+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my parents became PR on 21st sept in canada itself and 3rd october they had to leave to India for emergency purpose. so they dont have PR card (They h

battaa

Mar 11, 2015
my parents became PR on 21st sept in canada itself and 3rd october they had to leave to India for emergency purpose. so they dont have PR card (They have COPR)to return back to canada but their Multiple entry is still valid untill march....can they still travel back on that visa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my parents became PR on 21st sept in canada itself and 3rd october they had to leave to India for emergency purpose. so they dont have PR card (They have COPR)to return back to canada but their Multiple entry is still valid untill march....can they still travel back on that visa
No. Their multiple-entry visas have most likely been canceled since they are now PRs. They need to apply for PR Travel Documents to return or they need to wait for their PR cards to be available.

Reactions: mashulia_26

battaa

Mar 11, 2015
No. Their multiple-entry visas have most likely been canceled since they are now PRs. They need to apply for PR Travel Documents to return or they need to wait for their PR cards to be available.
and if the visa are not crossed I still understand it can be cancelled at the back end but n the COPR letter or a seprate letter which they it should have mesntioned that all old travel document related to canada demmed as cancelles or something like that therefor i think its still valid

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
and if the visa are not crossed I still understand it can be cancelled at the back end but n the COPR letter or a seprate letter which they it should have mesntioned that all old travel document related to canada demmed as cancelles or something like that therefor i think its still valid
You're mistaken. IRCC does not issue a letter to state the visa has been canceled. They simple cancel the visa in their system. It's quite clear on the IRCC web site that permanent residents require a valid PR card or PRTD to travel. Anyway, as said before, entirely your call. Buy a refundable flight in case they are refused boarding.

battaa

Mar 11, 2015
You're mistaken. IRCC does not issue a letter to state the visa has been canceled. They simple cancel the visa in their system. It's quite clear on the IRCC web site that permanent residents require a valid PR card or PRTD to travel. Anyway, as said before, entirely your call. Buy a refundable flight in case they are refused boarding.
You are right....but since In a usual case they cancel the documents and tell you verbally that old travel documents has been cancelled.....which they couldn't do in virtual landing process .....but we were not notified about that.....I am little worried because it's taking almost 2 months to get PRTD in India right now....so if they can travel back on visa it will be great

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You are right....but since In a usual case they cancel the documents and tell you verbally that old travel documents has been cancelled.....which they couldn't do in virtual landing process .....but we were not notified about that.....I am little worried because it's taking almost 2 months to get PRTD in India right now....so if they can travel back on visa it will be great
This isn't an unusual case. It's not at all unusual for IRCC to cancel a temporary visa after PR. This is perfectly normal and they often don't cross out the visa even if the landing is in person (but the visa still gets canceled). This happens routinely as part of their normal processes. I understand you think your parents should have notified however this is unfortunately not how it works. Your parents can certainly try flying now and hope their visas haven't yet been canceled. But again, buy refundable tickets (or tickets that can be rescheduled) in case they are refused boarding.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Nobody will tell you straight that the visas are cancelled but since they tell you that PR card or PRTD is necessary to enter Canada when you're a PR.....this means you can't use any other visas to enter or in other words all visas/work permits/study permits are not valid to enter the country.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
When they landed they gave an address for their PR cards to be sent to, presumably a relative? When the PR cards arrive you can get the cards couriered to them then no need to apply for a PRTD. Probably even faster than a PRTD right now. Our cards came in 6 weeks after landing in April.

sonu thind

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Nobody will tell you straight that the visas are cancelled but since they tell you that PR card or PRTD is necessary to enter Canada when you're a PR.....this means you can't use any other visas to enter or in other words all visas/work permits/study permits are not valid to enter the country.
Question: I know we cannot enter canada after PR without PR card or PRTD. Can we leave canada, I am waiting for COPR and will get soon probably this month, I have Extended OWP expiring in August 2021 but on passport there is no stamp for current permit. Can I still leave canada without pr card after getting COPR. Thanks for help...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Question: I know we cannot enter canada after PR without PR card or PRTD. Can we leave canada, I am waiting for COPR and will get soon probably this month, I have Extended OWP expiring in August 2021 but on passport there is no stamp for current permit. Can I still leave canada without pr card after getting COPR. Thanks for help...
Yes, you can leave Canada.

Reactions: sonu thind

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When they landed they gave an address for their PR cards to be sent to, presumably a relative? When the PR cards arrive you can get the cards couriered to them then no need to apply for a PRTD. Probably even faster than a PRTD right now. Our cards came in 6 weeks after landing in April.
Wait times have increased for PR cards but sendinf them their PR cards is a good option.