Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Suleman Aziz said:
Dear all

Can you please let me know that is the decleration of funds more than $10,000 is only for cash more than 10,000 or is it for DD as well.
Also if someone can share B4 list of goods to follow form for understanding
Also if someone can tell me how the goods can be send from Karachi Pakistan and if someone has used any transportation company to send goods to toronto and how much time it took. Thanks
The $10,000 or more declaration is generally for CASH.

Following is the form you will be given on the flight to Canada: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

Please review so that you're prepared accordingly.

For cargo, please contact local cargo companies they can guide you best for price/service.

Suleman Aziz

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-04-2010
Med's Request
04-04-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-08-2014 In Sha Allah
Thank you Canvis
Is there any other form in which i need to mention individual details that how much rice, pulses etc we are carrying to inform them about inidvidual items?

Also is there any specific form in which items will be mentioned in details for goods to follow? Does this needs to be given at the time of entry.

canvis2006 said:

Following is the form you will be given on the flight to Canada: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

For cargo, please contact local cargo companies they can guide you best for price/service.

darpaje

Jul 3, 2013
xylene said:
My landing experience at Toronto Pearson Airport

We arrived on Jet airways at 1PM local time. We were send to the visitors queue and there were many officers, so the wait time was less. The officer directed us to the new immigrant room, where we stood in another queue before we were called by a courteous officer.
At the counter I was asked about the address of stay. Also that I can apply for the SIN number right away as a services Canada person was sitting right there. So we applied for the SIN card while the officer completed our file.
Both these were done in 15 mins and we went to pick out bags. Trolleys cost 2CAD each and we had to get two. There are porters who would help you with you bags for 10CAD. Then we were out to the customs. We were asked if we are carrying any thing that needs to be declared like food items. I told them that I do have Indian masalas.
At the 'Goods to follow', we already had a list of jewelry to follow with photographs as Qurax mentioned (Thanks Qurax!!). The officer was impressed with our documentation and he asked 'How did you know that you need to get pictures and all?' I replied 'Internet and our forums'
He said 'Great, this will take just a minute' and we were out the doors in the next 5 mins.

It was a cold day so we were asked to wear our jackets!

Next day I went to my bank to activate the account. Now have to go to service Canada for health cards and others!
Dear Xylene

I m going to land in July 14. I have jewelry.

Please explain me the whole procedure how to take our jewelry.

should i sale it in Pakistan or take it to Canada

Thanks

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Suleman Aziz said:
Thank you Canvis
Is there any other form in which i need to mention individual details that how much rice, pulses etc we are carrying to inform them about inidvidual items?

Also is there any specific form in which items will be mentioned in details for goods to follow? Does this needs to be given at the time of entry.
Everything is available here specially food items. Even all the mirch masala's, Rice, Atta, etc are widely available.

Only things worth bringing are things such as traditional man+ladies clothings such as Shalwar Qameez, etc, and religious/urdu books, any kind of homeopathic or other medicine you use (if any), or specially made medicine or oils/ointments, etc for (household)whatever purposes.
Bring a good FULL dinner sets. The ones you get here is small and not contain all pieces, and only for 4 people.....dinner sets here do not cater to large families.....so bring that from Pakistan. Pots, cookers, etc are available here but if you want you can bring your own ones to save.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
canvis2006 said:

The form clearly states cash and/or monetary instruments. So if you have a DD you must declare it.

hasanimamsujan

Star Member
Sep 14, 2009
Windsor, Ontario
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
xylene said:
My landing experience at Toronto Pearson Airport

We arrived on Jet airways at 1PM local time. We were send to the visitors queue and there were many officers, so the wait time was less. The officer directed us to the new immigrant room, where we stood in another queue before we were called by a courteous officer.
At the counter I was asked about the address of stay. Also that I can apply for the SIN number right away as a services Canada person was sitting right there. So we applied for the SIN card while the officer completed our file.
Both these were done in 15 mins and we went to pick out bags. Trolleys cost 2CAD each and we had to get two. There are porters who would help you with you bags for 10CAD. Then we were out to the customs. We were asked if we are carrying any thing that needs to be declared like food items. I told them that I do have Indian masalas.
At the 'Goods to follow', we already had a list of jewelry to follow with photographs as Qurax mentioned (Thanks Qurax!!). The officer was impressed with our documentation and he asked 'How did you know that you need to get pictures and all?' I replied 'Internet and our forums'
He said 'Great, this will take just a minute' and we were out the doors in the next 5 mins.

It was a cold day so we were asked to wear our jackets!

Next day I went to my bank to activate the account. Now have to go to service Canada for health cards and others!
100 like for sharing your experience

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Hi,
To bring in jewelry, take a picture of each, create a document listing down the weight (or sovereigns) of each, and the current cost (approx) in CAD along with the picture. Make two copies of it. Attach it to Goods to follow or Goods with you list.

If you are flying out of India you can declare the gold at Indian Customs so that when you travel back to India you can show the declaration form.

When you land in Canada, declare the papers to the customs official. He would take one copy and give you the other one with the seal. This document is sufficient to bring your jewelry in your next trip!

About bringing rice and other edible items. Like many countries, you cannot bring in seeds, plants, meat, fish or dairy items. Masala and other processed food should be okay. But then you can buy all those here, pretty much the same price as in India rice etc (including maggie noodles 4 for 1 CAD)

Utensils are also the same price, but getting one or two is convenient to start cooking as soon as you land.

However I would advise bringing in medicines (get a prescription) and other over the counter tablets like vitamins etc (those are expensive!!!)

On other news - My son have started school, we are waiting for the PR cards and others. I got my G1 last week and I am going to attempt G in a week or two !

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I remember my landing on Feb 18 and just thought of sharing here...

My passport got dispatched on Feb 14 and it was the long weekend...that was one long weekend that just would not end ;D...I was on vacation from office but got in on Feb 18 to collect the package from the office. I gave my office address as I wanted to make my experience letter more strong with the VO which definitely helped....

Got the package in the morning at 10:00 AM...rented a car in the afternoon...left in the evening at around 6 for my journey...I decided to land at Peace Bridge Fort Erie because you could still do the U-turn to Canada without going to US (stopped two days after)...reached there at around 7:30..got some Tim Hortons...dropped my sister and gf off at the Tim Hortons

blood pumping hard, I set towards the border.... I almost missed the U-turn because there was a lot of snow and could not see the lines for the turn and the turn is right after the sign....took the turn and then I had to go to the middle of the road for an open slot....went to the terminal...first BO said purpose of entry to Canada..I said land as permanent resident....he took my passport and license...scanned them and said to park the car in one of the parking lots and go inside the office...

Parked the car, went inside the office...there were probably 8-10 BO's chit chatting....one of the ladies called me and asked the purpose of travel..again informed her that I am landing as PR....then she said where is your family which kind of caught me by surprise...I said I am the only one landing...she said has the PA already landed because PA needs to land first and I said I am the PA....then she asked where I worked, if I had POF or pay stubs (I had both- I took them because I was under FSWP), any criminal record, any dependants, address, sign, reading the rights and I am done....honestly telling it was a nice experience, got in the car, updated FB :p, paid $3.25 toll and back I am in Canada as PR....was almost gonna go in a ditch on the way back out of excitement....went to Niagara and ate at Boston Pizza..finally after 4.5 years of studying and working the day had come...dream realized....

currently working and thinking of going to school for my Bachelors part time....

This forum has been a lot of help...honestly telling I learned a lot from here and need to thank everybody for their help...

Suleman Aziz

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-04-2010
Med's Request
04-04-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-08-2014 In Sha Allah
Dear All

Does any one has the issue in their passport when they applied that means name is written in Surname and Given name is blank and did any one of you who has this problem changed it at the time of sending passport copies for PPR1 and does it has any problem? Pls share

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
this happens if you don't have a surname in your passport or your full name is in Surname...

you need to get your passport changed first to get the name changed at other places..

fahadkalis

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
30-10-2013 "MR Received" on 05-11-2013
Interview........
09-10-2013
Passport Req..
25-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2014
LANDED..........
1st week of sep-2014
hi,

Including cash declaration, B4 & B4A, what other forms we have to fill in advance?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

Is there any update upon the new bill that was proposed to extend the citizenship requirement to 4 years (spent with max 6 months stay out of canada per year) out of 6years. If it is enforced then will it be applicable to all who even had got their PR cards earlier to this bill enforcement.

Plz share your information if you have read /heard from sources.

Regards,

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
RNSS said:
Dear Friends,

Is there any update upon the new bill that was proposed to extend the citizenship requirement to 4 years (spent with max 6 months stay out of canada per year) out of 6years. If it is enforced then will it be applicable to all who even had got their PR cards earlier to this bill enforcement.

Plz share your information if you have read /heard from sources.

Regards,
Even if there are stories or rumours, nothing is clear till announced by CIC / Government. You haven't missed anything so far. When announced, it will appear here !

SUNSHINE4U

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29/04/2015
Suleman Aziz said:
Does my mobile phone which i bought in Pakistan aND Dubai will work in toronto canada? i have note3 and Z1