+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Landing Experience - NOv 30th -2009

balakri

Star Member
May 16, 2009
My Landing Experience:

Here are a few items of relevance when I landed into Canada on Nov-30th – 2009

I took taken route via dubai. I had flown in the Emirates New A300 flight. Good entertainment/food/ and drink. Had a stopover of 7 hrs. Literally biting the nails for the plane to take off and complete the landing process. After the take and some time before landing we were filling in the sheet which is used to declare the any firearms or dangerous item and if we have more than 10,000/- CAD. I started filling in the DOB is dd.mm.yyyy since the lighting was not good filled in as dd.mm.yy so had to redo all the things again. One major point was that vegetarians had to inform before hand because most of the food is Non-Veg which might cause some problems. So when booking the ticket its advisable to specify the food preference. In between the pen stopped writing then had to borrow a pen from the air hostess. She was doubtful if I would give the pen back to her since previously lot of people had borrowed and then had forgotten or not returned the pen. So said I would give it back and then took the pen from her. Filled up all the relevant fields. Went though it 2/3 times to make sure I made no mistakes and then gave back the pen to the lady. Reminded her that not every one is same and smiled.

Now when we were about to land was looking around and did not see any tall rise building and not much of traffic. I landed at about 4.30 in the afternoon. There was not much of traffic when we landed only our flight was there. So got the luggage and then went and stood in the first immigration counter and was waiting for my turn. When I went up to them and said I am doing the initial landing they waved me though to the second line and then again in line for my turn and again when I said I am doing the initial landing they waved me through to the third line. Here was the actual line. There are about 6/7 windows and depending on the crowd the immigration office are present. On this day there was only one officer. She was quite young. She just asked me where I am staying and I gave a pre printed address she copied that and said the PR card would be mailed to the given address. She then asked how much funds I was carrying and I told her about 11500/- CAD. She wrote that in the landing papers and waved me though. NOTHING MUCH.

Then I was greeted by another person who gave me loads of paper and pamphlets which described what I need to do when I go about doing anything for the first time.

The two important things that need to be done are the SIN card. Go to the nearest city center and there we can find the local govt offie and apply for the SIN card. We need to carry the original passport and the Landing papers since these are mandatory for the SIN no to be issued. I had to wait for 45 minutes and then she printed out the SIN no in a white paper and said this is the SIN card no and it will be mailed to my mailing address in the next 10 days. As committed by her I got the SIN card in 10 days.

The next important work is the bank account opening. It’s a very simple process. Normally we need to take a appointment to open a account. But once you say you are a New immigrant and have substantial cash/bond/draft to deposit the MAGIC doors opens and you can create the account. I guess money speaks in all the languages. (Hahaha)

They also apply for a credit card on arrival. Tell them you want a card with a maximum limit of 1000 CAD so that you are able to start with the credit history and then go on from there. Then they give you the bank card and its access number and also tell you the usage of the card. One important point is that they charge to keep the money in the account. I opened with Scotia bank and they are charging 4.99 CAD per month to maintain the money. This is applicable in case the balance goes down below 2000 CAD. This when negotiated with the bank it can be waived off. In my case it was waived off for one year.

Best wishes for all. Everything is achevable in right time and place. We just have to wait.

farmer

Jan 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2009
Doc's Request.
21-05-2009
AOR Received.
21-05-2009
IELTS Request
21-05-2009
File Transfer...
07-08-2009
Med's Request
10-11-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
10-11-2009
Thanks for sharing ur experiance with us... :D

Louay

Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London-UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sir:
THX first of all to share us those information.
I have a question for u:
WERE U ALONE OR WITH UR SPOUSE????
11500CAD AS FUNDS,U SAID THAT THE OFFICER JUST WROTE THAT AND LEFT U,,,,,,DO U MEAN THAT THEY DON'T CARE IF THE FUNDS ARE AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE IMMIGRATION REGULATION DEPENDING ON THE NUMBERS OF THE FAMILY'S MEMBERS????
PLZ HELP BY UR ANSWER.
THX A LOT

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Louay,

The officer at the POE may check or maynot... it's however a regulation of landing scrutiny that the new immigrant MUST carry the POF. So, one can't take chances with that.

Regards.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
balakri said:
My Landing Experience:

I took taken route via dubai. I had flown in the Emirates New A300 flight. Good entertainment/food/ and drink. Had a stopover of 7 hrs. Literally biting the nails for the plane to take off and complete the landing process. After the take and some time before landing we were filling in the sheet which is used to declare the any firearms or dangerous item and if we have more than 10,000/- CAD. I started filling in the DOB is dd.mm.yyyy since the lighting was not good filled in as dd.mm.yy so had to redo all the things again. One major point was that vegetarians had to inform before hand because most of the food is Non-Veg which might cause some problems. So when booking the ticket its advisable to specify the food preference. In between the pen stopped writing then had to borrow a pen from the air hostess. She was doubtful if I would give the pen back to her since previously lot of people had borrowed and then had forgotten or not returned the pen. So said I would give it back and then took the pen from her. Filled up all the relevant fields. Went though it 2/3 times to make sure I made no mistakes and then gave back the pen to the lady. Reminded her that not every one is same and smiled.

Now when we were about to land was looking around and did not see any tall rise building and not much of traffic. I landed at about 4.30 in the afternoon. There was not much of traffic when we landed only our flight was there. So got the luggage and then went and stood in the first immigration counter and was waiting for my turn. When I went up to them and said I am doing the initial landing they waved me though to the second line and then again in line for my turn and again when I said I am doing the initial landing they waved me through to the third line. Here was the actual line. There are about 6/7 windows and depending on the crowd the immigration office are present. On this day there was only one officer. She was quite young. She just asked me where I am staying and I gave a pre printed address she copied that and said the PR card would be mailed to the given address. She then asked how much funds I was carrying and I told her about 11500/- CAD. She wrote that in the landing papers and waved me though. NOTHING MUCH.

Then I was greeted by another person who gave me loads of paper and pamphlets which described what I need to do when I go about doing anything for the first time.

The two important things that need to be done are the SIN card. Go to the nearest city center and there we can find the local govt offie and apply for the SIN card. We need to carry the original passport and the Landing papers since these are mandatory for the SIN no to be issued. I had to wait for 45 minutes and then she printed out the SIN no in a white paper and said this is the SIN card no and it will be mailed to my mailing address in the next 10 days. As committed by her I got the SIN card in 10 days.

The next important work is the bank account opening. It's a very simple process. Normally we need to take a appointment to open a account. But once you say you are a New immigrant and have substantial cash/bond/draft to deposit the MAGIC doors opens and you can create the account. I guess money speaks in all the languages. (Hahaha)

They also apply for a credit card on arrival. Tell them you want a card with a maximum limit of 1000 CAD so that you are able to start with the credit history and then go on from there. Then they give you the bank card and its access number and also tell you the usage of the card. One important point is that they charge to keep the money in the account. I opened with Scotia bank and they are charging 4.99 CAD per month to maintain the money. This is applicable in case the balance goes down below 2000 CAD. This when negotiated with the bank it can be waived off. In my case it was waived off for one year.

Best wishes for all. Everything is achevable in right time and place. We just have to wait.
G8, where are u staying..
Hoz is canada...., people

jalams2000

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 July, 2005
Med's Done....
18 Nov. 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Nice post. Thanks balakri for your input. This will help us all the ways. Best wishes for your new life in Canada.

Regards.

sifarsen

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC,ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Apr 08
Doc's Request.
21 Apr 09
Med's Request
06 Nov 09
Med's Done....
08 Dec 09
Passport Req..
06 Nov 09
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 09
LANDED..........
04 June 10
balakri said:
My Landing Experience:

The next important work is the bank account opening. It's a very simple process. Normally we need to take a appointment to open a account. But once you say you are a New immigrant and have substantial cash/bond/draft to deposit the MAGIC doors opens and you can create the account. I guess money speaks in all the languages. (Hahaha)

Thanks for the informative post...really a knowledgable one...Good luck for ur life in canada...can u suggest some good hotel in downtown...a decent one but not much expensive...Peace

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Thanx a lot for your detailed thread... All the best

Satish

Hopeful Canadian

Star Member
Jul 11, 2008
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010 RCVD: 13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
20-07-2011 L8.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0
Med's Request
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
balakri said:
My Landing Experience:

Congratulations....

That was a very informative and really detailed post. However I did'nt see you mention any city or state where you did ur landing.

Would you please add to to the valuable info you gave.

Always Hopeful

Hopeful Canadian

msohail

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
hello
thx for information that u share
plz do me favour and email me the letters that u submit to embassy regarding your work experience,and any other letter is required to submit regarding proof of experience.
i will be thankful to u
email address is msohail007@hotmail.com
thx

duggalca

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
Hi,

I am also flying to Canada in the Ist Week of Feb, i am planning to land at Edmonton but my Flight goes through Frankfurt to Toronto to Edmonton, then where i need to complete all immigration formalities, at Toronto or at Edmonton. At Toronto there is 2 hours halt, can i complete the process in 2 hours, whether i need to carry all my baggage there for check up and again handle over to the airways for Edmonton.And one more thing how much time will they take for the whole process. Please do advise

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi dugga,
do you already have a place to stay at edmonton?

I've noticed people looking for hotels. Is it not possible to make apartment reservations prior flying to Canada?

balakri

Star Member
May 16, 2009
Hi All,

For all people landing from india or from countries where the currency is multiplier i would suggest go in for a Paying guest accomodation. PF cost works out to 20/30 dollors per day. This info can be found in lot of sites. These are less expensive than hotels and you have a person to talk to(Meaning the house owner) who can really help you in the first couple of days. Hotels are more expensive. They charge anywhere upwards of 40/50 Dollors per day. Stay in the PG for a week or so and then look out for your accomodation based on the requirement.

Regards
Bala