July 14, 2014 / PER received: November 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
PCC & RFRP requested: December 9, 2014
Med's Request
March 4, 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted on March 18, 2015 / 3rd line updated on March 24
Passport Req..
Copy of passport bio-pages request: April 21, 2015 / PPR: June 16, 2015 / passports submitted June 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 16, 2015 / received June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
August 4, 2015
Hey Everyone,

Congrats for all those who had updates within the last month…and wish them a speedy process ahead

I’ve been away from the forum for a while as I was experiencing the biggest turning point in my life
The landing experience :)

I’m finally settled, and I was keen on sharing that experience with you guys once I am able to

My husband and I landed on August 4th.

The landing process itself was unexpectedly easy and smooth…we were expecting a bit more complication to it than we experienced..
Since I will go into details, I will put titles so I won’t bore someone who is not interested in a certain stage but interested in the other…noting that many might not go through what we’ve been through since we knew no one in Toronto…it was only us…landing and figuring out everything on our own ;D

Airport experience:
As you all may have heard, there is a card you fill out on the plane…I think that’s the card that indicates to the first officer you encounter when he looks at it, what exactly is your situation… and you need an address to fill in..

The first officer is the one right after you get off the plane, so he’s for everyone not only newcomers, you show him the card and passports and COPR and inform him you are a newcomer so he would guide you to the next stage…because unlike other passengers, you’d have to go to the immigration department, which is supposed to be with all the complications..

We waited in the queue in Immigration.. and I’m not sure it’s the same for everyone, as I realized some other families were asked some questions or spent a little longer than we did on the counter….but when we reached the counter ourselves, the officer took our papers (COPR, passports, and the card we filled out on the plane) and just did some work on his computer and stamped our passports and told us where to go ! So not even one question ::) so anyways, he told us to go get our bags and then go to the customs department..

We had to pass by customs as a third stage because we had more than 10 000 in cash…I’m guessing if you do not have that much cash or you do not have any foods or things that you declare on that card you filled out, then you would not pass by customs…in customs too, I saw some families being questioned and their bags being put through the inspection machine…but since we did not declare anything in our bags, and we did not have a huge amount of money over 10 000, the customs just told us to exit…he just asked how much we have and said “that’s fine, you can exit from here” … at that time, the easy and smooth process made us think we still have many stages to go through but the exit was actually to the airport door ! We were surprised how fast that was

However, the terms we used to hear on the forum were not at all mentioned like “PR card” … “providing an address” ….applying for “SIN” at the airport…and we were not aware that the customs is the final stage, so we did not ask while we were there…..so once we found ourselves outside, we tried to ask if we can go back and make sure our PR cards were applied for and which address they will use…it was so difficult to go back to immigration or customs…and other sections of the airport had no idea what we are talking about…and when I finally found someone who knew about this to ask, she said there is no way you can go back and ask about that…your only solution now is just to go home, and visit the nearest immigration office near you later on to make sure what is the status of your landing and PR..

I called them later on, gave my file number, and it showed that my landing was actually complete…and that newcomers don’t actually apply for the PR card in the airport, it just arrives to them after a while from landing, automatically, that’s why it was not mentioned….but you would have to go online and change the address to the Canadian one you would like them to send the cards to….

OR simply ask the officers at the airport about that yourselves before exiting.. and avoid the loss we put ourselves in :p :p

After airport: hotel, bank, and phone numbers
We took a taxi from the airport to a hotel that we had reserved before we landed…taxis are available on the airport door, in sizes…we had to take a minivan which costs more than a normal car…cuz we had large luggage..

The taxi asked for about 70 CAD and we read on line that we had to give 15 CAD tip or something so we did
The first thing we started to do was look for a place to stay…cuz the hotel was expensive and we wanted to get out as soon as possible…our hotel cost was about 150 CAD per night…it wasn’t 5 stars or anything…I guess landing in the summer, this is the least rate of any decent hotel you’d find…

Phone lines and bank accounts were so easy…made it all on the same day of landing and reached them all by walking cuz they had branches everywhere near us

Near the hotel, we found a branch of TD bank, which we heard has a special ‘newcomers’ account offer…we opened a newcomers account easily…on the same day of landing to secure the cash we had…

Something good about TD bank with its ‘newcomers’ offer is that the offer comes with a credit card for 1000 CAD…it’s not the 1000 that’s great about this…it’s being able to start building your credit history from day 1 of your arrival…credit history will be necessary for every single thing for you in the future…and once you spend the 1000 and pay them back, this is the first step of building a good history…the bank employee advised us to get credit cards, and instead of spending from our money, use the credit and then paying it all back on time from our own money later on, which is good….PLUS, EVERYTHING in Canada asks for a credit card….you definitely should have one…it’s sometimes like an identification :p

To apply for the credit cards, we had to have SIN numbers.. we used google maps to find the nearest place to apply for a SIN…they also have this everywhere…inside malls and all.. it was more than easy to find…it’s called “Service Canada”

We also went to the nearest service Canada by walking…and we got a SIN number within 15 minutes max. ! We got it and applied for the credit card right away, like the next day or something…the credit cards needed 2 weeks to be issued…

Near the hotel too, there was a branch for one of the two major phone companies operating in Canada (Bell & Rogers) we preferred Rogers and that’s what we found a branch for…we got phone lines on the same day we landed…was so easy…if anyone has specific questions about that (the plans they have, the cost, and everything) I’m more than happy to answer.. but the thing to know is that you have to have another identification not only the passport to get a phone line…and COPR is not considered for that…we used our bank cards since we got them on the same day..

FOR BANK, PHONE, AND SIN, YOU NEED TO PROVIDE A CANADIAN ADDRESS

Looking for a residence
We started contacting real estate agents and some apartment leasing offices .. and when we went to check out the apartments they had available, we faced some obstacles:

1. Most apartments were not available around that time, they were all available after September 1st, even around October ! and we couldn’t stay in the hotel for that long
2. All of the landlords ask for an employment record or someone working to be a guarantor for us…and we had none of that :mad:
3. When you find what you want in terms of availability and location and conditions and all…you apply first, among others, and you will have to wait for the landlord to make a decision who he would like to give the apartment to .... it might not be you :p

So anyways, with regards to the employment thing, we started explaining to them the situation on the phone before we go…because for apartments, it wasn’t always possible to go walking…we used the TTC, which is the light train used on the street, not the big subway underground….and it’s 3 CAD per person for one ride..

Once we explained the situation, some landlords started asking if we have bank accounts showing that we have enough money to cover the rent…as an alternative for an employment record…luckily we did…they required a bank statement … so my advice is for everyone to head to the bank once they arrive

We applied for several apartments that suit us…and waited till one of them got approved…

In order to reserve that apartment and not let anyone compete with me on it, I actually made the first payment (which is usually first and last month)…

And YES, I made the payment before even knowing they approved my application or not :-[

But they actually don’t accept cash…they take a certified cheque…they give you a copy signed and declared that they received it…and they will not cash it unless your application is approved…but this way, they would stop showing the apartment to others..

Like other apartments, this one is also available on Sep.1, but they said we can move in by August 15 and we would have to pay a pre-payment or something for the extra 15 days…but on daily basis, it’s less than the hotel price…cuz they calculate it from the apartment monthly cost…so we went with that option paid extra and moved in on August 15..

The apartment is not furnished, but it has a fridge, oven, and dishwasher inside it…and a laundry room, gym, and pool inside the building as a whole.. so for basics, we only needed a sofa bed :D

After settling + starting the job hunting
Once we got an address, we changed our friend’s address at the bank, phone company, Service Canada, and changed the PR card address online…

In order to get basics to the empty apartment, we rented a car…(they require credit card for renting a car) got basic stuff…and did some shopping, bought a laptop in order to start job hunting….and went to the same phone company we registered with (Rogers) and added an internet line for the house

Of course our daily responsibilities were eased by us exploring the beautiful city…it’s amazing 8) 8)

This whole journey was from August 4th till about August 20th…that’s when we actually sat down and started job hunting
Sent a couple of resumes….the deadlines for the openings are mostly end of August so can’t till if anything is working yet….will keep you guys updated

BEST OF LUCK for ALL ;)

Jubair Azaz

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
1123 (Professional in Advertising, Marketing & PR)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
Doc's Request.
08-07-2015 (RPRF & PP Bio Page)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
20-05-2015
Med's Request
08-07-2015
Med's Done....
12-07-2015
Passport Req..
25-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2016 (Tentative Flying Date)
congrats for becoming a pr in canada and thanks for sharing your experience in simple yet detailed and resourceful writing...

mona.awwad said:
Hey Everyone,

Congrats for all those who had updates within the last month...and wish them a speedy process ahead

I've been away from the forum for a while as I was experiencing the biggest turning point in my life

I'm finally settled, and I was keen on sharing that experience with you guys once I am able to

This whole journey was from August 4th till about August 20th...that's when we actually sat down and started job hunting
Sent a couple of resumes....the deadlines for the openings are mostly end of August so can't till if anything is working yet....will keep you guys updated

BEST OF LUCK for ALL ;)

zaidka

Jan 6, 2015
Thanks for sharing. It clarified many things for me. I'll go through it again once I get the visa.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
There is no obligation to tip at all......to any taxi in Canada.
It's purely upto the customer if they want to tip or not. Driver cannot force you to tip.

Don't fall for scams like that. Be careful

DocHasan

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO-RIH
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
PER 21-01-2015
Nomination.....
SLU 21/8/15
File Transfer...
TLU on 24/9/15 about File Transfer to LVO
Med's Request
& RPRF on 26/10/15
Med's Done....
5/11/15
So nice of you to take the time out for sharing this. Prayers and +1

blacky

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
03-08-15 comp.reg. docs & salary acc stmt
Nomination.....
03-02-15
AOR Received.
03-03-15
IELTS Request
sent with Apps
File Transfer...
16-7-16 bank statement verification
Med's Request
23-02-17
Med's Done....
06-03-17
Interview........
2-5-17 RPRF+Pcc+pof+updated forms
Passport Req..
7-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
21-8-17
LANDED..........
october 2017
Thanks for sharing,hoping to have this landing experience soon.

Xavier Sharma

Jan 29, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney > London VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Payment 12-02-15
Nomination.....
09-03-15 PER
AOR Received.
N/A with LVO
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
26-06-2015 TLU 11-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2015
LANDED..........
This is where dream becomes real!!
mona.awwad said:
Hey Everyone,

Congrats for all those who had updates within the last month...and wish them a speedy process ahead

I've been away from the forum for a while as I was experiencing the biggest turning point in my life

I'm finally settled, and I was keen on sharing that experience with you guys once I am able to

The landing process itself was unexpectedly easy and smooth...we were expecting a bit more complication to it than we experienced..
Since I will go into details, I will put titles so I won't bore someone who is not interested in a certain stage but interested in the other...noting that many might not go through what we've been through since we knew no one in Toronto...it was only us...landing and figuring out everything on our own ;D

Airport experience:
As you all may have heard, there is a card you fill out on the plane...I think that's the card that indicates to the first officer you encounter when he looks at it, what exactly is your situation... and you need an address to fill in..

The first officer is the one right after you get off the plane, so he's for everyone not only newcomers, you show him the card and passports and COPR and inform him you are a newcomer so he would guide you to the next stage...because unlike other passengers, you'd have to go to the immigration department, which is supposed to be with all the complications..

We waited in the queue in Immigration.. and I'm not sure it's the same for everyone, as I realized some other families were asked some questions or spent a little longer than we did on the counter....but when we reached the counter ourselves, the officer took our papers (COPR, passports, and the card we filled out on the plane) and just did some work on his computer and stamped our passports and told us where to go ! So not even one question ::) so anyways, he told us to go get our bags and then go to the customs department..

We had to pass by customs as a third stage because we had more than 10 000 in cash...I'm guessing if you do not have that much cash or you do not have any foods or things that you declare on that card you filled out, then you would not pass by customs...in customs too, I saw some families being questioned and their bags being put through the inspection machine...but since we did not declare anything in our bags, and we did not have a huge amount of money over 10 000, the customs just told us to exit...he just asked how much we have and said “that's fine, you can exit from here” ... at that time, the easy and smooth process made us think we still have many stages to go through but the exit was actually to the airport door ! We were surprised how fast that was

However, the terms we used to hear on the forum were not at all mentioned like “PR card” ... “providing an address” ....applying for “SIN” at the airport...and we were not aware that the customs is the final stage, so we did not ask while we were there.....so once we found ourselves outside, we tried to ask if we can go back and make sure our PR cards were applied for and which address they will use...it was so difficult to go back to immigration or customs...and other sections of the airport had no idea what we are talking about...and when I finally found someone who knew about this to ask, she said there is no way you can go back and ask about that...your only solution now is just to go home, and visit the nearest immigration office near you later on to make sure what is the status of your landing and PR..

I called them later on, gave my file number, and it showed that my landing was actually complete...and that newcomers don't actually apply for the PR card in the airport, it just arrives to them after a while from landing, automatically, that's why it was not mentioned....but you would have to go online and change the address to the Canadian one you would like them to send the cards to....

OR simply ask the officers at the airport about that yourselves before exiting.. and avoid the loss we put ourselves in :p :p

After airport: hotel, bank, and phone numbers
We took a taxi from the airport to a hotel that we had reserved before we landed...taxis are available on the airport door, in sizes...we had to take a minivan which costs more than a normal car...cuz we had large luggage..

The taxi asked for about 70 CAD and we read on line that we had to give 15 CAD tip or something so we did
The first thing we started to do was look for a place to stay...cuz the hotel was expensive and we wanted to get out as soon as possible...our hotel cost was about 150 CAD per night...it wasn't 5 stars or anything...I guess landing in the summer, this is the least rate of any decent hotel you'd find...

Phone lines and bank accounts were so easy...made it all on the same day of landing and reached them all by walking cuz they had branches everywhere near us

Near the hotel, we found a branch of TD bank, which we heard has a special ‘newcomers' account offer...we opened a newcomers account easily...on the same day of landing to secure the cash we had...

Something good about TD bank with its ‘newcomers' offer is that the offer comes with a credit card for 1000 CAD...it's not the 1000 that's great about this...it's being able to start building your credit history from day 1 of your arrival...credit history will be necessary for every single thing for you in the future...and once you spend the 1000 and pay them back, this is the first step of building a good history...the bank employee advised us to get credit cards, and instead of spending from our money, use the credit and then paying it all back on time from our own money later on, which is good....PLUS, EVERYTHING in Canada asks for a credit card....you definitely should have one...it's sometimes like an identification :p

To apply for the credit cards, we had to have SIN numbers.. we used google maps to find the nearest place to apply for a SIN...they also have this everywhere...inside malls and all.. it was more than easy to find...it's called “Service Canada”

We also went to the nearest service Canada by walking...and we got a SIN number within 15 minutes max. ! We got it and applied for the credit card right away, like the next day or something...the credit cards needed 2 weeks to be issued...

Near the hotel too, there was a branch for one of the two major phone companies operating in Canada (Bell & Rogers) we preferred Rogers and that's what we found a branch for...we got phone lines on the same day we landed...was so easy...if anyone has specific questions about that (the plans they have, the cost, and everything) I'm more than happy to answer.. but the thing to know is that you have to have another identification not only the passport to get a phone line...and COPR is not considered for that...we used our bank cards since we got them on the same day..

FOR BANK, PHONE, AND SIN, YOU NEED TO PROVIDE A CANADIAN ADDRESS

Looking for a residence
We started contacting real estate agents and some apartment leasing offices .. and when we went to check out the apartments they had available, we faced some obstacles:

1. Most apartments were not available around that time, they were all available after September 1st, even around October ! and we couldn't stay in the hotel for that long
2. All of the landlords ask for an employment record or someone working to be a guarantor for us...and we had none of that :mad:
3. When you find what you want in terms of availability and location and conditions and all...you apply first, among others, and you will have to wait for the landlord to make a decision who he would like to give the apartment to .... it might not be you :p

So anyways, with regards to the employment thing, we started explaining to them the situation on the phone before we go...because for apartments, it wasn't always possible to go walking...we used the TTC, which is the light train used on the street, not the big subway underground....and it's 3 CAD per person for one ride..

Once we explained the situation, some landlords started asking if we have bank accounts showing that we have enough money to cover the rent...as an alternative for an employment record...luckily we did...they required a bank statement ... so my advice is for everyone to head to the bank once they arrive

We applied for several apartments that suit us...and waited till one of them got approved...

In order to reserve that apartment and not let anyone compete with me on it, I actually made the first payment (which is usually first and last month)...

And YES, I made the payment before even knowing they approved my application or not :-[

But they actually don't accept cash...they take a certified cheque...they give you a copy signed and declared that they received it...and they will not cash it unless your application is approved...but this way, they would stop showing the apartment to others..

Like other apartments, this one is also available on Sep.1, but they said we can move in by August 15 and we would have to pay a pre-payment or something for the extra 15 days...but on daily basis, it's less than the hotel price...cuz they calculate it from the apartment monthly cost...so we went with that option paid extra and moved in on August 15..

The apartment is not furnished, but it has a fridge, oven, and dishwasher inside it...and a laundry room, gym, and pool inside the building as a whole.. so for basics, we only needed a sofa bed :D

After settling + starting the job hunting
Once we got an address, we changed our friend's address at the bank, phone company, Service Canada, and changed the PR card address online...

In order to get basics to the empty apartment, we rented a car...(they require credit card for renting a car) got basic stuff...and did some shopping, bought a laptop in order to start job hunting....and went to the same phone company we registered with (Rogers) and added an internet line for the house

Of course our daily responsibilities were eased by us exploring the beautiful city...it's amazing 8) 8)

This whole journey was from August 4th till about August 20th...that's when we actually sat down and started job hunting
Sent a couple of resumes....the deadlines for the openings are mostly end of August so can't till if anything is working yet....will keep you guys updated

BEST OF LUCK for ALL ;)

Hi

This was very informative and well detailed so thank you for sharing thatwith us all.

At any point were you asked for Proof of funds?

Good luck with your job hunt!

Congrats

meemee

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
12-01-2015
Med's Done....
22-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
@Mona.Awwad,

Many thanks for sharing your landing experience...we look forward to season 1 episode 2!.... ;D

perukulla

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-02-2015
Med's Request
28-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2015
LANDED..........
09-09-2015
Thanks for sharing so detailed information +1 to you. Wish a you all the best and grace of god you will definitely find a great job.
Where can we check the PR card status and even change the address. Once we change the address it will be delivered to the new address one has updated.
yes as some one asked, at any point of time have you been asked to show POF?

mona.awwad

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
March 4, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Copy of passport bio-pages request: April 21, 2015 / PPR: June 16, 2015 / passports submitted June 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 4, 2015
Thank you all for the kind words...

and sorry for going into so small details .... everyone who knows me suffers from how much I talk :p :p so hope I wasn't boring !

canvis2006 said:
There is no obligation to tip at all......to any taxi in Canada.
It's purely upto the customer if they want to tip or not. Driver cannot force you to tip.

Don't fall for scams like that. Be careful
Yes, I know...just to be clear...he did NOT ask for tip...no one forced us...it was just something that we thought is a cultural thing...so we did it...maybe to feel we are already Canadian ;D but thanks for the advice...don't worry, hopefully we will not fall for any scams :)

Xavier Sharma said:
Hi

This was very informative and well detailed so thank you for sharing thatwith us all.

At any point were you asked for Proof of funds?

Good luck with your job hunt!

Congrats
I was not asked to show the POF at all..I was only asked if I'm carrying more than 10 000 CAD in cash with me...but no one asked to see any proof that I am

meemee said:
@ Mona.Awwad,

Many thanks for sharing your landing experience...we look forward to season 1 episode 2!.... ;D
I like this season 1 ep.2 :D :D It makes me want to write it so bad...will do so soon, after I collect more detailed experiences to bore you with :p

perukulla said:
Thanks for sharing so detailed information +1 to you. Wish a you all the best and grace of god you will definitely find a great job.
Where can we check the PR card status and even change the address. Once we change the address it will be delivered to the new address one has updated.
yes as some one asked, at any point of time have you been asked to show POF?
Thanks so much for the kind wishes ^_^

You can check the PR status on the same website we check the ecas on

which is this one:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp

...it's just that you go to another link on that website...and it also has an option "change your address"...when you click on "my application", you'll find that "change my address" option...

After you change it, yes, the PR card should be delivered to your new address...within 80 :mad: that's a long time, but yeah, that's the new waiting time for the PR card not only 6 weeks, but 80 days

and no, I was not asked to show POF at all

mona.awwad

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
March 4, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 4, 2015
I also forgot to share the experience of applying for a health card..

It's easy to find a place to apply at...they have branches everywhere too...when you get your SIN at the Service Canada, they will give you all the contact information of where to apply for the health card...

I want to share this because we had to go twice, due to the fact that we did not know what documents we had to take with us...and I also realized another family had to go back again....

Apparently no one knows that when you apply for the health card, you have to show proof that you are a resident in Ontario (or whichever province you're in) by providing a leasing contract, meaning the contract you sign when you rent your apartment, and it has to be with your name ... meaning that you have to have a residence rented by you, and not staying at someone else's residence...and also there is an application you fill out for the health card...you get it from the same place you will apply at

When we signed our contract, we went and applied, and they said that the health card will be delivered to our address sometime around next November..

Another thing to share is that since in the original application my husband did not write his middle name (father's name), but he wrote it in the application of the health card, so we received a letter from the Health Department saying that there is a difference in the name on the COPR and the name provided to the department, so we had to send them a scanned copy of the COPR so they would make sure the information is accurate and fix it...so make sure you write the same exact name

This is the trailer of the second episode :p :p

SANDALWOOD

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
---
thanks for sharing such helpful information in detail...

I will wait for other episodes too...

Loom

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am just so happy you are here now :))

sunil_k_gupta

Aug 11, 2014
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mona,
After your landing in canada, after how many days your ECAS status had been changed to "Complete" from "Decision made"?

bindudhiman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-07-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
05-08-2015
Med's Request
09-08-2015
Med's Done....
11-08-2015
Interview........
TLU 14-10-2015
Passport Req..
01-12-2015 hurrayyy..
Which city did you land ?? If you want to share plz
[
:)quote :) :) author=mona.awwad link=topic=347351.msg4608438#msg4608438 date=1441217898]
I also forgot to share the experience of applying for a health card..

It's easy to find a place to apply at...they have branches everywhere too...when you get your SIN at the Service Canada, they will give you all the contact information of where to apply for the health card...

I want to share this because we had to go twice, due to the fact that we did not know what documents we had to take with us...and I also realized another family had to go back again....

Apparently no one knows that when you apply for the health card, you have to show proof that you are a resident in Ontario (or whichever province you're in) by providing a leasing contract, meaning the contract you sign when you rent your apartment, and it has to be with your name ... meaning that you have to have a residence rented by you, and not staying at someone else's residence...and also there is an application you fill out for the health card...you get it from the same place you will apply at

When we signed our contract, we went and applied, and they said that the health card will be delivered to our address sometime around next November..

Another thing to share is that since in the original application my husband did not write his middle name (father's name), but he wrote it in the application of the health card, so we received a letter from the Health Department saying that there is a difference in the name on the COPR and the name provided to the department, so we had to send them a scanned copy of the COPR so they would make sure the information is accurate and fix it...so make sure you write the same exact name

This is the trailer of the second episode :p :p
[/quote]