+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My mother's PR

mamad604

Nov 12, 2014
Hi,

Sponsored my mom to come live with us but she hasn't met her 720 days and her PR is now expired.
From past experience, does this mean her PR is cancelled or can we just apply for PRTD and renew the PR from Canada later ?

In other words, what can cancel your PR ? I went through the CIC site but they are talking about " it can be cancelled " but an official decision has to be taken. So I thought it automatically get cancelled after the 720 days is not met but the wording doesn't say that.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Sponsored my mom to come live with us but she hasn't met her 720 days and her PR is now expired.
From past experience, does this mean her PR is cancelled or can we just apply for PRTD and renew the PR from Canada later ?

In other words, what can cancel your PR ? I went through the CIC site but they are talking about " it can be cancelled " but an official decision has to be taken. So I thought it automatically get cancelled after the 720 days is not met but the wording doesn't say that.

Thanks
If you apply for a PRTD, it will be refused and her PR status cancelled unless she has very strong H&C reasons for having remained outside of Canada.

If she wants to save her PR status, she would fly to the US and try to re-enter Canada by land without being reporting for failing to meet the residency requirement. If she is able to enter Canada without being reported - she would then have to live in Canada for 2 years straight to be able to renew her PR status and ensure her PR is safe.