Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
03-08-2012
Thanks luvucanada for sharing your exp. I am CA from India and having more than 6 years post qualification exp. In public accounting firm. Do I have to go for CGA to get a job as an auditor or accountant.
Please advice

Good luck
Auditor

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Dear luvucanada, its now quite a time that u have been in canada. Please tell us about ur expenses as well ? How much is ur salary or u started with and how do u manage ur monthly routine with a little bit of details so that we can have a better picture of the situations. How much is the tax ratio and also that if u r unable to manage ur work & family so how does ur home mates react to it ? Please something like this would be very helpful for us.

thanks n regards

loveucanada

Aug 12, 2010
auditor said:
Thanks luvucanada for sharing your exp. I am CA from India and having more than 6 years post qualification exp. In public accounting firm. Do I have to go for CGA to get a job as an auditor or accountant.
Please advice

Good luck
Auditor
Hi auditor,

I can see how much you love to be an "auditor". :) No, you don't need CGA but you do need to consult CA web in Canada and make sure you can get a Canadian CA. CA can do both audit and accounting but CGA cannot do audit. If you don't need any exam to become CGA, that's fine. Otherwise, I would suggest you to consider CA directly.

loveucanada

Aug 12, 2010
amir82 said:
Dear luvucanada, its now quite a time that u have been in canada. Please tell us about ur expenses as well ? How much is ur salary or u started with and how do u manage ur monthly routine with a little bit of details so that we can have a better picture of the situations. How much is the tax ratio and also that if u r unable to manage ur work & family so how does ur home mates react to it ? Please something like this would be very helpful for us.

thanks n regards
Hi amir82,

With regard to your questions, I guess my answer won't be helpful as my personal situation is not representative. However, if you google "Alis Alberta" you will find very detailed wages/salaries by industry and competancy requirements which is really helpful for job hunters. I guess in Ontario and BC, they have similar posted information. As for tax info, please go to CRA web site. About dealing with family issue, I haven't found a good resource to consult to, as my situation always goes very smooth and no need to bother to get it improved. :)

regnard

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-2011
amir82 said:

thanks n regards
I suggest looking at Payscale.com too for additional reference. :)

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Thanks you so much for such a wonderful information,

Could you kindly highlight some idea about how well they can welcome new comers in education industry? as a lecturer or teacher? If you have an idea?

God Bless,
Kavya

auditor

Mar 30, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
17-03-2010
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
03-08-2012
loveucanada said:
Hi auditor,

I can see how much you love to be an "auditor". :) No, you don't need CGA but you do need to consult CA web in Canada and make sure you can get a Canadian CA. CA can do both audit and accounting but CGA cannot do audit. If you don't need any exam to become CGA, that's fine. Otherwise, I would suggest you to consider CA directly.
Thanks alot...

Good Luck
Auditor

starme

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kavya said:
Thanks you so much for such a wonderful information,

Could you kindly highlight some idea about how well they can welcome new comers in education industry? as a lecturer or teacher? If you have an idea?

God Bless,
Kavya
@ kavya

any updates?

pete31

Aug 15, 2012
Hi luvucanada,

The information you have shared is quite inspiring for an immigrant accountant/ auditor considering that this NOC code is not anymore on the 29 list of in demand occupations.

Considering you used to worked in the US, I was wondering if you can share more on what particular skill(s) do Canadians want for US (or foreign) trained Accountants/ Auditors? You experience on interviews with Big 4 firms will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete.

tokszeeeee

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Mississauga ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-10-2012
loveucanada said:
I can't believe that I've been here for almost a year! However, it's true. March 29 is my first anniversary. I'm not sure if I'm still a "new" immigrant after Mar 29. :) I would like to be counted as a Canadian, though.
I recalled on Mar 28, 2010 I landed at Edmonton, AB without any companies. All made me decide to fly to Edmonton is my positive expectation of the job market in Alberta. When I submitted my application to Buffalo CIC in Aug 2009, I applied as FSW - accountant (at that time accountant was an acceptable occupation). Since then I spent a little time searching for Canadian market and got (sort of) that Alberta has jobs. At the end of 2010, I landed in Toronto. Meantime, my status at CIC tracking ended with "You became to Permanent Resident of Canada on Dec 29, 2010." Toronto was my selected landing city on my application form but I decided to start in Alberta.

I only spent two nights in Toronto but got four important things done: 1) exchanging my US driver's license to Ontario (in Aug 2010 I went back to my country from US as I ran out of F1 term, and my license was expired in Oct 2010 -- However, as long as within 6 months since your US license gets expired, one can exchange a valid license in Canada. I therefore easily got Ontario Class 5); 2) getting SIN; 3) registering myself with medical insurance; and 4) opening a bank account and obtaining credit card and debit card. I am lucky. I don't have any relatives in Canada but have a friend in Toronto. I got a temporary license right away and the rest of cards/documentations were sent to my friend's within a month. In the very early morning, I said good-bye to Pearson and flew to US to visit my close friends. It was Dec 31, 2010. How happy I was!

April 8, 2011. I got snow in Edmonton. I was so surprised and even a little depressed. The depression is from snow and job hunting. Although I knew it's not easy for new comers to build a life in a new place, I never expected finding a job could be “that” hard. During the first two weeks, I sort of submitted about 200 emails to apply for various accounting jobs without any response. I believed something was wrong but couldn't figure out a solution to solve it. I therefore started looking for help online and noted “newcomer center” or something like that.

When I looked back, I would suggest all new comers to visit such a center. You won't find a job there but you will get tons of help including resume revision, interview techniques, making friends, job fair, etc. etc. During the last two weeks of April, I received four interview calls, two of which were from KPMG.

I thought I could get a job in KPMG as the two calls brought me lots of hopes. I spent the first week of May in US again and waited for my first offer letter after I was back to Edmonton. However, I got a rejection email finally. The only thing that I could do was to look for job again. I was a little frustrated but tried my best to keep myself moving. Otherwise, I could be more and more frustrated.

Thank God who didn't make my days too hard. Deloitte interviewed me twice during the last week of May and issued me an offer letter with a good relocation package in June. I finally moved to Calgary in September and my new life/new job begins since then. Before relocation, I went back to US again.

I guess most readers here are highly interested in job searching in Canada. I'm not familiar with other occupations than accounting or financial audit. However, as what I said every one of us needs to keep ourselves moving. Don't spend too much time in front of TV or computer at home. Go to new comer center, university libraries, employment assistance office, English/French center, etc. to talk with others, to share experience with others, and to get to know your new living place. Migrating to Canada is a smart decision. Life will be always bright. Try to enjoy your life even before you find a job. Think about it – you will find a job anyway, but after you get a job you may not have much leisure time. ;D For instance myself, I work in Deloitte six days a week, longer than 12 hours every day.

I love my life in Canada, although I still cannot balance life and work. I'm very happy with my decision to go to Canada that I made two years ago and proud that I've been here for a year! ;)

I can't believe that I've been here for almost a year! However, it's true. March 29 is my first anniversary. I'm not sure if I'm still a "new" immigrant after Mar 29. I would like to be counted as a Canadian, though.
I recalled on Mar 28, 2010 I landed at Edmonton, AB without any companies. All made me decide to fly to Edmonton is my positive expectation of the job market in Alberta. When I submitted my application to Buffalo CIC in Aug 2009, I applied as FSW - accountant (at that time accountant was an acceptable occupation). Since then I spent a little time searching for Canadian market and got (sort of) that Alberta has jobs. At the end of 2010, I landed in Toronto. Meantime, my status at CIC tracking ended with "You became to Permanent Resident of Canada on Dec 29, 2010." Toronto was my selected landing city on my application form but I decided to start in Alberta.

Good Inspiring Story,

i dont seems to understand some lines in the story Sir.
are you saying the CIC tracking did not recognise all your landinng in Edmonton AB since March 28,2010.???

until you got to Toronto in Dec 2010 ?

pls clarify

Regards

PalNP

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10
Passport Req..
August 13
VISA ISSUED...
September 13
loveucanada said:
I can't believe that I've been here for almost a year! However, it's true. March 29 is my first anniversary. I'm not sure if I'm still a "new" immigrant after Mar 29. :) I would like to be counted as a Canadian, though.

I only spent two nights in Toronto but got four important things done: 1) exchanging my US driver's license to Ontario (in Aug 2010 I went back to my country from US as I ran out of F1 term, and my license was expired in Oct 2010 -- However, as long as within 6 months since your US license gets expired, one can exchange a valid license in Canada. I therefore easily got Ontario Class 5); 2) getting SIN; 3) registering myself with medical insurance; and 4) opening a bank account and obtaining credit card and debit card. I am lucky. I don't have any relatives in Canada but have a friend in Toronto. I got a temporary license right away and the rest of cards/documentations were sent to my friend's within a month. In the very early morning, I said good-bye to Pearson and flew to US to visit my close friends. It was Dec 31, 2010. How happy I was!

April 8, 2011. I got snow in Edmonton. I was so surprised and even a little depressed. The depression is from snow and job hunting. Although I knew it's not easy for new comers to build a life in a new place, I never expected finding a job could be “that” hard. During the first two weeks, I sort of submitted about 200 emails to apply for various accounting jobs without any response. I believed something was wrong but couldn't figure out a solution to solve it. I therefore started looking for help online and noted “newcomer center” or something like that.

When I looked back, I would suggest all new comers to visit such a center. You won't find a job there but you will get tons of help including resume revision, interview techniques, making friends, job fair, etc. etc. During the last two weeks of April, I received four interview calls, two of which were from KPMG.

I thought I could get a job in KPMG as the two calls brought me lots of hopes. I spent the first week of May in US again and waited for my first offer letter after I was back to Edmonton. However, I got a rejection email finally. The only thing that I could do was to look for job again. I was a little frustrated but tried my best to keep myself moving. Otherwise, I could be more and more frustrated.

Thank God who didn't make my days too hard. Deloitte interviewed me twice during the last week of May and issued me an offer letter with a good relocation package in June. I finally moved to Calgary in September and my new life/new job begins since then. Before relocation, I went back to US again.

I guess most readers here are highly interested in job searching in Canada. I'm not familiar with other occupations than accounting or financial audit. However, as what I said every one of us needs to keep ourselves moving. Don't spend too much time in front of TV or computer at home. Go to new comer center, university libraries, employment assistance office, English/French center, etc. to talk with others, to share experience with others, and to get to know your new living place. Migrating to Canada is a smart decision. Life will be always bright. Try to enjoy your life even before you find a job. Think about it – you will find a job anyway, but after you get a job you may not have much leisure time. ;D For instance myself, I work in Deloitte six days a week, longer than 12 hours every day.

I love my life in Canada, although I still cannot balance life and work. I'm very happy with my decision to go to Canada that I made two years ago and proud that I've been here for a year! ;)
Really good one.

+1 for u.

Pal

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Of course if u compare it to India Pakistan philippine Bangaldish and other such countries you will find it great. You work 6 days 12 hours, is this a life? I'm sure even the salary hardly you can eat, pay for car insurance, patrol, accommodation.....etc

Canada is only for smart physicians and dentists as I know many who failed in the exams and only for Indians Pakistani Bangladeshi philipinos Romanians and Bulgaries. If you survive in these countries, you even can survive in hell.

Why Canada wants immigrants if they cannot offer jobs.