+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My last chance to get PR

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi all,

I would truly appreciate your help for my case.

I sponsored inland by my wife last year and in final stage she cancelled the sponsorship.
I got an open work permit valid till June 2020.

I worked as construction assistant project manager for around 8 months and then I quit.
Now I am looking for job and hopefully I will find something in near future.
I am 32 years old and my IELTS was overall 7,5 before it expired.

I would truly appreciate if you answer me these questions:

considering that I passed the criminal check and medical exams before what’s the chance of getting PR before June 2020?

What will happen After work permit expires?

Thanks

StillW8ing

Mar 8, 2019
If you receive an ITA (invitation to Apply) for PR and then submit all of your documents and receive an AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) prior to your work permit expires, then you can apply for a Bridging Visa.

As long as you have applied for the Bridging Visa before your work permit expires, you will be under implied status until you receive the new work permit and/or your PR application is confirmed.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
What documents should I provide to show that I was working here? I have T4 and payrolls.. what else?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I sponsored inland by my wife last year and in final stage she cancelled the sponsorship.

I worked as construction assistant project manager for around 8 months and then I quit.

considering that I passed the criminal check and medical exams before what’s the chance of getting PR before June 2020?

Thanks
How many point do you have under the express entry points system?

mkredy

May 18, 2017
Is it necessary to work full time during the process of applying bridging workpermit and after getting bridging workpermit can we work full time with that workpermit.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
How many point do you have under the express entry points system?
1) What is your marital status? Married(we did not divorce yet)
2) i. Is your spouse or common-law partner a citizen or permanent resident of Canada? Yes
3) How old are you? 33
4) What is your level of education? Bachelor
4b) Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate? No
5) Official languages: Canada's official languages are English and French.
i. Are your test results less than two years old? Yes
ii. Which language test did you take for your first official language?
Ielts S:7- L:8- R:7 w:7
iii. Do you have other language results? No

6) Work Experience

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have? 1 year
ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have? 3 years and more

7) Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?
No
8) Do you have a valid job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (if needed)? No
9) Do you have a nomination certificate from a province or territory? No
10) Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?No

Your results

Grand total = 460

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi all,

Thanks
Your previous background and medical checks will not accelerate a new, unrelated, application.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Yes and I am looking for a job in my field and going to interviews.
You should first worry about landing a job and complete than 1 year work experience. Don't get ahead of yourself. If you don't do that you are not eligible for CEC, you might want to apply via FSW or something.

How many points are you getting for being married to a Canadian?

You are still not eligible and should be thinking of this once you get a job, not before.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
You should first worry about landing a job and complete than 1 year work experience. Don't get ahead of yourself. If you don't do that you are not eligible for CEC, you might want to apply via FSW or something.

How many points are you getting for being married to a Canadian?

You are still not eligible and should be thinking of this once you get a job, not before.
From comprehensive ranking system there is not a diffrence for being married with a canadian or apply as divorced person.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
From comprehensive ranking system there is not a diffrence for being married with a canadian or apply as divorced person.
Thta's what I figured but was curious because it seemed as if you were. It just seemed odd to see your score based on your answers. Anyways, good luck landing that job.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
The question I have is :

As I mentioned I worked in a company for 6 months, how can I declare that time as Canadian experience!? What documents are needed from my previous company?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The question I have is :

As I mentioned I worked in a company for 6 months, how can I declare that time as Canadian experience!? What documents are needed from my previous company?
See the section, "Proof of work experience." The key document is the letter of reference, containing all the required information.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Last edited: