June-12
Med's Done....
July-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Jan-2013
LANDED..........
22-07-2013
Read my post:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/international-currency-travel-card-t190653.0.html;msg2992278#msg2992278

karunya.vemulapalli said:
I have a question, I know We have to show $14,720 as POF while applying. I wanted to know if we will still have to show $14,720 cash/DD/travellers cheques while entering Canada at the Airport? If that is the case, will Credit Cards be accepted as POF?

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question, I know We have to show $14,720 as POF while applying. I wanted to know if we will still have to show $14,720 cash/DD/travellers cheques while entering Canada at the Airport? If that is the case, will Credit Cards be accepted as POF?
Dear Friend,

You can be asked for the proof of funds at the time of entry by the officer. This proof could be in cash/DD/any thing or you can also deposit money in any canada bank and take its statement. Probably, they want to make sure that you bring it in canada for spending.

Regards

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

According to new proposed citizenship requirements, a person has to spend 4 out of 6 years in canada (In these 4 years, he should not be out for more than 6 months).That means if a person is out of canada for 7 months and stays for 5 months in a year, than the 5 months will not be counted.

1. Can anyone provide more clarity into it?
2. Does any one at this forum has knowledge about whether these citizenship requirements, proposed in Feb 2014, have been implemented or pending?

Regards,

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
RNSS said:
Dear Friends,

According to new proposed citizenship requirements, a person has to spend 4 out of 6 years in canada (In these 4 years, he should not be out for more than 6 months).That means if a person is out of canada for 7 months and stays for 5 months in a year, than the 5 months will not be counted.

1. Can anyone provide more clarity into it?
2. Does any one at this forum has knowledge about whether these citizenship requirements, proposed in Feb 2014, have been implemented or pending?

Regards,
1.) you described it correctly
2.) i think it will be in effect for all citizenship applications received on or after 1st July 2015...the fun days are over and its no longer possible for someone who lived only a few weeks in canada to become a citizen.

shalini_G

Aug 19, 2012
Dear All,

I am posting this question twice in a day, but it is urgent as me and my family are doing the PR Landing over this weekend..

We have decided to carry CAD 10,000 (8K in traveller's cheque + 2K Cash) plus AUD 10K Cash (which is equvivalent to CAD 9K approx), which should be more than $18,097 CAD needed for a family of three.

Will this combination be acceptable?

Do I need to carry some forex statement from my Australian bank showing the equivalent of AUD 10K into CAD?

regards,
Shalini.

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
Any combination is ok as long as you have required amount.
My advice to get currencies converted in CAD $.
But you are good to go with your combo. as well & one more thing ,I've never come across an incident when the PP control or at any immigration counter,any of the officer has ever asked anybody to count their POF.
Relax..
Regards
Edmonta

shalini_G

Aug 19, 2012
edmonta said:
But you are good to go with your combo. as well & one more thing ,I've never come across an incident when the PP control or at any immigration counter,any of the officer has ever asked anybody to count their POF.
Relax..
Regards
Edmonta
Thanks Edmonta..

I want to avoid unncessarily having to convert the AUD into CAD if AUD is acceptable by Immigration Officers..
Since we would be staying in Canada for not more than a week this time, we won't be able to spend all the converted currency in Canada in this short duration, and will have to re-convert CAD back to AUD once we return back to Australia.

For every 10,000 AUD converted into CAD, and back again intot AUD, we loose approximately 1,100 AUD.

regards,
Shalini.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
edmonta said:
Relax..
Regards
Edmonta
immigration officers don't, but the customs officer may ask to see the funds.

shalini_G

Aug 19, 2012
emamabd said:
immigration officers don't, but the customs officer may ask to see the funds.
Thanks Emamabd .. I am junking this whole idea of carrying AUD or the combo.. Would convert all to CAD. Would not like to risk slightest uncertainty leading to Refusal of Entry, just to save money.

regards,
Shalini.

shalini_G

Aug 19, 2012
Any new recent landing experience anybody want to share please?
Hi All,

Our landing was kind of uneventful.. We landed in Vancouver (final destination was Toronto) at around 8 am Local time on 12th Oct, handed over the Declaration Card at Customs, and were directed towards the CBSA room. I was surprised that we were the only ones there for the landing at this early hours of morning (also this may have been because the flight from Australia don't usually carry as many prospective new immigrants as those coming from South Asia, China, Phillipines, UAE or UK). Nevertheless, the whole process was over in less than 10 minutes with the Immigration Officer only asking two things:
a.) The Proof of Funds - my hubby told them that we were carrying $18,700 CAD in cash (family of three), and
b.) the mailing address in Canada.

Now, what is bothering me is that there was no mention of B4 form at all - neither by the Customs nor the Immigrations.
No one asked us about the Accompanying Goods or the Goods to Follow. I am wondering if this will cause any issues at a later stage (later next year) when we come back permanently for settling down..
I envisage that we will be bringing some electronic goods like Laptop (one carried by myself and other by my hubby), one Camcorder and couple of Mobile phones etc. at that time. Will these be treated as personal items, and exempted from import duty?

regards,
Shalini.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shalini_G said:
Hi All,

Our landing was kind of uneventful.. We landed in Vancouver (final destination was Toronto) at around 8 am Local time on 12th Oct, handed over the Declaration Card at Customs, and were directed towards the CBSA room. I was surprised that we were the only ones there for the landing at this early hours of morning (also this may have been because the flight from Australia don't usually carry as many prospective new immigrants as those coming from South Asia, China, Phillipines, UAE or UK). Nevertheless, the whole process was over in less than 10 minutes with the Immigration Officer only asking two things:
a.) The Proof of Funds - my hubby told them that we were carrying $18,700 CAD in cash (family of three), and
b.) the mailing address in Canada.

Now, what is bothering me is that there was no mention of B4 form at all - neither by the Customs nor the Immigrations.
No one asked us about the Accompanying Goods or the Goods to Follow. I am wondering if this will cause any issues at a later stage (later next year) when we come back permanently for settling down..
I envisage that we will be bringing some electronic goods like Laptop (one carried by myself and other by my hubby), one Camcorder and couple of Mobile phones etc. at that time. Will these be treated as personal items, and exempted from import duty?

regards,
Shalini.
Thanks for sharing your landing experience.

easyhawk

Oct 24, 2014
Thanks for sharing
hmisabpk said:
Hi,
Everybody,

I Landed at Toronto, Person International Airport (YYZ), Ontario, Canada on 4th May 2010, by Britishairways flight # BA 0099 via London, at 18:20. (10 Minutes before schedule time, It was quit cold evening in Toronto)
The procedure was very smooth and very easy, following are the details 8)

I was Greeted and welcomed by an Immigration officer and he stamped the passport and directed to go to the New Immigrant welcome counter and then follow the Customs counter.

1. I went to Immigration counter where the officer stamped my passport.

2. I went to the new Immigrant counter given my PR and passport to the officer on counter. He filled my paper and asks me to sing on different place on the form. He ask me my accommodation / residential address which I told him that at this time I can't get may be it is inside in my luggage, but my consultant address was with me, he don't want the consultant office address. So He gives me the PR form and advised to fill later and send by fax on the number (which was on Form)

3. I then proceeded to the Welcome Canada counter there were two counter and I went on both counter one by one, where I was given some pamphlets and books, instructions and a carry bag (on second counter) with regards to settling in Canada and free to go everywhere without paying any thing for government paper process.

4. I was offered help by a porter service company man to collect my luggage. With CAD $10, I was having only one luggage and hand carry. They charge $ 10 for first luggage and $2 for each additional luggage. You can take by yourself trolley and luggage to out without paying any thing.

5. I then proceeded to customs and the officer checked my passports and asked me the list of the goods to be followed and the goods carried along list. He ask me about the fund how much I am carrying, and in which form, I told him it is cash, CAD $ 11700, then he ask me to take out from envelope and show to him. Then I kept back in my pocket. He checked the list of goods to follow there was jewellery's value about CAD $10k, so he ask me if I have the picture of the jewellery's, I was not having so he told me that get by e-mail and come tomorrow same building outside custom office and officer will stamp on the list and picture too for future use.

6. He did not check the list or goods carried along with me, the process was completed in 15 minutes and I was out from the immigration door at 18:35 hours. It was really very pleasant landing experience, People are very nice, kind and warmly welcoming the immigrants on the airport.

7. I just went out and ask the porter to call my transport (Airport pickup) person and keep my trolley on mentioned place. After 20 minuets the car came and picks me and I was reach to my room within 30 minutes.

8. Next day with Gold / jeweler's, picture and goods to follow list I went to the Airport custom office. Officer asks me to use the original forms (I was having the print out download from web site, which was not so clear). I fill the form with totaling the value in CAD Dollar, and brought back to him, he went inside and brought with computerized CBSA printed form and copy of all forms (Luggage with me, Hand carry and Goods to follow List by Cargo and arrive later after 2 week with my spouse and kids)

9. Later I went to Government Service office for my SIN (Social Insurance Number) and received a temp SIN number for myself, were informed that the SIN card would come in a couple of 2 weeks time on my address.

10. Next I went to the Bank CIBC bank, Costumer service officer explain me the different kind of account, I ask her which will be suitable for new Immigrant, She open the "CIBC Everyday Chequing account with standard benefits" (The account is Tax free savings account for once year). The debit card allows the CAD $ 500 per day cash withdraw and CAD $1000 purchases.

11. Next I went to Roger shop for Mobile Connection and got the SIM card for 10$ and 10$ air time credit, it prepaid only have to maintain the credit balance 20 $, no monthly fee, pay as you go rechargeable available in all stores, receiving and calling is same rate 39 cent and from 8pm to 8 am 1 cent including weekend (Saturday/Sunday). For International call use the calling card through your mobile or landline it is very cheap.

12. Checking for family apartment is going on in different areas.

13. Continued for the Job search (Please note you would need to modify your Resume to apply jobs in Canada refer www.settlement.org). This is the other side of the picture that our qualification and experience is not much valued, appreciated or accredited in Canada?? (Just my observation in few days)

14. You will start receiving interview calls once you have a Canadian Address and a Canadian contact number on your resume. (I received calls on my cell and the on land line / residence number).

15. Scheduled for an interview today (Saturday 9th May) with a company. But I was unable to attend because of too cold and chill, I requested them to reschedule for Monday. (It is a survival job not related to my profession, and still I don't know what they are going to offer me the job and salary)

16. Weather become very cold after rain, it is between 9-3 C, in Toronto, Good thing to have winter cloths with you before landing (wind chill is -4C and some areas of Ontario the Ice falling started again) .

17. Meet with many people those are straggling with housing and jobs problems, Dollar are flaying very fast from the packet and from hand every day. If you do not have any relative or friend in Canada It better to be go very economical. It will take some time to Adjust, Depend on your profession; it is taking about 6 - 12 month and more in some cases, to get settled properly. You may get survival job to manage but according to your qualification and profession it will take some time to get.

18. Apartments are in different rate from $ 800 – 1500, 1-2 bed room, it is better to see the location and neighborhood before you rent. Mostly People are living in the community, my advice do not rent through internet search because you do not know the area and neighborhood and on Google map every streets looks very beautiful (My personal opinion)
One more thing coming with family without any arrangement will have more expenses, better to come alone and arrange some house or apartment and then family can follow after few weeks, depend on your situation. (This is what I have done, because we do not have any friend or relative in Canada and Consultants are looking to get your all fund and saving at once for their great settlement help).

19. This was my Landing story, (still I am in the guest house, safehomestay, Good people and area is also OK),
please pray for me to get settled ASAP, I am getting tenses how to manages with very tough situation.
I pray for the success and best of luck for all forum members in their cases and future life in Canada.

20. HOPE IT WILL HELP TO THOS ARE PLANNING TO LAND IN FEW WEEKS. REMEMBER THAT IN TORONTO THE WEATHER IS VERY COLD ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE (LIKE US) ARE COMING FROM HOT WEATHER COUNTRIES (GULF OR ASIA)
WITH BEST WISHES
:)

HMISABPK

dhanu 786

May 28, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014[CC Charged]
Nomination.....
07-08-2014 [PER MAIL]
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-09-2014
Med's Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-01-2015
dbss said:
I remember my landing on Feb 18 and just thought of sharing here...

My passport got dispatched on Feb 14 and it was the long weekend...that was one long weekend that just would not end ;D...I was on vacation from office but got in on Feb 18 to collect the package from the office. I gave my office address as I wanted to make my experience letter more strong with the VO which definitely helped....

Got the package in the morning at 10:00 AM...rented a car in the afternoon...left in the evening at around 6 for my journey...I decided to land at Peace Bridge Fort Erie because you could still do the U-turn to Canada without going to US (stopped two days after)...reached there at around 7:30..got some Tim Hortons...dropped my sister and gf off at the Tim Hortons

blood pumping hard, I set towards the border.... I almost missed the U-turn because there was a lot of snow and could not see the lines for the turn and the turn is right after the sign....took the turn and then I had to go to the middle of the road for an open slot....went to the terminal...first BO said purpose of entry to Canada..I said land as permanent resident....he took my passport and license...scanned them and said to park the car in one of the parking lots and go inside the office...

Parked the car, went inside the office...there were probably 8-10 BO's chit chatting....one of the ladies called me and asked the purpose of travel..again informed her that I am landing as PR....then she said where is your family which kind of caught me by surprise...I said I am the only one landing...she said has the PA already landed because PA needs to land first and I said I am the PA....then she asked where I worked, if I had POF or pay stubs (I had both- I took them because I was under FSWP), any criminal record, any dependants, address, sign, reading the rights and I am done....honestly telling it was a nice experience, got in the car, updated FB :p, paid $3.25 toll and back I am in Canada as PR....was almost gonna go in a ditch on the way back out of excitement....went to Niagara and ate at Boston Pizza..finally after 4.5 years of studying and working the day had come...dream realized....

currently working and thinking of going to school for my Bachelors part time....

This forum has been a lot of help...honestly telling I learned a lot from here and need to thank everybody for their help...
Spellbound by the words and bollywood ishtyle .... 8) 8) 8) 8) he he.... you can be writer in Bollywoood.

Have you seen Dr. Cabbie???

dhanu 786

May 28, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014[CC Charged]
Nomination.....
07-08-2014 [PER MAIL]
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-09-2014
Med's Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-01-2015
sumitk12345 said:
It looks like life is harsh in Canada too... Being skilled immigration one can't get job in Canada even.. Harsh winters kill I think asians..LOL..

I wish a meteor hits earth and everyone will die at once.. All game over. Let the life restart new way because human is dangerous than animal now.

We have to ask our-self how many sins we have done in life. The list will never END....
This is a forum where immigration matter is discussed not about your philosophical fundas...Go away and take a hike....when u are planning to go back home?