Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Stories like you are giving me confidence for job hunting in Canada.
Thanks for your story.

Do let us know how are the housing rentals in Alberta ?

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
If I understand this well, it is hard to find a job in finance/accounting area without CMA or CGA or CA certificate.

How long does it take to finish one of this courses and do I need to start learning from the begining or from second stage of this course, considering that I have foreign diploma which covers one part of those courses mentioned above and a lot of work experience? I hope that it is possible to enrol those courses online.

xenos

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you for the inspirational post loveucanada.
do you think it was easier for you to break into the market because of your american experience? have you come across anyone from india/middle east who has got a job in your line (even entry level?)

thanx

limo

Jul 4, 2011
Hi Everyone,

My name is Marcelo and I've been in Ontario for almost 8 months now. I am also a CPA in the Phils. I arrived on October 2010 and I got my first job last February. But, I was forced to accept a job that was not related to accounting. I ended up working as a data encoder because for almost two month of job hunting, I found it very hard to get an interview for any accounting position.

Anyways, when I saw these postings, I thought of two things. First, I might be able to share some importants things to you, especially those who are just coming and I thought that I might also get some help on what's the best field to take whether CMA or CGA. I have decided to go back to study because I find it hard to land a good job without any designation and I learned that Bank of Montreal is offering a student loan.

Right now, I am working as an accountant in a small office earning minimum salary. I had this job on a par time basis while I was working as a data encoder on a night shift.

While reading your conversation, I somehow realized why I should take CGA instead of CMA which I planned to pursue before. In the Phils. I had my own bookkeeping office and I was also employed as an accountant.

8)