+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Mother's Visitor Visa Got Rejected - Please Help

rackyy55

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My mother's Canada Visitor Visa has been rejected with the following reasons by Immigration VO officer. I applied visa for her visit duration for 3 months.

=============================
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

travel history
Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
Personal assets and financial status
We provided affidavit from Notary to show her financial status. She is Legal Hire of house in India 50,000,00 INR, she is also receiving family pension every month over 6,000 INR and we shown 80,000 INR in her Bank Account.

We show 5000 CAD in my account and 15000 CAD in RRSP account.

I heard that Visa for parent is easy. Is the refusal because of that she is widower?

Could anyone advise what other documents to be submitted when we re-apply visa for her?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I doubt INR 80,000 (about C$1500) is enough to pay the plane ticket and expenses (for 3 months) in Canada. Perhaps ask for a shorter period such as 1 week.

regina_123

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
24-12-2015
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-20016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
Apply for Super Visa...higher success rate....

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
steaky said:
I doubt INR 80,000 (about C$1500) is enough to pay the plane ticket and expenses (for 3 months) in Canada. Perhaps ask for a shorter period such as 1 week.
as many people on here have said asking for 3 months is likely too long try 3 weeks maybe

M

mikeymyke

rackyy55 said:
Hi,

My mother's Canada Visitor Visa has been rejected with the following reasons by Immigration VO officer. I applied visa for her visit duration for 3 months.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

travel history
Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
Personal assets and financial status
We provided affidavit from Notary to show her financial status. She is Legal Hire of house in India 50,000,00 INR, she is also receiving family pension every month over 6,000 INR and we shown 80,000 INR in her Bank Account.

We show 5000 CAD in my account and 15000 CAD in RRSP account.

I heard that Visa for parent is easy. Is the refusal because of that she is widower?

Could anyone advise what other documents to be submitted when we re-apply visa for her?
80,000INR is extremely low for a 3 month stay. Even then, you shouldn't be asking for that long of a stay, only ask for a couple weeks, then hope they'll give you a longer period of stay.

rackyy55

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for your responses.. Realy appreciate....I mentioned in the invitation letter that I will bear all the expanses including her insurance and travel during her stay. We deposited 70K money in her account just a few days back before application file.
Is this the reason?

What other document I can attach to her application in order to make her application strong?
Do I need to deposit more amount in her Bank account?

Suggest, if I can shorter her travel duration now and reapply visa again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We provided affidavit from Notary to show her financial status.
An affidavit will not work. You must submit actual evidence of her finances.... her bank statements, pension statements, etc

Does she have any FDs or mutual funds?

She is Legal Hire of house in India 50,000,00 INR,
I did not understand this..... does she own a property worth INR 50,00,000?
If yes, what documents did she submit to show proof of ownership + current market value, etc?

pension every month over 6,000 INR
What documents did you submit for pension?
Does she get any other retirement benefits?

we shown 80,000 INR in her Bank Account.
One of the refusal reasons was this money was deposited only for the TRV application..... it is not her own money.

Regardless of this, this amount is inadequate to fund her visit.... she must be able to prove her strong financial situation even though you will take care of all her expenses in reality

Is the refusal because of that she is widower?
Does she live with any other immediate family who are dependent on her financially or for her well-being?

What other ties can your mom show + any other reasons to prove that she will return to India?

Cheers

rackyy55

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
An affidavit will not work. You must submit actual evidence of her finances.... her bank statements, pension statements, etc

Does she have any FDs or mutual funds?

I did not understand this..... does she own a property worth INR 50,00,000?
If yes, what documents did she submit to show proof of ownership + current market value, etc?

What documents did you submit for pension?
Does she get any other retirement benefits?

One of the refusal reasons was this money was deposited only for the TRV application..... it is not her own money.

Regardless of this, this amount is inadequate to fund her visit.... she must be able to prove her strong financial situation even though you will take care of all her expenses in reality

Does she live with any other immediate family who are dependent on her financially or for her well-being?

What other ties can your mom show + any other reasons to prove that she will return to India?

Cheers
Thanks Bryanna,

She is home maker and she never worked. She is getting Family Pension.
We just submitted Notarized affidavit to show her properties and 4 months bank statements. She does't have FD or other liquid funds.

She is dependent on us. We mentioned in the application form and invitation letter to make arrangement for everything including travel expenses.

M

mikeymyke

rackyy55 said:
Thanks everyone for your responses.. Realy appreciate....I mentioned in the invitation letter that I will bear all the expanses including her insurance and travel during her stay. We deposited 70K money in her account just a few days back before application file.
Is this the reason?

What other document I can attach to her application in order to make her application strong?
Do I need to deposit more amount in her Bank account?

Suggest, if I can shorter her travel duration now and reapply visa again.
You shouldn't have deposited money into her account. That's probably why she got refused for financial reasons aside from having a low bank balance to begin with. All the money she shows to CIC should be her money only, not yours.

rackyy55

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How to re-apply visa for her and what additional information I should provide to support her application and satisfy for conditions on the basis of her Visa git rejected

travel history ??
Family ties in Canada and in country of residence ??
Personal assets and financial status ??

I am tensed now.

Any advise guys...

M

mikeymyke

rackyy55 said:
How to re-apply visa for her and what additional information I should provide to support her application and satisfy for conditions on the basis of her Visa git rejected

travel history ??
Family ties in Canada and in country of residence ??
Personal assets and financial status ??

I am tensed now.

Any advise guys...
Since you've already put money into her account when you shouldn't have, now you should wait 3 more months have passed so that it would appear the money you've deposited is hers, since you only need about 3 months bank statement history. Also you havnen't indicated how you addressed her travel history and family ties.

only apply super visa
Supervisa and regular visa have the same requirements. You still need to show family ties, travel history, assets, etc for a supervisa just like the regular visa, only difference is the host has to be the child of the applicant, and insurance is mandatory. If his mom is refused for the visitor visa, she'll likely be refused for the supervisa for the same reasons

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Does anyone know roughly how much CIC are looking for? My mother and her husband are cming for three weeks. They don't have much money(I don't know how much they have) but I don't know how much they need.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taddy said:
Does anyone know roughly how much CIC are looking for? My mother and her husband are cming for three weeks. They don't have much money(I don't know how much they have) but I don't know how much they need.
According to previous post of Bry, applicants need at least $1000 per week + airfares, so in your case $3000 + airfare!