+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My mum Super visa application refused.

Papidolan

Mar 5, 2020
I am a citizen of Canada and my wife is a permanent resident. I already have a 3 year old kid who was born in Canada and we are expecting our second child. My younger sister and father are both citizens of Canada as well. My mum currently lives in Nigeria.

14th of February this year, I submitted supervisa application for my mum. In my best knowledge I have given them enough reasons that my mum will return to Nigeria after her stay. I submitted proof of land ownership, employment letter and letter of leave approval from her work. I do not know any better ties than these.

Yesterday I got a letter of refusal from Nairobi, Kenya that her application was refused on the bases that she has more ties in Canada than in Nigeria and she has no travel history. This sounds like a stupid excuse to me because the major ties I know are proof of land ownership, letter of employment and letter of leave approval from work.

I am thinking of sending the Nairobi office a letter of reconsideration request. However, I am not sure of how else to prove that my mum will return to Nigeria after her stay.

Please help. I really need her arround doing the birth of my 2nd child.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a citizen of Canada and my wife is a permanent resident. I already have a 3 year old kid who was born in Canada and we are expecting our second child. My younger sister and father are both citizens of Canada as well. My mum currently lives in Nigeria.

14th of February this year, I submitted supervisa application for my mum. In my best knowledge I have given them enough reasons that my mum will return to Nigeria after her stay. I submitted proof of land ownership, employment letter and letter of leave approval from her work. I do not know any better ties than these.

Yesterday I got a letter of refusal from Nairobi, Kenya that her application was refused on the bases that she has more ties in Canada than in Nigeria and she has no travel history. This sounds like a stupid excuse to me because the major ties I know are proof of land ownership, letter of employment and letter of leave approval from work.

I am thinking of sending the Nairobi office a letter of reconsideration request. However, I am not sure of how else to prove that my mum will return to Nigeria after her stay.

The fact that most of your family is in Canada means that your mother is at a huge risk of overstaying. How did all your family members receive citizenship?

Papidolan

Mar 5, 2020
The fact that most of your family is in Canada means that your mother is at a huge risk of overstaying. How did all your family members receive citizenship?
My Dad brought us all in 7 years ago through family sponsorship. We were landed immigrants and later applied for citizenship after 4 years of living in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My Dad brought us all in 7 years ago through family sponsorship. We were landed immigrants and later applied for citizenship after 4 years of living in Canada.
The fact that your whole family is in Canada is the big issue. You can order the GCMS notes to see in more detail the reason for refusal. Assume your parents are divorced.

Papidolan

Mar 5, 2020
The fact that your whole family is in Canada is the big issue. You can order the GCMS notes to see in more detail the reason for refusal. Assume your parents are divorced.
My parents were never married. My Dad is legally married to another woman.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016

Did you meet all other requirements? Like income for family of 4?

Also I would disagree with you, family is a much bigger tie than land, employment and letter of leave.