+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My mom's visitor's application in Canada

chloej

Sep 16, 2010
Hi I need an advise with regards to my mom's visitors visa application. My mom applied for an emergency visitors visa last November 19, 2009 for the purpose of visiting my sister who was struck by a car when she was crossing the street, my sister acquired a serious brain injury. My aunt was the host of my moms visa application but unfortunately she was denied for the reason that the visa officer was not satisfied that my mom meets the requirements of Regulation 179. In June 2010 my mom re applied again with the same host which is my aunt, my mom provided all the documents, such as her assets and bank account and she even supported a letter explaining how she wanted to see my sister who was struggling for her life, but she got denied again with a reason that the officer is not satisfied that my mom would leave canada at the end of her stay as a temporary resident.

Now, i have decided to invite my mom next monht and the host will be me and my husband. We both have full time jobs now and are both Permanent resident, i will change the purpose of my mom's visit as to see my 2 year old daughter which she have not seen yet since her birth instead of my sisters situation. Do you think my mom will have a chance this time????Please I need your answer. Thanx!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I feel you are in v similar situation like this poster trying to get his mother a visitor visa to Canada:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t46376.0.html

Wish you good luck!

chloej

Sep 16, 2010
Thank you...I visited the link, yeah we have a very similar situation. I will try this time too,I might also indicate in the invitation letter that I want my mom to spend Christmas with us...hope they will consider it.

Earal

Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-'10
AOR Received.
08-25-'10
File Transfer...
08-09-'10
Med's Done....
06-24-'10
Passport Req..
09-16-'10
VISA ISSUED...
01-25-'11 DM
chloej said:
Hi I need an advise with regards to my mom's visitors visa application. My mom applied for an emergency visitors visa last November 19, 2009 for the purpose of visiting my sister who was struck by a car when she was crossing the street, my sister acquired a serious brain injury. My aunt was the host of my moms visa application but unfortunately she was denied for the reason that the visa officer was not satisfied that my mom meets the requirements of Regulation 179. In June 2010 my mom re applied again with the same host which is my aunt, my mom provided all the documents, such as her assets and bank account and she even supported a letter explaining how she wanted to see my sister who was struggling for her life, but she got denied again with a reason that the officer is not satisfied that my mom would leave canada at the end of her stay as a temporary resident.

Now, i have decided to invite my mom next monht and the host will be me and my husband. We both have full time jobs now and are both Permanent resident, i will change the purpose of my mom's visit as to see my 2 year old daughter which she have not seen yet since her birth instead of my sisters situation. Do you think my mom will have a chance this time????Please I need your answer. Thanx!
that will be a better invitation to your parents, because the first reason is quite eagerness to come to canada and stay for long time because of your sisters situation. canadian immigration wants visitors in canada as long as you can satisfy them that you are still going back home. :)

hope you'll be with your parents soon..