+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Mother got approved. Mine was denied.

Deyen12345

Jun 17, 2018
I applied last March 2018 and will try again my luck this month.

Is there any chance that im gonna get the visa now?

1. In a cover letter, i will indicate that i will be the one who will accompany my mom (senior citizen) going to canada. She already has her plane ticket that will be on sept 11 2018 to Feb 2019.

2. 33 yrs. Old, single, 8 yrs working in a company.

3. 1 car, CAD2,300 savings in a bank (last time i applied i didnt indicate the car and bank statement, only bank certificate)

4. Been to 7 asian countries.

5. My halfbrother will shoulder all of our expenses. (We have different surnames.)

Please help me. Thank you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but if you applied for the same 6 months visit upfront as your mother then the visa officer may well be questioning your intentions what with being single, limited funds of your own and how you would get 6 months leave.

What were the actual reasons quoted by immigration for the refusal ?

Last edited:

Deyen12345

Jun 17, 2018
What if i will just apply for only 4weeks or 2 months? Will they detect it in my previous application? I applied 6 months before.

Deyen12345

Jun 17, 2018
These are the reasons:

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary reaident.
Several factors:
Travel history
Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
Personal assets and financial status
2. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect of your departure.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied last March 2018 and will try again my luck this month.
It's incorrect to 'try your luck'. To reapply, you need to prove you have overcome the previous refusal reasons.

1. In a cover letter, i will indicate that i will be the one who will accompany my mom (senior citizen) going to canada. She already has her plane ticket that will be on sept 11 2018 to Feb 2019.
Accompanying your mom is not a good purpose of visit. Airline staff can take care of her and/or your mom could travel by a direct flight/no layovers, if available.

3. 1 car, CAD2,300 savings in a bank (last time i applied i didnt indicate the car and bank statement, only bank certificate)
CAD 2,300 is very low to pay for the visit.

4. Been to 7 asian countries.
Your travel must have been to visa-required countries such as the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, Japan, etc for short stays.

5. My halfbrother will shoulder all of our expenses. (We have different surnames.)
The financial support of your half-brother is secondary/supplementary to your application. You must prove you have the finances to pay for the visit

Reactions: Buletruck

Deyen12345

Jun 17, 2018
It's incorrect to 'try your luck'. To reapply, you need to prove you have overcome the previous refusal reasons.

Accompanying your mom is not a good purpose of visit. Airline staff can take care of her and/or your mom could travel by a direct flight/no layovers, if available.

CAD 2,300 is very low to pay for the visit.

Your travel must have been to visa-required countries such as the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, Japan, etc for short stays.

The financial support of your half-brother is secondary/supplementary to your application. You must prove you have the finances to pay for the visit
Thank you Bryanna. So it means that i have no chance at all of getting a visa if i will apply again. i've been to japan last year.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you Bryanna. So it means that i have no chance at all of getting a visa if i will apply again. i've been to japan last year.
There's always a chance. But, to be approved you must prove to the visa officer that you're not accompanying your mother because she is a senior + your visit is for just 2-3 weeks, etc etc.

1. Do post the list of documents you had submitted

2. Do you own property or land? Or have a lease in your name?
Can you save up quite a bit more before you reapply? An unofficial guide is CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare (without borrowing from someone)
Are you getting married in the near future?
Do you have family members who are dependent on you financially or for their well-being?
Did you need a visa to visit Japan? For how long did you visit?

Deyen12345

Jun 17, 2018
There's always a chance. But, to be approved you must prove to the visa officer that you're not accompanying your mother because she is a senior + your visit is for just 2-3 weeks, etc etc.

1. Do post the list of documents you had submitted

2. Do you own property or land? Or have a lease in your name?
Can you save up quite a bit more before you reapply? An unofficial guide is CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare (without borrowing from someone)
Are you getting married in the near future?
Do you have family members who are dependent on you financially or for their well-being?
Did you need a visa to visit Japan? For how long did you visit?
1. A. Family Information form+additional family information
B. ITR payslips of my brother and sisterinlaw
C. Letter of Invitation
D. Photocopy of my previous travels and visa from japan 15 days stay
E. COE/ITR(3yr)
F. Birthcertificate (mine and my mom-original, brother-photocopy) proof of relationship
G. Bank certificate (only CAD1500)
H. Passport

2. None
3.none
4.none

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. A. Family Information form+additional family information
B. ITR payslips of my brother and sisterinlaw
C. Letter of Invitation
D. Photocopy of my previous travels and visa from japan 15 days stay
E. COE/ITR(3yr)
F. Birthcertificate (mine and my mom-original, brother-photocopy) proof of relationship
G. Bank certificate (only CAD1500)
H. Passport

2. None
3.none
4.none
IMHO, you have a weak application. You don't have a strong purpose of visit + no strong ties to return home to (weak employment and consequently, a weak financial situation + no property/land ownership + no other dependent family members).

I recommend you do not reapply until your personal and professional situation improves significantly

Deyen12345

Jun 17, 2018
IMHO, you have a weak application. You don't have a strong purpose of visit + no strong ties to return home to (weak employment and consequently, a weak financial situation + no property/land ownership + no other dependent family members).

I recommend you do not reapply until your personal and professional situation improves significantly
Why oh why. I just want to go to canada with my mom :( i dont have any plans to overstay there.

I have a car and my mom is my independent but she has a visa already. Are they gonna detect that?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why oh why. I just want to go to canada with my mom :( i dont have any plans to overstay there.
Unfortunately, IMO, it's because you don't qualify for a TRV. Your intentions of wanting to travel with your mom are not counter-supported by equal, if not more, evidence of your reasons to return to your home country.

I have a car
A car does not help. It can be sold anytime in your absence, if you wish to. It's not the same as owning property or land.

and my mom is my independent but she has a visa already. Are they gonna detect that?
Yes, from your Family Information form

Deyen12345

Jun 17, 2018
Unfortunately, IMO, it's because you don't qualify for a TRV. Your intentions of wanting to travel with your mom are not counter-supported by equal, if not more, evidence of your reasons to return to your home country.

A car does not help. It can be sold anytime in your absence, if you wish to. It's not the same as owning property or land.

Yes, from your Family Information form
What am i supposed to do? :( :(
but, Thanks a lot Bryanna.