+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
I am not very regular in this forum. Just wanted to share my observations in last 3 and half months
if it helps/motivates anybody. Everything seems smooth. Got the full driving license in Manitoba. Bought a car, Kid is going to school.
Job is ongoing................Family is happy...................

Opportunity is vast in Canada if you can hit properly. See the post of mine in the link
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-bangladeshi-applicants-forum-t19664.0.html;msg2346575#msg2346575
It is not very very hard and even you can get a job before landing. Hope this will give some motivation to people.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
NN74 said:
Our landing experience!

Yesterday, finally we had landed at Toronto Pearson airport.

Lets start with few words about airline. Against the advises of all friends, we had chosen Egypt Air to travel due to cost (5 passengers US$4,100/- return). There were various opinions about Egypt Air; not good air line as per safety view, no good staff, no good handling during flight (one had told that there's always water shortage during flight etc.). However, we have a pleasant experience, new 777-300 ER planes from Dubai to Cairo (3hrs) and then Cairo to Toronto (11hr flight). They accepted 2 pieces of luggage (23kg each so total of 46 kg per pax) plus 8-10kg of hand bag incl children allowance. So as a family of 5 we carried 6 hand pcs. At Cairo, there was 8 hrs stay so Egypt Air provided a 4* star hotel (free visa on arrival) and hotel pick & drop along with good dinner; all inclusive in airline ticket with no extra charge. Ground staff insisted to take rest with great hospitality. The onboard staff was very cooperative and food, water, kids meal, juices, etc served thru all the 11 hrs duration without fail. So, over all its a pleasant experience (we thought of this as PIA of Egypt) but the service standard was as matching as UAE's Emirates! Only issue with ground staff was their English language skills, I hope that it would be improved in years to come but Egyptians are very soft & nice friendly people!

At Pearson, the process was very smooth. No need of filling PR card forms in advance. The immigration officer (a lady of hardly 24 years & Muslim) had guided to new immigration counter & there another lady (again very young) had done the paper work within 5-10 minutes (may be due to an infant with us) and completed our formalities quickly! She said, 'you will get your PR cards in 60 days!'

Another pleasant experience, was at with CBSA counter. With 9 pieces of 62" baggage and almost 8 hand carry bags on 3 trolleys, the CBSA officer while holding dual copies of B4A forms with printed lists, had asked us only about photos of jewelry that would be shipped later. We didn't had that, so he informed us that "Pl go ahead now and bring the photos later (say in next 10-11 months) and complete your customs process (means handing over the stamped form of GOODS TO FOLLOW) then." So in next 5 minutes, we were out of airport with pleasant surprise! No bag was touched by custom officer!!!!

Just out of airport, with so much baggage, we were not able to accommodated in our friend's car. Police man standing there came forward and asked a taxi driver to take all our luggage in one taxi (though as per law only limited bags are allowed) and hence just for CAD$45 he took all out stuff in one go to our friend's place close to Etobicoke! Thanks to Canada Police Officer!

As Egypt Air staff had given us good seats (helping us to get seats where no other was booked, so each took three seats to sleep peacefully), hence after keeping our luggage & kids at friend's place, we proceeded to Services Canada office and started working f or our SIN. Canadians appeared to be very friendly and hence the lady at SIN office, guided us to another lady where we completed our SIN (only passport & COPR stamped by immigration officer, is required) process. The lady also handed over printed material to get social benefits claims for kids, if we want to for which we are not interested in. So we politely refused that as of now we are not interested in any social benefits for kids.

Around 12:30 CAD time, we moved to TD bank office to open our account. TD is offering new account (maintaining CAD5,000 average balance monthly) holders with a Samsung 7" tablet, so me & my husband had opened our account in 30 minutes, our debit card, cash deposit, locker, cheque book request (will get in next 7 working days) all done during that time even we were given preference to deposit cash though there were many standing in a que! Very friendly staff and nice experience there but that time were we tired!

My husband wanted to go back home but I insisted to talk to Estate Agent to complete the flat renting process, means signing the lease/contract. Before, arrival, we had (with the help of our friend plus Internet surfing) had chosen the flat (our friend had shown us the live photos of flat thru Skype) and deposited a bank's Pay Order to book the flat. The lady over there was very friendly, with our passport & COPR copy, she has handed over the lease contract (2 bed ground floor apt in Etobicoke for CAD$ 950/- month incl of hydro) and thats it, she gave us the flat keys and walked with us towards flat to inspect if anything further is required as part of flat maintenance. That's all with keys, we have our flat on our first day in Canada! Thanks to Canadian system its very friendly, smooth, & helping to newly landed immigrants!

Again, I wanted to take a SIM card, so we visited nearby shopping mall, Wall Mart, to get Chatr SIM. Their new offer is $20 pm with Ontario wide calls/text free and we have our new phone SIM in next 15 minutes.

I hope that we had done many things on our first day, so we returned back to our friends' place. Overall, weather is too good unlike UAE. It's like Dec or Jan UAE's weather, nice cool breeze and cloudy sky; a time to sit out side in lawn and enjoy! Canada is a lovely place, lush green parks, wide roads, organized system, no humidity, and friendly people! 'Thank you' and word of 'my apology' often used!

The only thing we missed is our Roza, as it is Ramadan, but we were passengers and in Dubai it was hot summer with 50 deg centigrade and handling of luggage, kids, and transportation was little difficult with fasting. Inshallah from tomorrow onward we will start fasting as we have visited the nearby Mosque to send our two kids for Holy Quran learning's!

While moving out of Dubai's home, I had prayed to Allah that 'O Lord! please make our this journey as easy as possible -as I have 3 kids- and successful as leaving our Dubai home is a tough decision (as my husband is leaving a good lucrative VP level bank job in Dubai but ready to do any sort of job without ego, after all Rizk is given by Allah, salary or job is only a mean) because we had spend 10 years of our sweet life here in this city!' I think Allah has listen to my prayers!

I'd be happy if our landing experience might help others in any way!
thanks for sharing so much info with regards to your landing. Few questions, why you selected Etobicoke as your base, and secondly being a Muslim did you feel the environment, are there enough mosques in the surroundings, if so...regular five times prayer with jamat and juma prayer is conducted in these mosques,are Muslim ladies allowed to wear hijab ! is there any gender segregation at school or college level ! at large did you feel any discrimination on the basis of religion, specially if someone is extra conservative !

Happycan

Jan 19, 2013
Hello Hmbispk,

We already are PR of Canada ,landed 2 years back in Toronto.

Actually my wife is pregnant and when we will land in Toronto ,only a month will be left in delivery.
I expect my baby to be born in the month of January 2014 and We will land in November/December 2013.and we won't get our OHIP before delivery.

In this case,how can my wife deliver a baby free of charge in Toronto?
Please suggest me what to do.

If we deliver our baby outside Canada,then in how many days we can recieve baby's visa on his passport ?

Your valuable advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swapno said:
I am not very regular in this forum. Just wanted to share my observations in last 3 and half months
if it helps/motivates anybody. Everything seems smooth. Got the full driving license in Manitoba. Bought a car, Kid is going to school.
Job is ongoing................Family is happy...................

Opportunity is vast in Canada if you can hit properly. See the post of mine in the link
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-bangladeshi-applicants-forum-t19664.0.html;msg2346575#msg2346575
It is not very very hard and even you can get a job before landing. Hope this will give some motivation to people.
Hi swapno,

Thank you for sharing your observation.

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happycan said:
Hello Hmbispk,

We already are PR of Canada ,landed 2 years back in Toronto.

Actually my wife is pregnant and when we will land in Toronto ,only a month will be left in delivery.
I expect my baby to be born in the month of January 2014 and We will land in November/December 2013.and we won't get our OHIP before delivery.

In this case,how can my wife deliver a baby free of charge in Toronto?
Please suggest me what to do.

If we deliver our baby outside Canada,then in how many days we can recieve baby's visa on his passport ?

Your valuable advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Hi Happycan,

Your above query replied by PM

Regarding baby visa nowadays will take 6 - 12 month (approximately)

regards,

hmisabpk

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hmisabpk said:
Hi,
Everybody,

I Landed at Toronto, Person International Airport (YYZ), Ontario, Canada on 4th May 2010, by Britishairways flight # BA 0099 via London, at 18:20. (10 Minutes before schedule time, It was quit cold evening in Toronto)
The procedure was very smooth and very easy, following are the details 8)

I was Greeted and welcomed by an Immigration officer and he stamped the passport and directed to go to the New Immigrant welcome counter and then follow the Customs counter.

1. I went to Immigration counter where the officer stamped my passport.

2. I went to the new Immigrant counter given my PR and passport to the officer on counter. He filled my paper and asks me to sing on different place on the form. He ask me my accommodation / residential address which I told him that at this time I can't get may be it is inside in my luggage, but my consultant address was with me, he don't want the consultant office address. So He gives me the PR form and advised to fill later and send by fax on the number (which was on Form)

3. I then proceeded to the Welcome Canada counter there were two counter and I went on both counter one by one, where I was given some pamphlets and books, instructions and a carry bag (on second counter) with regards to settling in Canada and free to go everywhere without paying any thing for government paper process.

4. I was offered help by a porter service company man to collect my luggage. With CAD $10, I was having only one luggage and hand carry. They charge $ 10 for first luggage and $2 for each additional luggage. You can take by yourself trolley and luggage to out without paying any thing.

5. I then proceeded to customs and the officer checked my passports and asked me the list of the goods to be followed and the goods carried along list. He ask me about the fund how much I am carrying, and in which form, I told him it is cash, CAD $ 11700, then he ask me to take out from envelope and show to him. Then I kept back in my pocket. He checked the list of goods to follow there was jewellery's value about CAD $10k, so he ask me if I have the picture of the jewellery's, I was not having so he told me that get by e-mail and come tomorrow same building outside custom office and officer will stamp on the list and picture too for future use.

6. He did not check the list or goods carried along with me, the process was completed in 15 minutes and I was out from the immigration door at 18:35 hours. It was really very pleasant landing experience, People are very nice, kind and warmly welcoming the immigrants on the airport.

7. I just went out and ask the porter to call my transport (Airport pickup) person and keep my trolley on mentioned place. After 20 minuets the car came and picks me and I was reach to my room within 30 minutes.

8. Next day with Gold / jeweler's, picture and goods to follow list I went to the Airport custom office. Officer asks me to use the original forms (I was having the print out download from web site, which was not so clear). I fill the form with totaling the value in CAD Dollar, and brought back to him, he went inside and brought with computerized CBSA printed form and copy of all forms (Luggage with me, Hand carry and Goods to follow List by Cargo and arrive later after 2 week with my spouse and kids)

9. Later I went to Government Service office for my SIN (Social Insurance Number) and received a temp SIN number for myself, were informed that the SIN card would come in a couple of 2 weeks time on my address.

10. Next I went to the Bank CIBC bank, Costumer service officer explain me the different kind of account, I ask her which will be suitable for new Immigrant, She open the "CIBC Everyday Chequing account with standard benefits" (The account is Tax free savings account for once year). The debit card allows the CAD $ 500 per day cash withdraw and CAD $1000 purchases.

11. Next I went to Roger shop for Mobile Connection and got the SIM card for 10$ and 10$ air time credit, it prepaid only have to maintain the credit balance 20 $, no monthly fee, pay as you go rechargeable available in all stores, receiving and calling is same rate 39 cent and from 8pm to 8 am 1 cent including weekend (Saturday/Sunday). For International call use the calling card through your mobile or landline it is very cheap.

12. Checking for family apartment is going on in different areas.

13. Continued for the Job search (Please note you would need to modify your Resume to apply jobs in Canada refer www.settlement.org). This is the other side of the picture that our qualification and experience is not much valued, appreciated or accredited in Canada?? (Just my observation in few days)

14. You will start receiving interview calls once you have a Canadian Address and a Canadian contact number on your resume. (I received calls on my cell and the on land line / residence number).

15. Scheduled for an interview today (Saturday 9th May) with a company. But I was unable to attend because of too cold and chill, I requested them to reschedule for Monday. (It is a survival job not related to my profession, and still I don't know what they are going to offer me the job and salary)

16. Weather become very cold after rain, it is between 9-3 C, in Toronto, Good thing to have winter cloths with you before landing (wind chill is -4C and some areas of Ontario the Ice falling started again) .

17. Meet with many people those are straggling with housing and jobs problems, Dollar are flaying very fast from the packet and from hand every day. If you do not have any relative or friend in Canada It better to be go very economical. It will take some time to Adjust, Depend on your profession; it is taking about 6 - 12 month and more in some cases, to get settled properly. You may get survival job to manage but according to your qualification and profession it will take some time to get.

18. Apartments are in different rate from $ 800 – 1500, 1-2 bed room, it is better to see the location and neighborhood before you rent. Mostly People are living in the community, my advice do not rent through internet search because you do not know the area and neighborhood and on Google map every streets looks very beautiful (My personal opinion)
One more thing coming with family without any arrangement will have more expenses, better to come alone and arrange some house or apartment and then family can follow after few weeks, depend on your situation. (This is what I have done, because we do not have any friend or relative in Canada and Consultants are looking to get your all fund and saving at once for their great settlement help).

19. This was my Landing story, (still I am in the guest house, safehomestay, Good people and area is also OK),
please pray for me to get settled ASAP, I am getting tenses how to manages with very tough situation.
I pray for the success and best of luck for all forum members in their cases and future life in Canada.

20. HOPE IT WILL HELP TO THOS ARE PLANNING TO LAND IN FEW WEEKS. REMEMBER THAT IN TORONTO THE WEATHER IS VERY COLD ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE (LIKE US) ARE COMING FROM HOT WEATHER COUNTRIES (GULF OR ASIA)
WITH BEST WISHES
:)

HMISABPK
dear hmisabpk, must say its a wonderful thread that contains a wealth of info. Appreciate your efforts for sharing your experiences and helping us out. I have something to ask which has barely been discussed in any of the threads here.....please tell me being a Muslim, which would be the best place for me to settle. I prefer offering prayer in the mosque regularly and would like to be in an area of muslim community where there are enough mosques around. Have you experienced such a segregation there and can you pls spot few areas where environment is somewhat conservative and best suited for religious families. Thanks

choconut

Jul 4, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-06-2013, PER 12-09-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014 (NBI)
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
08-04-2014
Med's Done....
28-04-2014
Passport Req..
25-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2014 DM 26-07-2014 VISA
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 2014
NN74 said:
Our landing experience!

Yesterday, finally we had landed at Toronto Pearson airport.

Lets start with few words about airline. Against the advises of all friends, we had chosen Egypt Air to travel due to cost (5 passengers US$4,100/- return). There were various opinions about Egypt Air; not good air line as per safety view, no good staff, no good handling during flight (one had told that there's always water shortage during flight etc.). However, we have a pleasant experience, new 777-300 ER planes from Dubai to Cairo (3hrs) and then Cairo to Toronto (11hr flight). They accepted 2 pieces of luggage (23kg each so total of 46 kg per pax) plus 8-10kg of hand bag incl children allowance. So as a family of 5 we carried 6 hand pcs. At Cairo, there was 8 hrs stay so Egypt Air provided a 4* star hotel (free visa on arrival) and hotel pick & drop along with good dinner; all inclusive in airline ticket with no extra charge. Ground staff insisted to take rest with great hospitality. The onboard staff was very cooperative and food, water, kids meal, juices, etc served thru all the 11 hrs duration without fail. So, over all its a pleasant experience (we thought of this as PIA of Egypt) but the service standard was as matching as UAE's Emirates! Only issue with ground staff was their English language skills, I hope that it would be improved in years to come but Egyptians are very soft & nice friendly people!

At Pearson, the process was very smooth. No need of filling PR card forms in advance. The immigration officer (a lady of hardly 24 years & Muslim) had guided to new immigration counter & there another lady (again very young) had done the paper work within 5-10 minutes (may be due to an infant with us) and completed our formalities quickly! She said, 'you will get your PR cards in 60 days!'

Another pleasant experience, was at with CBSA counter. With 9 pieces of 62" baggage and almost 8 hand carry bags on 3 trolleys, the CBSA officer while holding dual copies of B4A forms with printed lists, had asked us only about photos of jewelry that would be shipped later. We didn't had that, so he informed us that "Pl go ahead now and bring the photos later (say in next 10-11 months) and complete your customs process (means handing over the stamped form of GOODS TO FOLLOW) then." So in next 5 minutes, we were out of airport with pleasant surprise! No bag was touched by custom officer!!!!

Just out of airport, with so much baggage, we were not able to accommodated in our friend's car. Police man standing there came forward and asked a taxi driver to take all our luggage in one taxi (though as per law only limited bags are allowed) and hence just for CAD$45 he took all out stuff in one go to our friend's place close to Etobicoke! Thanks to Canada Police Officer!

As Egypt Air staff had given us good seats (helping us to get seats where no other was booked, so each took three seats to sleep peacefully), hence after keeping our luggage & kids at friend's place, we proceeded to Services Canada office and started working f or our SIN. Canadians appeared to be very friendly and hence the lady at SIN office, guided us to another lady where we completed our SIN (only passport & COPR stamped by immigration officer, is required) process. The lady also handed over printed material to get social benefits claims for kids, if we want to for which we are not interested in. So we politely refused that as of now we are not interested in any social benefits for kids.

Around 12:30 CAD time, we moved to TD bank office to open our account. TD is offering new account (maintaining CAD5,000 average balance monthly) holders with a Samsung 7" tablet, so me & my husband had opened our account in 30 minutes, our debit card, cash deposit, locker, cheque book request (will get in next 7 working days) all done during that time even we were given preference to deposit cash though there were many standing in a que! Very friendly staff and nice experience there but that time were we tired!

My husband wanted to go back home but I insisted to talk to Estate Agent to complete the flat renting process, means signing the lease/contract. Before, arrival, we had (with the help of our friend plus Internet surfing) had chosen the flat (our friend had shown us the live photos of flat thru Skype) and deposited a bank's Pay Order to book the flat. The lady over there was very friendly, with our passport & COPR copy, she has handed over the lease contract (2 bed ground floor apt in Etobicoke for CAD$ 950/- month incl of hydro) and thats it, she gave us the flat keys and walked with us towards flat to inspect if anything further is required as part of flat maintenance. That's all with keys, we have our flat on our first day in Canada! Thanks to Canadian system its very friendly, smooth, & helping to newly landed immigrants!

Again, I wanted to take a SIM card, so we visited nearby shopping mall, Wall Mart, to get Chatr SIM. Their new offer is $20 pm with Ontario wide calls/text free and we have our new phone SIM in next 15 minutes.

I hope that we had done many things on our first day, so we returned back to our friends' place. Overall, weather is too good unlike UAE. It's like Dec or Jan UAE's weather, nice cool breeze and cloudy sky; a time to sit out side in lawn and enjoy! Canada is a lovely place, lush green parks, wide roads, organized system, no humidity, and friendly people! 'Thank you' and word of 'my apology' often used!

The only thing we missed is our Roza, as it is Ramadan, but we were passengers and in Dubai it was hot summer with 50 deg centigrade and handling of luggage, kids, and transportation was little difficult with fasting. Inshallah from tomorrow onward we will start fasting as we have visited the nearby Mosque to send our two kids for Holy Quran learning's!

While moving out of Dubai's home, I had prayed to Allah that 'O Lord! please make our this journey as easy as possible -as I have 3 kids- and successful as leaving our Dubai home is a tough decision (as my husband is leaving a good lucrative VP level bank job in Dubai but ready to do any sort of job without ego, after all Rizk is given by Allah, salary or job is only a mean) because we had spend 10 years of our sweet life here in this city!' I think Allah has listen to my prayers!

I'd be happy if our landing experience might help others in any way!
Thanks much for sharing with us your landing experience.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasni said:
dear hmisabpk, must say its a wonderful thread that contains a wealth of info. Appreciate your efforts for sharing your experiences and helping us out. I have something to ask which has barely been discussed in any of the threads here.....please tell me being a Muslim, which would be the best place for me to settle. I prefer offering prayer in the mosque regularly and would like to be in an area of muslim community where there are enough mosques around. Have you experienced such a segregation there and can you pls spot few areas where environment is somewhat conservative and best suited for religious families. Thanks

Hi Hasni,

Replied by PM - Please check your inbox for detailed reply

regards,

hmisabpk

CANPK

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
hmisabpk said:
Hi Hasni,

regards,
hmisabpk
Dear hmisabpk

If you can post reply here many people can have benefit from your valuable opinion
(+1 for you)

canpk

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hmisabpk said:
Hi Hasni,

regards,

hmisabpk jazakAllah, thanks for such a detailed reply, May Allah SWT give you ajar for that.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thank you for permitting & asking to post your PM reply here so many other can have information and benefit.
Just humble request to remember me and all other in your prayers and Dowa

Below is the PM reply with few additions:

Hi Hasni,

All world is the best places, including Canada If we or any one wish to practice their religion, some areas are having more Muslim population then other. Muslim families are proud to be the part of Canadian society like any other Canadian. Canada (Canadian Govt. & People) respect and welcome all religion, cultures, ethnics back ground and languages.

As far Toronto and GTA is concerned, following is list of mosques and Islamic centers in GTA.
1. http://www.hilalcommittee.com/members.html
2. http://www.torontomuslims.com/Directory.aspx
3. http://islamicsocietyoftoronto.com/
4. http://www.masjidtoronto.com/
5. http://www.madinamasjid.ca/
6. http://www.taqwamasjid.ca/
7. http://www.baitulmukarram.com/
8. http://masjidomarbinkhatab.org/history.html
9. http://www.islamicfoundation.ca/
10. http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayerDetail.php?country=canada&city=toronto&state=ON
11. http://masjidintoronto.blogspot.ca/

Muslim communities are living all over the GTA but majority is living around the mosques and Islamic centre areas, a significant numbers of Muslim families reside there, so you may select any area below near to any Islamic center or mosque.

Many apartment buildings are also having the place to pray (Musalah) where five time prayer performed in Jamat by appointed Imam ( Qiyama). Some middle & high schools (public school/ TDSB) in Muslim populated area allowed / permitted the student to perform Jummah prayer and they serve Halal foods in School. Generally in any school parent can request any special accommodation in education, physical activities, foods & snacks according to their religion, faiths or medical needs

There are numbers of private Islamic school offering separate male and female education for children. (See above links)

1. East York
2. North York
3. Scarborough
4. Mississauga
5. Brampton
6. Markham
7. Richmond Hill
8. Vaughan

You may check area on Islamic finder web site by entering the city name or neighbourhood, you can view center and street at Google map street view or visit their website for more information.
(These neighbourhood can also consider Thorncliffe Park Drive, Danforth Ave, O'Conner, Burlington, nuggets etc..)

These may be interesting to you as well:
http://www.soundvision.com/info/muslims/muslimsincanada.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Canada

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
hmisabpk said:

Thank you for permitting & asking to post your PM reply here so many other can have information and benefit.
Just humble request to remember me and all other in your prayers and Dowa

Below is the PM reply with few additions:

Hi Hasni,

All world is the best places, including Canada If we or any one wish to practice their religion, some areas are having more Muslim population then other. Muslim families are proud to be the part of Canadian society like any other Canadian. Canada (Canadian Govt. & People) respect and welcome all religion, cultures, ethnics back ground and languages.

As far Toronto and GTA is concerned, following is list of mosques and Islamic centers in GTA.
1. http://www.hilalcommittee.com/members.html
2. http://www.torontomuslims.com/Directory.aspx
3. http://islamicsocietyoftoronto.com/
4. http://www.masjidtoronto.com/
5. http://www.madinamasjid.ca/
6. http://www.taqwamasjid.ca/
7. http://www.baitulmukarram.com/
8. http://masjidomarbinkhatab.org/history.html
9. http://www.islamicfoundation.ca/
10. http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayerDetail.php?country=canada&city=toronto&state=ON
11. http://masjidintoronto.blogspot.ca/

Muslim communities are living all over the GTA but majority is living around the mosques and Islamic centre areas, a significant numbers of Muslim families reside there, so you may select any area below near to any Islamic center or mosque.

Many apartment buildings are also having the place to pray (Musalah) where five time prayer performed in Jamat by appointed Imam ( Qiyama). Some middle & high schools (public school/ TDSB) in Muslim populated area allowed / permitted the student to perform Jummah prayer and they serve Halal foods in School. Generally in any school parent can request any special accommodation in education, physical activities, foods & snacks according to their religion, faiths or medical needs

There are numbers of private Islamic school offering separate male and female education for children. (See above links)

1. East York
2. North York
3. Scarborough
4. Mississauga
5. Brampton
6. Markham
7. Richmond Hill
8. Vaughan

You may check area on Islamic finder web site by entering the city name or neighbourhood, you can view center and street at Google map street view or visit their website for more information.
(These neighbourhood can also consider Thorncliffe Park Drive, Danforth Ave, O'Conner, Burlington, nuggets etc..)

These may be interesting to you as well:
http://www.soundvision.com/info/muslims/muslimsincanada.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Canada

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk
Dear brother wat u r doing is worth a million..thanx for sharing each and every info u know.. U live in toronto or calgary???

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
Already got..U r in Toronto :)

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klmy said:
Dear brother wat u r doing is worth a million..thanx for sharing each and every info u know.. U live in toronto or calgary???
klmy said:
Already got..U r in Toronto :)

Thank you Sir,

For your nice word and appreciation

hmisabpk