+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My MOM TRV got refused - Need suggestion

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
I am a Permanent resident working in Toronto for the last 3 years. Recently I applied TRV for my Mom (Residing in India) but unfortunately it got refused. Below are the reasons for refusal.

Applied Online - Jan 18th 2018
Refusal - Jan 25th 2018

Other reasons:
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic
establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission
as a temporary resident in Canada.

Summary of the docs I provided, Please help with suggestions to reapply.

Passport Copy
Letter of Invitation
Financial Support (Provided Mom's 6 months Bank statement - 6000 CAD and Property Ownership certificate which is owned by Mom)
Purpose of Travel - provided detailed itinerary for her 5 months visit (I reckon, should have kept Less)
Proof of Relationship - Copy of My Passport showcasing her name in Mother's column
Family info - All relevant details

My Mom is a home maker and has funds in her account to take care of herself, my elder brother and family resides in India but different state. Mom does not have any business/employment or prior Travel history to showcase.

Everything was applied online but interestingly refusal letter had officer signature showing High commission of Canada, Srilanka. NO idea if this makes any different.

I am going to cut short the trip to 2 weeks, Please help me know what further documents can I provide to satisfy the office. Is it advisable to reapply right away? Experts Please help.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@thinkshady

Everything was applied online but interestingly refusal letter had officer signature showing High commission of Canada, Srilanka. NO idea if this makes any different.
Online applications can be processed by any global visa office. Maybe, you should submit a paper application when she reapplies.

1. What refusal boxes were checked?

2. What was the purpose of her visit?

3. What was the source of the funds in her bank account? Was any of it transferred recently before applying?

4. Does your mom have other financial investments: FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares, pension, rental income, LIC, PPF, etc?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
@thinkshady

Online applications can be processed by any global visa office. Maybe, you should submit a paper application when she reapplies.

1. What refusal boxes were checked?

This is was the only one

Other reasons:
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic
establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission

2. What was the purpose of her visit?

Had mentioned Family visit and Visit Near by place in Ontario, had provided detailed itinerary with dates for all 5 Months. I reckon 5 months was way too much!!

3. What was the source of the funds in her bank account? Was any of it transferred recently before applying?

My Elder brother generally transfers money to Mom's account and Yes there was a transfer in the month of December 2017

4. Does your mom have other financial investments: FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares, pension, rental income, LIC, PPF, etc?
Yes LIC and PPF but have not submit those docs.
Thank Bryanna for responding to my query. My answers inline, awaiting your valuable inputs on this.

Last edited:

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
I feel duration of the stay was longer and should be the prime reason, please help me with suggestions.

Last edited:

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
I am a Permanent resident working in Toronto for the last 3 years. Recently I applied TRV for my Mom (Residing in India) but unfortunately it got refused. Below are the reasons for refusal.

Applied Online - Jan 18th 2018
Refusal - Jan 25th 2018

Other reasons:

Summary of the docs I provided, Please help with suggestions to reapply.

Passport Copy
Letter of Invitation
Financial Support (Provided Mom's 6 months Bank statement - 6000 CAD and Property Ownership certificate which is owned by Mom)
Purpose of Travel - provided detailed itinerary for her 5 months visit (I reckon, should have kept Less)
Proof of Relationship - Copy of My Passport showcasing her name in Mother's column
Family info - All relevant details

My Mom is a home maker and has funds in her account to take care of herself, my elder brother and family resides in India but different state. Mom does not have any business/employment or prior Travel history to showcase.

I am going to cut short the trip to 2 weeks, Please help me know what further documents can I provide to satisfy the office. Is it advisable to reapply right away? Experts Please help.
I am sorry to hear about the refusal! If you meet the income requirement I would strongly recommend you to apply for a super visa because refusal rate of super visa is very low as compared to visitor visa and she can stay 2 years without going out of Canada whereas she has to leave the country in 6 months on a visitor visa.

Here is the link for all the information you need to apply super visa for your parents

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa.html

but before you apply make sure you meet the income requirement and here is the link of income you need depending upon a family member (Don't forget to include yourself or your spouse/children as well)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html#incometables

Good Luck!

Thank you,

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
I am sorry to hear about the refusal! If you meet the income requirement I would strongly recommend you to apply for a super visa because refusal rate of super visa is very low as compared to visitor visa and she can stay 2 years without going out of Canada whereas she has to leave the country in 6 months on a visitor visa.

Here is the link for all the information you need to apply super visa for your parents

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa.html

but before you apply make sure you meet the income requirement and here is the link of income you need depending upon a family member (Don't forget to include yourself or your spouse/children as well)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html#incometables

Good Luck!

Thank you,
Thank you mate for your inputs. I shall certainly look into it before I attempt reapplying.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Thank you mate for your inputs. I shall certainly look into it before I attempt reapplying.
Awesome!
The only difference between visitor and super visa application is
1. You need to add marriage certificate to your parents
2. You need to buy insurance from Canadian company called super visa insurance with medical coverage of 100,000

other than that you can use the same document which you used in visitor visa application.

Let me know if you will have any question,

Thank you,

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Awesome!
2. You need to buy insurance from Canadian company called super visa insurance with medical coverage of 100,000

other than that you can use the same document which you used in visitor visa application.

Thank you,
Thanks buddy, My mom would be here for short visit so I am thinking of reapplying for Visitor Visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna

Please let me know for any further suggestions, Thanks.
First things first, I would recommend you wait at least for a couple of months before she reapplies. Reapplying too soon by stating a visit of 2-3 weeks would be a dramatic shift from the previous intended visit of 5 months = Visa officer may not be convinced.

When she reapplies, she must include:
Financials:
6 months' bank statements + a Letter of Explanation from your brother stating he will support her visit by purchasing the plane tickets and other expenses + his bank statement to prove that money has been transferred from his bank account + your mom's ITRs (even if it is 'Nil' returns).

If you prefer, your brother can purchase a Forex Traveler Card with the funds in his bank account in your mom's name (topped with CAD) + include his bank statement/a letter issued by the bank to confirm that he has purchased this card with his funds.

Your mom must include the LIC documents + PPF (copy of the statement + a print from the relevant government website which states XX% can be withdrawn from the 6th year, if it applies to your mom).

She can include the funds in the bank account + the part-amount of the PPF balance as 'Funds available for her visit'.

Property ownership:
Copies of the property ownership documents in your mom's name (notarization is not required) + most recent property tax receipts + copy of the share certificate (if applicable) + self-valuation or valuation done by a CA + supporting proofs from MagicBricks/property portals/access property realty reports that would confirm that the indicative market value matches similar properties in the same locality.

Other documents:
1. A detailed day-by-day itinerary like a typical tourist and to spend time with you/see how you now live and work.... with expense estimates.... and your mom's finances should be adequate to cover this itinerary (although you will take care of her expenses)

2. The Letter of Explanation from your brother must state that he would like to gift this holiday to you mom because she has made many sacrifices to raise you. The tone could be a bit emotional.

3. Purchase an overseas travel medical policy to cover the dates of her visit (refundable, allows for date change for a small administrative fee)

4. Can your mom prove that she must return to India by a specific date for a family event or something similar?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Awesome!

Thank you,
Mate I took your advice, I got Super Visa approved for my mom. Thanks again for your inputs, appreciate it.

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Mate I took your advice, I got Super Visa approved for my mom. Thanks again for your inputs, appreciate it.
Congrats on the super visa. I want to apply one for my mother... do u mind sharing what documents you provided for the supervisa application. Thank you

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Congrats on the super visa. I want to apply one for my mother... do u mind sharing what documents you provided for the supervisa application. Thank you
There you go. Hope this helps.

IMM5257E
Family Information - IMM5645E
Invitation Letter
Medical Insurance Coverage ($100000)
Two years T4
Two Years Notice of Assessment
Proof Of Relationship
Proof of Travel
Passport copy
digital Photo Copy

-----------------------------------------
Optional -

Additional Doc of Applicant - Investments if any, Ownership certificate of any property owned, Tax receipts for those property.