+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ontario Universities' Fair
If you’re thinking about attending an Ontario university, don’t miss the Ontario Universities’ Fair -
the only event where you can visit all 21 Ontario universities in one place!

Contact the OUF at: ouf@ouac.on.ca
http://www.ouf.ca/

TORONTO
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
SOUTH BUILDING
255 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario

September 27, 2013 (FRIDAY, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
September 28, 2013 (SATURDAY, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
September 29, 2013 (SUNDAY, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM)

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beu75 said:

Furnished accommodation and private Room available from November 01, 2013

Daily, weekly, monthly - Short term / Long term
Clean, Cheap, affordable, private and comfortable accommodation.
Safe family environment. Friendly host
This furnished private bedroom in main ground floor and in basement of a detached house.
It has a bed with linens, comforter and pillows.
Centrally air conditioned.
TV inside living room (local channels),
Free High speed Wi-Fi wireless internet
Free room cleaning service bi-weekly
Free local phone calls available
Free car parking (limited to 1 spots -free street parking is also available)
Shared Kitchen - Shared washroom (with 2 other guest)
Eating facilities at kitchen / dining room, share fridge, microwave, water boiler, cooking oven, kitchen utensils, etc).
Laundry facilities available for washing
No pet – No Smoking
Walking distance to shopping mall, public Park, best high ranking elementary public school (back yard attached with school)
TTC bus stop meters away. Minutes to Warden Subway and Kennedy subway.
20 minutes to downtown Toronto, 10 minutes to Scarborough Town Centre and minutes to all major high ways
30 minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport

Air port pick available upon request (reasonable rate)

Free settlement consultation and guidance step by step such like:

SIN Card
OHIP Card
Opening bank account
Mobile phone - SIM
Children School admission
Goods to follow - cargo pick up
Renting Permanent Accommodation
Getting Driving License
Medical Insurance
RESP, saving, investment etc..
Resume and Job search guidance
Travelling back, mail service / courier service
and much more

:)Please Contact for booking :)

Thank you for sharing info

hmisabpk

emy72

Mar 26, 2013
hallo every one I have a question .... when we make the list of our jowllery for landing .... I hear that we must to provide a photo for them .. but for the list how we will writ them by weight or by value ?? .. how can I do this if I have them since long time ??
Is it enough accepted to writ only their discription and the photo ???

::) ::) ::)

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
only Qty and value (value is important)

Description Qty Value
Ring 1 $500 (Approx Value)
Bangles 4 $2,000 (Approx Value)

No one will be verifying the value and check bills

emy72 said:
hallo every one I have a question .... when we make the list of our jowllery for landing .... I hear that we must to provide a photo for them .. but for the list how we will writ them by weight or by value ?? .. how can I do this if I have them since long time ??
Is it enough accepted to writ only their discription and the photo ???

::) ::) ::)

emy72

Mar 26, 2013
coolguy2010 said:
only Qty and value (value is important)

Description Qty Value
Ring 1 $500 (Approx Value)
Bangles 4 $2,000 (Approx Value)

No one will be verifying the value and check bills
thanks a lot for quick reply :)

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
ASK said:
Dear AAK,

Thanks for sharing more info. Now the picture is clearer. In my personal opinion, though it may sound weird, the best thing that can happen to save your case in the given circumstances, is, your case getting delayed by the VO itself beyond Nov 2013. If they issue visa before Oct / Nov 2013, it will put you in a very bad situation as your spouse, the primary applicant will not be able to travel in those months before the expiry of visa.

If you finish the rest of your formality before Oct 2013 and if you somehow make it to Canada, you need medical insurance to cover the first few months till you are entitled for provincial healthcare benefits. I do not think normal delivery will be covered under any medical insurance as it is a sure and expected event. If there is any scheme in the insurance policy where the cost of delivery (I really doubt) is covered, then you are saved. Otherwise, you have to be prepared to meet the expense. Don't worry. Your baby is a priceless gift from God and the thought of delivery expenditure should not spoil the good spirits.

If the VO themselves are delaying your case - PPR1 coming in Oct / Nov 2013, then no way you will finish the rest of the formalities including PPR2 and Visa before Nov 2013. In this case, if you are lucky enough, I have read that the VO extends the validity of your medicals by some time till they expect the process to be complete. There are two advantages in this case - you get extra time to prepare for your landing and you will not have to undergo the stress of meeting all the expenditures of delivery in a new country. The above stated is only my opinion. The actual timelines and incidents may not be the same. Wishing you Good luck in wherever life takes you.
Hi Sir,
Will you be flying from Muscat or India....
Can you advise on the air fare....
I have submitted my passport to AUH...

Suleman Aziz

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-04-2010
Med's Request
04-04-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-08-2014 In Sha Allah
Can you pls let me know that should i bring utencils for kitchen , television, etc with me or can i buy from toronto. Also some guidence on what to bring and what not?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Suleman Aziz said:
Can you pls let me know that should i bring utencils for kitchen , television, etc with me or can i buy from toronto. Also some guidence on what to bring and what not?
Bring the pots for kitchen, such as the mixed "silver+steel" as you won't find those here.
Here you find pressure cookers, stainless steel or silver pots but no combined ones.
But not the mix which women use in Pak to make rice, curries, etc. Bring those definitely if u have large family and/or socialize a lot.

No need to bring TV, as voltage is different than Pak. But bring a cooling pad for laptops if necessary, here u get ones with only small fans
Bring ladies suits/clothing as its hard to find here and more expensive and hardly any variety.

Leather jacket should be brought from Pak as here these cost almost $400 each for a good one

singh2901

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2013
AOR Received.
06-sep-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Reached NDVO
Hello Seniors,

I just need to know few things :-

1. Who does the eligibility test whether one is eligible is for FSW or not. If I am not worng, thats been done my nova scotia, sydney and on the basis of that we get PER and after that AOR.
Is there any chance or case where Visa Officer sitting at Visa Office has rejected the application because he/she thinks that he is not eligible even after receiving PER and AOR mail.

2. Does Visa Office has authority to check our bank statements even if we dont provide them our bank statements. Can they pull out from the Bank.?

3. Does Visa Office do Cibil Check.

I request you guys to please put some light on above queries. I will be really grateful

All the best to all the FSW applicants. I wish we all get mapple leaf on our passports.

Thanks and Regards
Singh

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
singh2901 said:
Hello Seniors,

I just need to know few things :-

1. Who does the eligibility test whether one is eligible is for FSW or not. If I am not worng, thats been done my nova scotia, sydney and on the basis of that we get PER and after that AOR.
Is there any chance or case where Visa Officer sitting at Visa Office has rejected the application because he/she thinks that he is not eligible even after receiving PER and AOR mail.

2. Does Visa Office has authority to check our bank statements even if we dont provide them our bank statements. Can they pull out from the Bank.?

3. Does Visa Office do Cibil Check.

I request you guys to please put some light on above queries. I will be really grateful

All the best to all the FSW applicants. I wish we all get mapple leaf on our passports.

Thanks and Regards
Singh
1) Nova scotia only does initial assessment, and if the application is "Eligible for further processing" it is forwarded to the Visa office for
further assessment. Its very wrong to assume your application has been accepted & you are eligible for PR visa - just because NS
forwarded it to your Visa Office. The visa officer may reject it later at any stage if he's not satisfied with your application.
2) They can't do that, bank account information is considered confidential- banks do not reveal it in normal situations...however you can
assume that Visa officer will request you to provide proof of funds more than once during the process
3) what do you mean by a "Cibil" check?

singh2901

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2013
AOR Received.
06-sep-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Reached NDVO
emamabd said:
1) Nova scotia only does initial assessment, and if the application is "Eligible for further processing" it is forwarded to the Visa office for
further assessment. Its very wrong to assume your application has been accepted & you are eligible for PR visa - just because NS
forwarded it to your Visa Office. The visa officer may reject it later at any stage if he's not satisfied with your application.
2) They can't do that, bank account information is considered confidential- banks do not reveal it in normal situations...however you can
assume that Visa officer will request you to provide proof of funds more than once during the process
3) what do you mean by a "Cibil" check?
Thanks for your reply.

I raised second query because while applying for FSW 2013 , I showed them a fixed deposit of required amount as per the CIC guidelines. I sent them an attested copy of my fixed deposit and letter written by bank manager. That fixed deposit still exists.
But I have an ongoing personal loan which is about 40% of Fixed deposit amount. I have taken this loan on my salary account and I have sent them my salary account mentioned on pay slips.
So i was wondering that they can pull out my bank statements and will get to know that month on month an EMI goes to bank.

Cibil Check is done in india to know whether there is any loan liability or not .

Please address my concern , I will be really grateful to you

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
singh2901 said:
Thanks for your reply.

I raised second query because while applying for FSW 2013 , I showed them a fixed deposit of required amount as per the CIC guidelines. I sent them an attested copy of my fixed deposit and letter written by bank manager. That fixed deposit still exists.
But I have an ongoing personal loan which is about 40% of Fixed deposit amount. I have taken this loan on my salary account and I have sent them my salary account mentioned on pay slips.
So i was wondering that they can pull out my bank statements and will get to know that month on month an EMI goes to bank.

Cibil Check is done in india to know whether there is any loan liability or not .

Please address my concern , I will be really grateful to you
They can't pull out your bank statements on their own, i'm not sure about the "loan/liability" check in india, i guess indian applicants can comment on that,

Good luck with your application,

emy72

Mar 26, 2013
if we plan for short stay landing (about 10 days ) to return back after finishing schooling year :
1- shall we inform the officers, when we arrive that we will stay for short time .
2- Is it amust to open bsank account in canda this time , or we can postpon it when we return back in next summer .
3-can any one suggest a place for 10 days stay for 5 member family , & to be near arabian Halal resturants .

silverstreak008

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010
Med's Request
02-2013
Med's Done....
03-2013
Passport Req..
02-2013
Hi friends, can anyone tell me how many cigarettes we can carry at the time of landing..

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
emy72 said:
if we plan for short stay landing (about 10 days ) to return back after finishing schooling year :
1- shall we inform the officers, when we arrive that we will stay for short time .

Should not be a problem, but if you inform the officer that you will be staying for less than 6 weeks - he might choose not to process your PR cards - as you will not be present when they are ready.

2- Is it amust to open bsank account in canda this time , or we can postpon it when we return back in next summer .
Ofcourse its not a must, but why not? Wouldn't it be easier for you to transfer your funds to your own account in canada while moving permanently?

3-can any one suggest a place for 10 days stay for 5 member family , & to be near arabian Halal resturants .
Can't comment much on that one as there few places which offer accommodation at reasonable cost in toronto, they have been named many times (safehomestay and studio6)..the first one is in toronto and the second is in Mississauga...i haven't stayed in any of them ..
so can't comment much on the availability of halal resturants in the surrounding areas, but my guess is that the first one (www.safehomestay.com) is most likely to have halal resturants nearby - as its in toronto.