+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Mother's supervisa got rejected ones, planning to apply for Temporary visa

shwethamurthy

Aug 1, 2019
Hello,

I and my husband are PR holders in canada, We had applied for super visa for my mother which was rejected mentioning "Supervisa criteria not met".
So this time we are planning to apply for Temporary visa with less than 6months stay.

My one big question here is about finances - My mother is a home maker and she does not have enough bank balance nor have any FD's or shares. But recently we have made a rental agreement of the two houses which she has rented and these income flows to her account (This is happening since 2months now)
Also my father is a retired govt employee, he will get his pension.

Her bank statement will not show more than 80k rs. but in future every month it gets accumulated with the rent income. Also we can provide proof of my father's pension account as a joint family income.

Along with this, We both are have more than avg paid permanent jobs, so I am providing mine and my husbands bank statement, T4, employement letter, payslips, PR details , Our hydro bills and driving lisence.

And we are mentioning in the invitation letter that we will be responsible for her round trip including tickets, stay, food, medical expenses etc.

She owns a few assets in india, providing the proofs of those.
In the invitation letter we are mentioning that she will stay with us for 5months.
Please let me know if this proof is sufficient? and also whether the mentioned stay term is good enough?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When did you relocate to Canada? Your mother is going to have to show she has the funds to pay for her travel and visit even if you will be paying. She will also have to show strong ties to her home country and previous travel. Unfortunately it may be harder to get the TRV vs a supervisa. You will have to see. Is there a reason your mother needs to come to Canada right now?

shwethamurthy

Aug 1, 2019
Hi Canuck,

Thankyou for your reply, we came 18months ago, we will be showing her asset documents, my father and brother all stay together. This can be shown as family ties back in India .

Can we show rental agreement and in a written letter mention that every month the rents will support her during her stay in Canada?

Supervise stands more chances over trv?
We are expecting in September, I would love to have my mother around and she wants to witness the special ocassion as well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canuck,

Thankyou for your reply, we came 18months ago, we will be showing her asset documents, my father and brother all stay together. This can be shown as family ties back in India .

Can we show rental agreement and in a written letter mention that every month the rents will support her during her stay in Canada?

Supervise stands more chances over trv?
We are expecting in September, I would love to have my mother around and she wants to witness the special ocassion as well.
Did you mention you were expecting?

shwethamurthy

Aug 1, 2019
Hi Canuck,

Why do you feel chances of supervise is more than trv?
For supervisa we might have to show better financial records/ savings than trv right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canuck,

Why do you feel chances of supervise is more than trv?
For supervisa we might have to show better financial records/ savings than trv right?
Yes. You mention that both you and your husband have better than average paying jobs. I guess I incorrectly assumed that your NOAs showed a combined income of significantly over the LICO amount.

shwethamurthy

Aug 1, 2019
Yes, you are right we are significantly high over the LICO. But my mother would not have sufficient funds to show.
For supervisa she would have to show higher amount compared to trv right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Supervisa is primarily based on your income. TRV is based primarily on her income. Given that your parents are married he can support her so both their savings. Given your profile and if your NOA was much higher than LICO I am surprised the supervisa was refused. I would encourage you to apply for the GCMS notes now. It takes around 30 days so best to do it now in case the TRV is also refused.

shwethamurthy

Aug 1, 2019
Yes, we have applied for the notes, previous was not an online application. Mother went through an agent and the application was not right. So this time i was applying on my own and opted for trv as it takes less processing time.

Thanks for all your inputs, it helps.