Med's Request
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
18-07-2014
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
So I am PR here and since I had my first kid recently I was thinking to invite my Mom and my sister to visit me from India. I will take care of all their expenses. My Mom doesn't work but she receives pension and maintain our assets there. My sister is graduated and is looking for jobs. Both of them haven't traveled outside the country in the last 10 years.

Have few questions,
1) Can my mother create one online account to fill up her application and under the same login attach another application for my sister ?

2) Since my sister is not working or studying back home will that be a issue for her being rejected ? If so how can show that she will return back home after trip?

3) Is there any difference in success rate between online and paper application when applying from india ?

4) If you have any similar experiences can you share ?

Thanks
Raj

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your mother has a significantly better chance that your sister. They should apply separately. TRVs depend on the assets of the person travelling not the person in Canada. How much liquid savings does your mother have? Does she have to return in person to collect her pension? If so, that is something I would mention. Her husband can submit a letter agreeing to sponsor her financially if he is the one with the savings and/or poperty.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
So I am PR here and since I had my first kid recently I was thinking to invite my Mom and my sister to visit me from India. I will take care of all their expenses. My Mom doesn't work but she receives pension and maintain our assets there. My sister is graduated and is looking for jobs. Both of them haven't traveled outside the country in the last 10 years.

Have few questions,
1) Can my mother create one online account to fill up her application and under the same login attach another application for my sister ?

2) Since my sister is not working or studying back home will that be a issue for her being rejected ? If so how can show that she will return back home after trip?

3) Is there any difference in success rate between online and paper application when applying from india ?

4) If you have any similar experiences can you share ?

Thanks
Raj
Hi Raj as for your question #2 this is a question you should be able to tell as you know the truth. If she is not studying and not working, what are the reasons she NEEDS to go back? You know her situation better than us. If the answer is really there is not much holding her in India and it would be easy for her to overstay in Canada then yes she could face an issue getting rejected.

As for #3 Im not sure theres stats on that, in an ideal world the application should be judged on its own merits regardless if its paper or online. So I would do whats easier for you.

Acestar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2013
AOR Received.
12-2-2014
Med's Request
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
18-07-2014
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2014
Thanks guys for the reply. I was planning to show bank account for both my mom and sister separately. But i would be sponsoring and taking care of all their expenses here.

When you guys mentioned about doing it separate. Wouldn't it be good to do together as coming to visit me and my baby son. As that is obvious they leave Canada together afterwards. If not yo uguys suggest to do separate login for both of them ?

@Jets13 My sister doesnt have any interest in staying here after the trip but dont know how to prove it. She is looking for a job in India and is not studying. So not sure how to prove it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks guys for the reply. I was planning to show bank account for both my mom and sister separately. But i would be sponsoring and taking care of all their expenses here.

When you guys mentioned about doing it separate. Wouldn't it be good to do together as coming to visit me and my baby son. As that is obvious they leave Canada together afterwards. If not yo uguys suggest to do separate login for both of them ?

@Jets13 My sister doesnt have any interest in staying here after the trip but dont know how to prove it. She is looking for a job in India and is not studying. So not sure how to prove it.
Your sister is an adult so should apply separately. As I previously mentioned your mother has a much stronger chance of being approved. They must show they can each pay for their travel costs. Not obvious that they will stay the same amount of time. Your mother is retired while your sister is not.