trip in about two weeks. Maybe they're yet to return or don't have access to the Internet or...anything. Not fair to hastily paint everyone with the same brush.

"April 20 from now on will always be a memorable day for my family.
My spouse and I FINALLY (after many years of this journey) became PROUD CANADIAN CITIZENS today.

We attended a Citizenship Ceremony today in Mississauga. The organization and the Ceremony itself were spectacular. I even cried a little bit.

Start to finish it took 6 months and 4 days for our citizenship application (very lucky indeed!).

For those of you who are still waiting, be patient, the day of your Ceremony is not that far away.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your help!!!

I will definitely stay here to help others
..." - OP's post on April 21 2018.

"Thats why most of the canadian hate immigrant..." This is a fallacy. Most Canadians don't hate immigrants. Stick to the facts.

"...because we always act to gain some benefits from others." - Speak for yourself.

General comment: OP was clearly not on their best behaviour in describing the boss who helped them out as an idiot on a public forum. However, OP was also probably not in the best state of mind considering how important this was to them. It's likely that no one would get hurt anyway given the limited amount of personal identifying information. Let it go.

AK171

Apr 6, 2017
Victoria
App. Filed.......
07-09-2018
an

Thanks...
I am almost in similar situation :p what is next ?