30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
As I mentioned before I worked for 8 months as assistant project manager for a construction company. I Couldn’t find that title among NOC but construction manager job duties matches with my profile.

Is there any letter samples I can refer to?

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Can someone explain me ho the working hours are counting? I found this on CIC:
12 months of full-time work:
  • 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours),
I worked for 45 hours for 6 moths, how many hours corresponds for this duration?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Can someone explain me ho the working hours are counting? I found this on CIC:
12 months of full-time work:
  • 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours),
I worked for 45 hours for 6 moths, how many hours corresponds for this duration?
They don't count any hours more than 30. You will have 30 x 24 weeks of work. You need another six months of work to qualify.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi again,

I have been offered a job which requires me to travel out of Canada for around 2 months. I will have all tax, pay stubs in canada but I will work out of country.

Is it a problem for CEC?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you are working for a Canadian company, and your job duties require that you travel occasionally, it's not an issue. If the company isn't Canadian, then it won't count.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
If you are working for a Canadian company, and your job duties require that you travel occasionally, it's not an issue. If the company isn't Canadian, then it won't count.
Thank you, is there any source for this information to refer? I called CIC today and the canadian experience should be gained in Canada as per officer.

However he could not send me any source. I would really appreciate any source to use.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Canadian Work Experience is defined in the Ministerial Instructions for Express Entry

Verbatim below, but you can see that it requires you to be a foreign national in Canada who has worked for a NOC 0,A,B job and has perfored the actions listed in the lead statement + a substantial number of main duties including all essential duties.

Therefore, if you are a foreign national in Canada, working for a Canadian company in a NOC 0,A,B job, and some part of your NOC duties mentions "occasional travel", you will get points for this. Even if it doesn't, and you can show that you performed all the essential duties + a majority of the main duties, you will get points. There's no requirement for you to be physically present in Canada for every single day of the job. Many jobs will send you for conferences and short business trips.

However, if you are out of Canada for many months continuously, that may not count. It depends on the nature of your job, the company you're working for, and most importantly the NOC statement of duties. If the NOC statement includes something like "may spend long periods on a client's site", you may be ok.

This is general advice, of course the details of your case will matter.

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.html#e02

Canadian work experience

(3) For the purposes of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that

• (a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
  • (b) consists of continuous full-time work experience or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience; and
  • (c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1).
Requirements

(4) In order to be assigned points under subsection (1) for their Canadian work experience, a foreign national

• (a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their Canadian work experience; and
  • (b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Canadian Work Experience is defined in the Ministerial Instructions for Express Entry

Verbatim below, but you can see that it requires you to be a foreign national in Canada who has worked for a NOC 0,A,B job and has perfored the actions listed in the lead statement + a substantial number of main duties including all essential duties.

Therefore, if you are a foreign national in Canada, working for a Canadian company in a NOC 0,A,B job, and some part of your NOC duties mentions "occasional travel", you will get points for this. Even if it doesn't, and you can show that you performed all the essential duties + a majority of the main duties, you will get points. There's no requirement for you to be physically present in Canada for every single day of the job. Many jobs will send you for conferences and short business trips.

However, if you are out of Canada for many months continuously, that may not count. It depends on the nature of your job, the company you're working for, and most importantly the NOC statement of duties. If the NOC statement includes something like "may spend long periods on a client's site", you may be ok.

This is general advice, of course the details of your case will matter.

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.html#e02

Canadian work experience

(3) For the purposes of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that

• (a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
  • (b) consists of continuous full-time work experience or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience; and
  • (c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1).
Requirements

(4) In order to be assigned points under subsection (1) for their Canadian work experience, a foreign national

• (a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their Canadian work experience; and
  • (b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.
Thank you so much for comprehensive information.

I am construction manager and I have to be in the construction site or as you mentioned it is my duty.
It really concerns me as I have only one year of work permit and This job is the only serious offer I have. I cannot risk to waste anytime.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I see that the first duty under your NOC 0711 is

Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget

It's reasonable that "organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating" a construction project from "start to finish" may require an extended period of time where you are required to be present at the construction site.

You can check with a lawyer if you want to be absolutely sure, but it appears that you should be OK.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
I see that the first duty under your NOC 0711 is

Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget

It's reasonable that "organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating" a construction project from "start to finish" may require an extended period of time where you are required to be present at the construction site.

You can check with a lawyer if you want to be absolutely sure, but it appears that you should be OK.
I will, thank you again