+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Mother's Visitor Visa Got Rejected - Please Help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
steaky said:
According to previous post of Bry, applicants need at least $1000 per week + airfares, so in your case $3000 + airfare!
There's nothing official about that amount..... besides, no one would spend so much :)

An applicant must prove s/he has reasonable finances to pay for the visit (read: his/her itinerary).... the better the financial situation, the better the chances of getting TRV.... and (unofficially) it would convince the visa officer that someone is less likely to work illegally.

The visa officer may overlook a *weak* financial situation in some cases.... if other factors are strong

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
They don't have that much, I reckon. Return flights already bought and paid for. No expenses as they're staying with us. It's just a case of whether CIC will be satisfied with that.

shailbangre

Jan 13, 2014
Hi Friends,

My parents Visa's is also rejected due to same reasons. They have 250,000 IMR in bank accounts and around 800,000 INR FD. They have attached their own Property's papers. The property was purchased 1990s. It doesn't have current property price. Can someone tell, is it necessary to show current market price of the property or just property papers are sufficient? If yes the how to show current market price of the asset? Any sort of notarized documents of financial proof...etc... Please share your thoughts.... :) :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can someone tell, is it necessary to show current market price of the property or just property papers are sufficient?
Generally, a property purchased in the 1990s would most certainly have appreciated.

You would want to show a higher current market value for your parents' property.... this value is also more realistic as compared to the 1990s' purchase price.

You can either get a CA to do an assessment.... or you can do a self-assessment (indicative value) based on market rate for the area where your parents' property is located. Do submit supporting proofs for this market rate (property reports, portals, etc).

Any sort of notarized documents of financial proof
Notarization of documents will not work.... do submit bank statements, proofs of investments, etc

rackyy55

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone...

We applied TVR on same day for my father-in-law. His application is still under review. It's almost 1.5 weeks now, but no updates.

I am planning to re-apply visa for my Mom. I will include assessment from CA, but do I need to enclose property documents with this. The property documents are not in english.

Is there any way to justly cash deposited to her account? like produce an affidavit stating that the money was given to make her personal arrangements before her travel.

Enclosing confirmed ticket with the application will make visa officer happy or itinerary will be fine?

Are the visa rejection chances high for single parents? My Mon & My Father in-law, both are single parent.

HarkiranKaur

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Jan
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
25 Feb
File Transfer...
21 Mar
Med's Request
4 Nov 16 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
16 Nov 16 (re-medical)
Passport Req..
22 Dec 16
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 17
LANDED..........
13 Jan 17
Bryanna said:
There's nothing official about that amount..... besides, no one would spend so much :)

An applicant must prove s/he has reasonable finances to pay for the visit (read: his/her itinerary).... the better the financial situation, the better the chances of getting TRV.... and (unofficially) it would convince the visa officer that someone is less likely to work illegally.

The visa officer may overlook a *weak* financial situation in some cases.... if other factors are strong
My husband showed over 12,000 CDN in his account, along with pay slips to prove it. And Was denied TRV (and most of the boxes ticked were the financial ones) Itinerary was for one month in Canada while I (his wife) undergo surgery and recovery time since he is my next of kin. (compassionate grounds). Also the box for family tie in Canada was checked, but since they did NOT check the box for purpose of visit they must have considered that compassionate reason is valid, but just that they think he will not have enough money to pay for his stay. But I could live off 12,000 CDN for 4 months or more! I have tried to get the detailed notes to see if in fact the whole reason was just because I am a tie in Canada and he has PR in process, and maybe the financial stuff was just an excuse. But I ran into a problem getting the notes: Privacy Act inquiries are not allowed without consent (which I had from my husband) but my husband can not give consent since he has not yet been to Canada. So we can not make a request via privacy act. So I paid the fee for access to information act, and they refused that as well saying that since it contains personal information they can't release under that act. So we can't get the info at all for his detailed visa officer notes. Anyway point is, I am not sure how much they require you to have in your account, but 12,000.00 CDN was not enough (even with a house assessment included as assets). That is, if indeed the financial issue was valid.

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hi,

Sorry for asking question in someone else's thread, but the discussion is very relevant to what I want to ask.

I am in US and my father is visiting us here, I want to apply a multiple entry Canada visitor visa for him. He is retired, owns house, but does not have any big money sitting around in banks. I am sponsoring him, we are planning weekend trips to Canada, by road. Do you guys think he not having money in banks could create any problem?

Vinodini

Feb 22, 2013
Hello Friends,

I am here at Canada for the past 3 years. I did my Masters here and now working. I delivered a baby here so many in laws came here and stayed with me. Now I wanted to bring my mom. But here Visit visa was rejected as she din have travel history and finance.

I mentioned clearly in my letter that I will take care of my mother's expenditure and ticket but unfortunately it was denied 2 weeks ago. I showed my bank account details which had 10,000$ and my husband had 15000$ in his account.

Now I am planning to reapply depositing 3 Lakhs in her account. Is it advisable to put that in Fixed Deposit or I can show that money in her account alone without doing fixed deposit? Please advise.
I will also submit our house and land documents in English. Anything else I should submit to support her visit visa?
Please advice.

Thanks,
Vin