Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shubash said:
Would you please help me for Vancouver als

Thanks

Shubash
Hi,

Shubash,

At present I don't have the list for Vancouver Jab Fairs or Hiring Events. If I will get, I will post here for you.
May you can check these links it will help you to check the events in the city and BC province.

http://www.gov.bc.ca/

http://vancouver.ca/

Best regards,

hmisabpk

shubash

May 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th Nov'2009
Doc's Request.
6th Feb,2010
AOR Received.
10th December
File Transfer...
Feb'2010
Med's Request
28th June,2010
Med's Done....
27th July,2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
27th July,2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
not decided
hmisabpk said:
Hi,

Shubash,

At present I don't have the list for Vancouver Jab Fairs or Hiring Events. If I will get, I will post here for you.
May you can check these links it will help you to check the events in the city and BC province.

http://www.gov.bc.ca/

http://vancouver.ca/
hmisabpk

Great ! Thanks a ton!

Would you please suggest me one reliable settlement agency also ...

Thanks

Shubash

Best regards,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shubash said:
Great ! Thanks a ton!

Would you please suggest me one reliable settlement agency also ...

Thanks

Shubash

Hi, Shubash

There are many settlement agencies are helping the newcomer in settlement process. as I mentioned in my previous post I have info about Ontario and Toronto (GTA).

I am sure there are similar or more settlement agencies in BC & Vancouver, Please visit any near by Neighborhood office or Library you will get the settlement counsellor for newcomer and many more informations about housing, education, health care, Jobs etc...

hope it helps

best regards

hmisabpk

mrsabih

Aug 24, 2010
Great Info Iam new in this form i am planing to come End of september My wife is main applicant so i have to bring with me now i am aranging first accomodation or maybe i will sent my brother first because he got work permit so he can arrange good accomodation than i can fly with my wife
i am waiting for more infor regarding job and living expenses and traveling problem if you are facing
Take good care

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrsabih said:
Great Info Iam new in this form i am planing to come End of september My wife is main applicant so i have to bring with me now i am aranging first accomodation or maybe i will sent my brother first because he got work permit so he can arrange good accomodation than i can fly with my wife
i am waiting for more infor regarding job and living expenses and traveling problem if you are facing
Take good care
Hi,

mrsabih,
You In box is full PM could not be sent, delete some messages

The principal applicant must land first ( Which is your wife and you are spouse). You can land with your wife or after her not before her. She can go back after completing the PR card, SIN card etc... and then you can stay without her.
This is the immigration requirement the main applicant should land first not spouse.
yes your brother can travel and arrange housing for you, then you can land with your family.
Regarding job and housing there is no problem you can settle these thing easily after landing.

I will be happy to add your e-mail in my address.

best regards

hmisabpk

adebolakazeem

Feb 13, 2009
Hi all,
Great post, kudos to all contributors,Qorax, Hmisabpk, doff my hat for you, may God bless you richly, and to all senior members, more grease to your elbows. One question though, i am yet to land, actually, will be landing in oct, i've been trying to get an insight into accomodation online, but am seeing that most are requesting for credit checks, references, first and last etc, how do we overcome this hurdle as new immigrants not having relatives etc. Also, as most are requesting we make a few months payment upfont, i want to find out about mississauga, how is the area/neighbourhood, is it very receptive to immigrants? Also, are there good schools around for kids? I mean kindergaten I would terribly appreciate your responses as i do not have much time before i leave my family in Canada to return at a later date. Also, what are your thoughts on my wife attending University and obtaining a Canadian degree? What benefits are there for immigrants as regards loans and child welfare subsidy? Thanks again all

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
adebolakazeem said:
..as most are requesting we make a few months payment upfont, i want to find out about mississauga...
I know this info is not for missagua, but i still want to share so you are aware of this and it might help you one way or another. In quebec, the law says, a landlord CANNOT ask you for more than one month of rebt in advance plus 1/2 rent of the last month as a secure deposit. So it might be the case for the place you wabt to go to, wait for more info from other posters here and definively search, i repeat, this might be the case as well for missagua and you are not obligated to pay in advance that much.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adebolakazeem said:
Hi all,
Great post, kudos to all contributors,Qorax, Hmisabpk, doff my hat for you, may God bless you richly, and to all senior members, more grease to your elbows. One question though, i am yet to land, actually, will be landing in oct, i've been trying to get an insight into accomodation online, but am seeing that most are requesting for credit checks, references, first and last etc, how do we overcome this hurdle as new immigrants not having relatives etc. Also, as most are requesting we make a few months payment upfont, i want to find out about mississauga, how is the area/neighbourhood, is it very receptive to immigrants? Also, are there good schools around for kids? I mean kindergaten I would terribly appreciate your responses as i do not have much time before i leave my family in Canada to return at a later date. Also, what are your thoughts on my wife attending University and obtaining a Canadian degree? What benefits are there for immigrants as regards loans and child welfare subsidy? Thanks again all
Hi,
adebolakazeem,

Thank you for your comments about post.
I have replied to the similar question in some post and even in this thread also, you can just check the page 12-15.
Still I will answer your queries here.
1. As new landed immigrant you do not need to give reference or credit check.
2. For apartment/flat/ house you need to have a lease with landlord/ landowner or property management company for 1 year period, so you need to pay 2 month rental in advance first and last month (which month you are going to start renting and last when you are going to complete the year) Then every month rent will be in advance. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-observations-t41271.180.html
3. For basement house will be walk out you have to pay every month in advance and at any time you can walk out / change the house, in this case you do not need to pay 2 month but you still need to pay 1 month rent (first month in advance)
4. Mississauga is the best area in GTA (Greater Toronto Area) to leave, almost every conner (within 2 kilometer) you will get the Kindergarten school and all are best. (The school ranks for the year 2009 also I have mentioned in this thread just check few pages back you will get the link in case still you need I can post again here) http://www.tdsb.on.ca/
5. If your wife would like to study in university it will be great advantage for her, but then you have to check house near by university area, regarding study loans many options are available and many kind of loans also available, you need to see any admission counselor in the university to explain you the options and requirements for all process. http://www.utoronto.ca/
6. Child Tax benefit you can apply upon landing and it will be get about 80-90 days, and then payment will start to come.

I hope it will helps if still any query or question I will be happy to assist.

Best regards

hmisabpk

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Hmisabpk,
Thank you very much for keeping with us even after landin in Canada and for sharing your exciting and valuable experience there. I observed from the forum that most people leave the forum after landing in Canada, so that we can not get information about landing exp., job market, housing etc. et. I appreciate your effort to keep the forum members updated about various aspects of Canadian life. Wish you a bright future. God bless you.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soarer said:
Hi Hmisabpk,
Thank you very much for keeping with us even after landin in Canada and for sharing your exciting and valuable experience there. I observed from the forum that most people leave the forum after landing in Canada, so that we can not get information about landing exp., job market, housing etc. et. I appreciate your effort to keep the forum members updated about various aspects of Canadian life. Wish you a bright future. God bless you.
Thank You, Soarer

hmisabpk

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear HMISABPK,

I am landing in few weeks from now

I was worried abou insurance .

and saw ur this post

Has anyone got refund from them.

Please reply

sincere regards

djsunman

original post by u............

********************************************************************************

Hi,

If you are not having any medical insurance for the period of 3 month (after landing) till you will get your Health card. There will be no problem according to the Nurse in charge in Ontario health care department (I just spoke with her this morning). According to her....
You can go to any near by health center for any medical treatment in emergency or routine medical check up if you got any medical problem it will be free of charge, in case if you have to pay for some investigation or other fees, later on when you will get your health card you can claim and it will be pay back to you later (according to her), except cosmetic/beautification surgery, dental treatment and drugs bill / charges.

Some of private doctor are charging only $ 30-50 for check up, drug will be extra.

To check the heath related information, location of the health care center or health care cards update in Ontario province
please long in to

ontario.ca/health

or

health.gov.on.ca/en/

Best regards.

HMISABPK

********************************************************************************

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djsunman said:
Dear HMISABPK,

I am landing in few weeks from now

I was worried abou insurance .

and saw ur this post

Has anyone got refund from them.

Please reply

sincere regards

djsunman

original post by u............

Hi, djsunman

Please accept my apology for late reply. I was not visiting the forum since December 2010.
That reply was to the person who asked about medical servileness. Depend on case to case and medical need.
In case of medical emergencies the Health Care Center are able to provide the basic medical treatment. In case of Pregnancy or delivery hospitalization, there is charges and if the Card will arrive before discharge from hospital the deposit will be returned.
In my case I paid little deposit to reserve the hospital bed in advance for my wife's delivery. Luckily her card arrived before discharge from hospital, our baby was in the hospital for 2-3 weeks (born low weight premature). Thanks God I haven't paid any bill or charge $$.
By the way are you asking just preventive measures or expecting delivery or have any other medical issue?

Let me know if you need any further info in this regards. (If you are already landed in Toronto then send me PM I will give you my contact details)

Hope it will helps.

Regards

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TIPS FOR GETTING A JOB:

1 - Get Your Head Screwed on Straight

If you think the economy is "bad", it is. If you think there aren't any jobs, there aren't. If you think you won't get a job, you won't... it's that simple!

Here's the deal...

There are *always* jobs available, regardless of what the "economy" is or isn't doing at any given point in time, for those who are willing to work and, more importantly, provide value to their employer far in excess of that for which they're being paid.

Thus, if you're willing to *work* and provide your employer *value* far in excess of that for which you'd be paid, there *is* a job out there, right now, right this very moment, just sitting there with your name on it waiting for you to show up...

*Know* that there is and go find it!

2 - Treat Getting a Job as Your Full-Time Job

Just the other day, someone was whining to me about how they couldn't find a job. I asked him how many jobs he applied for in the last week...

His answer?

One.

That's right...

Believe it or not...

ONE!

No wonder he's unemployed. He was probably working one hour a week and getting paid for forty, when his employer finally smartened up.

My advice?

Don't let that be you!

3 - Ask Not What Your Potential Employer Can Do for You, Ask What You Can Do for Your Potential Employer

Now, this may come as an absolute shock to you, but, though there may be an occasional exception here, your potential employer doesn't really give a rat's behind about you and/or your family. Sad, but true.

What they care a lot about is what you can do for *them*!

Therefore, rather than inquiring about what the pay and benefits are, you'd be far better served by finding out *exactly* what they need and/or want and *selling* them on how you can *more* than fill their need and/or want.

Well, there you have them. Three powerful tips for getting a job fast in any economy. Get your head screwed on straight, treat getting a job as your full-time job, find out what your potential employer needs and/or wants and *sell* them on how *you* can *more* than fill that need and/or want, and you won't be among the unemployed for long!

:) Good luck in finding the job :)

Regards,

hmisabpk

zoze

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..