+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Landing Experience

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
hi guys, sorry to write it very late but was busy with few things so couldnt use forum for a while. So here is my landing experience.

I boarded a budget flight Air Transat from London, like I said budget flight so flight wasn't comfortable and luggage was problem. Any how, I landed at Toroto Pearson Airport on 2nd May at 3.25 pm.

Proceeded to Immigration counter where chap stamped our landing card which i filled in during flight and was given to everyone by flight crew. Immigration officer didn't ask any question and refered me to immigration desk. At immigration desk, a nice lady asked for passports, landing card(which was stamped), COPRR, our canadian address and started filling PR form in. She askd abt how much funds i was carrying, as i was carrying british pounds so i told her that and she converted that into canadian dollars and wrote on the form. She didnt ask me to show her money.

After tht i was refered to welcome counter where i was given welcome kit and some cds. After that i picked up my luggage and went to customs to get goods to follow list stamped. I didnt have time to print the B4 forms so all tbe list was hand written, custom chap was helping and gave me b4 and b4a to fill. After all the list, he stamped and kept original and gave a copy to me.

I went outside after that where my parents and brothers were waiting to receive me.

So far i have Canada far better than England. Have got SIN no, did open an account in RBC, got my british licence changed into Canadian G licence and is driving a car. Have started applying for jobs, hoping to get a positive outcome for that too.

ap_123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 June 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
01 August 2012
File Transfer...
14 August 2012
Med's Done....
30 March 2012
Passport Req..
11 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process 08 October 2012.....address change 30 Nov. 2012
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 25th 2013
Hello there,

Many congratulations on smooth landing.

I have few questions...

1) How much it costs to change a full UK driving licence to a Canadian "G" licence and how long it took for you to get one ?
2) I will be flying soon from London, UK as well - How much Cash in GBP did you carry ? and Did you take any other form of Money apart from cash ? As I am planning to do so.
3) For PR card procedure @ Airport, did you have to submit latest photographs or No ?

Thanks,

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Good luck ahmad in your job hunting and thanks for sharing your experience.

Cheers

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
ap_123 said:
Hello there,

Many congratulations on smooth landing.

I have few questions...

1) How much it costs to change a full UK driving licence to a Canadian "G" licence and how long it took for you to get one ?
2) I will be flying soon from London, UK as well - How much Cash in GBP did you carry ? and Did you take any other form of Money apart from cash ? As I am planning to do so.
3) For PR card procedure @ Airport, did you have to submit latest photographs or No ?

Thanks,
thanks ap and Mezo.

@ Ap.. you have to pay $75 to get your license changed, it is same day servies, they'll issue you a temp licence and photocard licence will be posted to you.

I only carried £3600 which i declared as cash, i had some in my account as well just in case if they would have asked for more.

They didnt ask for any photos.

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Nice to hear from you Ahmad.....was infact waiting for your post.
Hope you guys are having a great time , specially reuniting with your family. Wowww !!!!
Wish you all the best for your Job hunt.

Looking forward to meet you in next couple of months....till then get rolling and gather some info for me too :)

Cheers !!!!

Secret

Jan 12, 2011
Congrats Ahmad!
I have a question too, as I am planning to land there somewhere next month. I was reading about the fact that you should prepare two lists of all the items that you are taking with you, and the ones that will follow, and I was wondering if I should write "everything" there, or just a general "sort and quantity" thing? For example, do you write: One T-shirt with the letter V on it. One T-Shirt with the letter N on it. Or do you just write "Two (or one hundred) T-Shirts, 20 jeans, and 30 jackets"? Because I really don't want to go through the process of writing down absolutely everything! :(
I would appreciate if you could share your experience/thoughts in this regard with us.
Thanks and enjoy Canada :)

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
you can make 2 lists if you want to, i made only one and listed items and quantities., e.g. clothes 5 boxes., 2 beds, 5 cupboards etc and their value in canadian dollars. I didn't have any problem with it and no questions were asked.

Secret

Jan 12, 2011
ahmadtajwer said:
you can make 2 lists if you want to, i made only one and listed items and quantities., e.g. clothes 5 boxes., 2 beds, 5 cupboards etc and their value in canadian dollars. I didn't have any problem with it and no questions were asked.
Thanks a lot !

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
CONGRATS Ahmad :D :D

let all ur wises come true and Good luck always for the job hunting

See u after 2-3 months :D by the time as u said u will become a senior 8) to guide all of us

buddy a small question?? since u had a British licence, i know its done immdtly. but wht about guys who have a driving experience letter with more thn 2 yrs (in Gulf) i mean how many days it will take minimum.

God bless

Biju

ahmadtajwer said:
hi guys, sorry to write it very late but was busy with few things so couldnt use forum for a while. So here is my landing experience.
I boarded a budget flight Air Transat from London, like I said budget flight so flight wasn't comfortable and luggage was problem. Any how, I landed at Toroto Pearson Airport on 2nd May at 3.25 pm.Proceeded to Immigration counter where chap stamped our landing card which i filled in during flight and was given to everyone by flight crew. Immigration officer didn't ask any question and refered me to immigration desk. At immigration desk, a nice lady asked for passports, landing card(which was stamped), COPRR, our canadian address and started filling PR form in. She askd abt how much funds i was carrying, as i was carrying british pounds so i told her that and she converted that into canadian dollars and wrote on the form. She didnt ask me to show her money. After tht i was refered to welcome counter where i was given welcome kit and some cds. After that i picked up my luggage and went to customs to get goods to follow list stamped. I didnt have time to print the B4 forms so all tbe list was hand written, custom chap was helping and gave me b4 and b4a to fill. After all the list, he stamped and kept original and gave a copy to me.I went outside after that where my parents and brothers were waiting to receive me. So far i have Canada far better than England. Have got SIN no, did open an account in RBC, got my british licence changed into Canadian G licence and is driving a car. Have started applying for jobs, hoping to get a positive outcome for that too.

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
Congratulations ahmadtajwer:)
hope u r having a gud time in Canada,coz u got ur family there,lucky u:)

All the very best with ur job hunt process and hope to hear more success stories from u.

Regards
pearl2010

dided

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
many congratz indeed :) wish u all best in ur new country :)

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
bijupv007 said:
CONGRATS Ahmad :D :D

let all ur wises come true and Good luck always for the job hunting

See u after 2-3 months :D by the time as u said u will become a senior 8) to guide all of us

buddy a small question?? since u had a British licence, i know its done immdtly. but wht about guys who have a driving experience letter with more thn 2 yrs (in Gulf) i mean how many days it will take minimum.

God bless

Biju
hey Biju, cheers mate. ya middle east driving experience may not count here as Canada has licence resiprocal agreement with certain countries only. Its always good to keep your exp letter with you and bring that when you come over but I'm afraid you might have to go through the long procedure as every one else as fresh candidate i.e. written test, practical test for intercity driving anf practical test for highway driving which'll than give you full G licence.

Londonqtr

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
NOC Code......
4131- 4121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 09
Doc's Request.
May - 09
AOR Received.
Oct - 09
IELTS Request
Done my Ielts in Sept. and Sent after 120 days.
File Transfer...
Oct - 09
Med's Request
May 2010
Med's Done....
June 2010
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
15-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
Landed and Got the PR
Hello brother,
I am in Toronto now landed on 16th and today applied sin card
Need to talk to u send me your phone no. I am so very glad to see you sometimes if possible may be we can arrange a meeting sometimes somewhere. I will get my chatR mobile by tonight and will forward you my number. Looking forward for your reply.
Regards
Londonqtr