Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with the documents
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this forum for last three years and it has given me tremendous support specially in the waiting time. Now it is my turn to share the experience with our wonderful community.

I am a May 2010 FSW1 applicant and landed on 26th March 2013.

I landed at Toronto Pearson International Airport on 26th March 2013 after 22 hrs of long flight and waiting time. There was passport/visa/PR Card checking at the exit. Officer checked my passport and visa stamp and asked me to go for the immigration check.

The weather was quite cold (-3 cel.). It was a bit long walk from the terminal to Immigration Section and there were two queues at the immigration check

1. Canadian Resident
2. Visitors

I was told to join the Visitors queue. After 15 minutes of waiting in the queue I went to see the immigration officer.

I-Officer - Passport and landing form and Purpose of your visit
Me - I am migrating today.
I-Officer - Show me your COPR
Me - I showed him my COPR
After two minutes of checking my passport, landing form and COPR, he wrote something in my Landing form and returned everything back to me.
I-Officer - Welcome to Canada

That was it, I was bit surprised - I thought, I should be asked to go to New Immigrant section (as other seniors have mentioned it in their experience). Anyway, there was another queue where the officer was checking the landing forms and collecting it. I asked her if I have to go to New Immigration Section, she showed me the way to it and collected my Landing form. It was a quite office. There were around 7-8 officers but I was the only one as a new immigrant. I was standing by the stop sign and after 30 sec I was called by one of the officer.

I-Officer - Show me your papers
Me - Handed my Passport and COPR
I-Officer - Local address to send your PR card
Me - I gave him the address
I-Officer - How much money I am carrying
Me - I showed him my Banker's Draft and some cash.
He wrote the same info on COPR letter (Which he retained) and return my COPR copy and asked me to go to New Immigrant Information window which was just opposite from where I was standing.

I was greeted by this person(not an officer). Please show me your COPR letter, which I did and he entered the info in to his log book. He started explaining things like Medical info, YMCA and gave me the information guides in the handbag then he asked me to go to see another person by the exit who will explain me about my SIN application.

This person also greeted me and started explaining about SIN application and information then she showed me the way to collect my bags.

After collecting my bags, I was told by the officer at the exit to go to Customs. Aah, here it was a bit long queue, I waited for 25-30 minutes then it was my turn.

I-Officer - Please show me your passport and papers
Me - Handed over the paper to him.
I-Officer - Please give me the list of the goods/stuffs i am carrying with me and the list of the goods to follow.
Me - I gave him the B4 form (laptop information), but then he corrected me as i have not written the cloths and other stuffs which i was carrying(shoes etc.) in the form. He gave me another form and asked me to write everything in that with approximate value.

Note to fellow members:- Please write all the stuffs you want to carry to Canada including cloths, shoes, books.

Officer entered the details in his system and stamped my goods to follow list with pictures(Jewelry and laptop) and asked me to keep it safe if i want to avoid any import duty on them.

Me - I showed him my banker's Draft again which he verified in his system and greeted me - Welcome to Canada.

That was it - I came out of the exit where my sister, brother-in-law and my two beautiful niece were waiting for me.

-------------- **** ------------- **** ------------ **** -----------

The next day, I went for SIN application which was straight forward and it took only 15 minutes to complete.

Note:- No need to feel up any SIN application forms as they will enter all the details from the Landing Papers(COPR) and the small information form which they will give you at the center where you have write about your parents name and surname.

I hope that, this information will be helpful to others.

KvedV

samoo

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
issued
Thank you and good luck :)

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
Thanks a lot for sharing. Really self explanatory and easy to follow. All the best in your new home.

Sujaselvaraj

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
VISA ISSUED...
received VISA on 11.2.2013
LANDED..........
April 30,2013
kvedv said:
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this forum for last three years and it has given me tremendous support specially in the waiting time. Now it is my turn to share the experience with our wonderful community.

I landed at Toronto Pearson International Airport on 26th March 2013 after 22 hrs of long flight and waiting time. There was passport/visa/PR Card checking at the exit. Officer checked my passport and visa stamp and asked me to go for the immigration check.

The weather was quite cold (-3 cel.). It was a bit long walk from the terminal to Immigration Section and there were two queues at the immigration check

1. Canadian Resident
2. Visitors

I was told to join the Visitors queue. After 15 minutes of waiting in the queue I went to see the immigration officer.

After two minutes of checking my passport, landing form and COPR, he wrote something in my Landing form and returned everything back to me.

That was it, I was bit surprised - I thought, I should be asked to go to New Immigrant section (as other seniors have mentioned it in their experience). Anyway, there was another queue where the officer was checking the landing forms and collecting it. I asked her if I have to go to New Immigration Section, she showed me the way to it and collected my Landing form. It was a quite office. There were around 7-8 officers but I was the only one as a new immigrant. I was standing by the stop sign and after 30 sec I was called by one of the officer.

He wrote the same info on COPR letter (Which he retained) and return my COPR copy and asked me to go to New Immigrant Information window which was just opposite from where I was standing.

I was greeted by this person(not an officer). Please show me your COPR letter, which I did and he entered the info in to his log book. He started explaining things like Medical info, YMCA and gave me the information guides in the handbag then he asked me to go to see another person by the exit who will explain me about my SIN application.

This person also greeted me and started explaining about SIN application and information then she showed me the way to collect my bags.

After collecting my bags, I was told by the officer at the exit to go to Customs. Aah, here it was a bit long queue, I waited for 25-30 minutes then it was my turn.

I-Officer - Please give me the list of the goods/stuffs i am carrying with me and the list of the goods to follow.
Me - I gave him the B4 form (laptop information), but then he corrected me as i have not written the cloths and other stuffs which i was carrying(shoes etc.) in the form. He gave me another form and asked me to write everything in that with approximate value.

Note to fellow members:- Please write all the stuffs you want to carry to Canada including cloths, shoes, books.

Officer entered the details in his system and stamped my goods to follow list with pictures(Jewelry and laptop) and asked me to keep it safe if i want to avoid any import duty on them.

Me - I showed him my banker's Draft again which he verified in his system and greeted me - Welcome to Canada.

That was it - I came out of the exit where my sister, brother-in-law and my two beautiful niece were waiting for me.

The next day, I went for SIN application which was straight forward and it took only 15 minutes to complete.

Note:- No need to feel up any SIN application forms as they will enter all the details from the Landing Papers(COPR) and the small information form which they will give you at the center where you have write about your parents name and surname.

KvedV

Nicely explained ... informative

sonyaadnan

Star Member
Dec 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
PER: 14-08-14
IELTS Request
sent with application
well explained... Thank u and good luck.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
kvedv said:
Hi Everyone,

1. Canadian Resident
2. Visitors

KvedV
congratulations for safe landing and thanks for sharing your experience.

mobe

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations ;)

Your landing experience is quite helpful for others who are planning to Land. It will be great if you will keep on sharing experiences of initial days particularly related to job search. I wish you good luck.

Thanks,

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello Sujaselvaraj

First of all congrats for getting VISA.........one of my friend has also apply in NOC 4131 in 2010 and before few days he has send his all documents including Medical Proof, PP, PCC, Add. Form and Visa Fees.......can u tell me how many days did they take to issue visa? at present his status is "MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED"........from beginning till end u were in same job or u have change it? if u have change then u have done job in same category? does it make any different if we change the job and category?.......after medical they have ask anything about ur job? pls do reply as my friend has also apply under 4131

When r u planning to land?

Thanks

kvedv

Star Member
May 14, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with the documents
mobe said:
Congratulations ;)

Your landing experience is quite helpful for others who are planning to Land. It will be great if you will keep on sharing experiences of initial days particularly related to job search. I wish you good luck.

Thanks,
[size=10pt]Thank you all for your good wishes. [/size]

@ mobe - I am an IT professional and working for the same company for the last 2 years and will be continuing with them.

KvedV

Sujaselvaraj

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 30,2013
Dear pritish1180

Thank you for your wishes.....
I send my papers on December 5th and it took two months to receive my visa. My status directly changed from in process to decision made. From the beginning till the end i have been in the same job(till now). I'm planning to leave on 30th April by British Airways.

Hope I answer all ur questions..
Advance wishes to your friend...
SujaSelvaraj

pritishah1180 said:
Hello Sujaselvaraj

First of all congrats for getting VISA.........one of my friend has also apply in NOC 4131 in 2010 and before few days he has send his all documents including Medical Proof, PP, PCC, Add. Form and Visa Fees.......can u tell me how many days did they take to issue visa? at present his status is "MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED"........from beginning till end u were in same job or u have change it? if u have change then u have done job in same category? does it make any different if we change the job and category?.......after medical they have ask anything about ur job? pls do reply as my friend has also apply under 4131

When r u planning to land?

Thanks

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Congrats dear, and welcome to CANADA ..!!

Cheers...

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello Sujaselvaraj

sorry for disturbing u again......but i did not got reply of my 1 question is that THEY HAD ASK ANYTHING REGARDING YOUR JOB AFTER MEDICAL? friend this was my main question to u as my friend has change his job so he is confused....... does it make any problem if we change job?

jaydipal

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kvedv,

Congrats and thnx for sharing my information.
This will help me.

Sujaselvaraj

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 30,2013
Dear pritishah1180
No, They had not asked about my job because I had no interviews with the NDVO. I don't know about the change of job. But I don't think it'll be a problem.

Suja Selvaraj
pritishah1180 said:
Hello Sujaselvaraj

sorry for disturbing u again......but i did not got reply of my 1 question is that THEY HAD ASK ANYTHING REGARDING YOUR JOB AFTER MEDICAL? friend this was my main question to u as my friend has change his job so he is confused....... does it make any problem if we change job?