@ NN74 - Very Informative landing experience
Welcome to Canada

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jazz2013 said:
very informative thread...i have read all the posts after spending a few days...we will inshallah land in sept 2013...hmisabpk...sir can i get ur email or phone number?...i m unable to pm nyone ..
Hi, Jazz2013,

After few more posts you will be able to use PM.

PM sent, pls check your inbox

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NN74 said:
Our landing experience!

Yesterday, finally we had landed at Toronto Pearson airport.
Lets start with few words about airline.............I'd be happy if our landing experience might help others in any way!
Hi NN7,

Congratulation !! and welcome to Canada

very well explained and informative landing experience

Best wishes

hmisabpk

pritishah1180

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
send all documents on 18/03/2013
Hello NN74,

i and my husband are going to land in toronto in September, how is weather right now? did u find the house for rent? how can we find the house? pls abt job and house and other share ur experience.

AAK

Jul 1, 2009
NN74 said:
Our landing experience!

The lady also handed over printed material to get social benefits claims for kids, if we want to for which we are not interested in. So we politely refused that as of now we are not interested in any social benefits for kids.
Please explain why not taken social benefits claims for kids.. is there any particular reason....

prmalr

Jul 16, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NN74 said:
Our landing experience!

Lets start with few words about airline. Against the advises of all friends, we had chosen Egypt Air to travel due to cost (5 passengers US$4,100/- return). There were various opinions about Egypt Air; not good air line as per safety view, no good staff, no good handling during flight (one had told that there's always water shortage during flight etc.). However, we have a pleasant experience, new 777-300 ER planes from Dubai to Cairo (3hrs) and then Cairo to Toronto (11hr flight). They accepted 2 pieces of luggage (23kg each so total of 46 kg per pax) plus 8-10kg of hand bag incl children allowance. So as a family of 5 we carried 6 hand pcs. At Cairo, there was 8 hrs stay so Egypt Air provided a 4* star hotel (free visa on arrival) and hotel pick & drop along with good dinner; all inclusive in airline ticket with no extra charge. Ground staff insisted to take rest with great hospitality. The onboard staff was very cooperative and food, water, kids meal, juices, etc served thru all the 11 hrs duration without fail. So, over all its a pleasant experience (we thought of this as PIA of Egypt) but the service standard was as matching as UAE's Emirates! Only issue with ground staff was their English language skills, I hope that it would be improved in years to come but Egyptians are very soft & nice friendly people!

At Pearson, the process was very smooth. No need of filling PR card forms in advance. The immigration officer (a lady of hardly 24 years & Muslim) had guided to new immigration counter & there another lady (again very young) had done the paper work within 5-10 minutes (may be due to an infant with us) and completed our formalities quickly! She said, 'you will get your PR cards in 60 days!'

Another pleasant experience, was at with CBSA counter. With 9 pieces of 62" baggage and almost 8 hand carry bags on 3 trolleys, the CBSA officer while holding dual copies of B4A forms with printed lists, had asked us only about photos of jewelry that would be shipped later. We didn't had that, so he informed us that "Pl go ahead now and bring the photos later (say in next 10-11 months) and complete your customs process (means handing over the stamped form of GOODS TO FOLLOW) then." So in next 5 minutes, we were out of airport with pleasant surprise! No bag was touched by custom officer!!!!

Just out of airport, with so much baggage, we were not able to accommodated in our friend's car. Police man standing there came forward and asked a taxi driver to take all our luggage in one taxi (though as per law only limited bags are allowed) and hence just for CAD$45 he took all out stuff in one go to our friend's place close to Etobicoke! Thanks to Canada Police Officer!

As Egypt Air staff had given us good seats (helping us to get seats where no other was booked, so each took three seats to sleep peacefully), hence after keeping our luggage & kids at friend's place, we proceeded to Services Canada office and started working f or our SIN. Canadians appeared to be very friendly and hence the lady at SIN office, guided us to another lady where we completed our SIN (only passport & COPR stamped by immigration officer, is required) process. The lady also handed over printed material to get social benefits claims for kids, if we want to for which we are not interested in. So we politely refused that as of now we are not interested in any social benefits for kids.

Around 12:30 CAD time, we moved to TD bank office to open our account. TD is offering new account (maintaining CAD5,000 average balance monthly) holders with a Samsung 7" tablet, so me & my husband had opened our account in 30 minutes, our debit card, cash deposit, locker, cheque book request (will get in next 7 working days) all done during that time even we were given preference to deposit cash though there were many standing in a que! Very friendly staff and nice experience there but that time were we tired!

My husband wanted to go back home but I insisted to talk to Estate Agent to complete the flat renting process, means signing the lease/contract. Before, arrival, we had (with the help of our friend plus Internet surfing) had chosen the flat (our friend had shown us the live photos of flat thru Skype) and deposited a bank's Pay Order to book the flat. The lady over there was very friendly, with our passport & COPR copy, she has handed over the lease contract (2 bed ground floor apt in Etobicoke for CAD$ 950/- month incl of hydro) and thats it, she gave us the flat keys and walked with us towards flat to inspect if anything further is required as part of flat maintenance. That's all with keys, we have our flat on our first day in Canada! Thanks to Canadian system its very friendly, smooth, & helping to newly landed immigrants!

Again, I wanted to take a SIM card, so we visited nearby shopping mall, Wall Mart, to get Chatr SIM. Their new offer is $20 pm with Ontario wide calls/text free and we have our new phone SIM in next 15 minutes.

I hope that we had done many things on our first day, so we returned back to our friends' place. Overall, weather is too good unlike UAE. It's like Dec or Jan UAE's weather, nice cool breeze and cloudy sky; a time to sit out side in lawn and enjoy! Canada is a lovely place, lush green parks, wide roads, organized system, no humidity, and friendly people! 'Thank you' and word of 'my apology' often used!

The only thing we missed is our Roza, as it is Ramadan, but we were passengers and in Dubai it was hot summer with 50 deg centigrade and handling of luggage, kids, and transportation was little difficult with fasting. Inshallah from tomorrow onward we will start fasting as we have visited the nearby Mosque to send our two kids for Holy Quran learning's!

While moving out of Dubai's home, I had prayed to Allah that 'O Lord! please make our this journey as easy as possible -as I have 3 kids- and successful as leaving our Dubai home is a tough decision (as my husband is leaving a good lucrative VP level bank job in Dubai but ready to do any sort of job without ego, after all Rizk is given by Allah, salary or job is only a mean) because we had spend 10 years of our sweet life here in this city!' I think Allah has listen to my prayers!

I'd be happy if our landing experience might help others in any way!
Thanks a lot for the information, All the best and good luck to your family!

chander_ck

Aug 31, 2013
Hi
Below are my details-
10- 82.2%
12 - 82.4%
Btech (CSE) - 69.3%
Work exp - 1.5 years software engg (Business intelligence and Data warehousing)
I want to go canada. so could you please help me what type of course should i go for and from where?
I have 2 options either MBA or Strategic Relationship program from George brown college.
Could you please help me ASAP !!!
Thanks in advnce

ASFAT

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
NN74 said:
Our landing experience!

Lets start with few words about airline. Against the advises of all friends, we had chosen Egypt Air to travel due to cost (5 passengers US$4,100/- return). There were various opinions about Egypt Air; not good air line as per safety view, no good staff, no good handling during flight (one had told that there's always water shortage during flight etc.). However, we have a pleasant experience, new 777-300 ER planes from Dubai to Cairo (3hrs) and then Cairo to Toronto (11hr flight). They accepted 2 pieces of luggage (23kg each so total of 46 kg per pax) plus 8-10kg of hand bag incl children allowance. So as a family of 5 we carried 6 hand pcs. At Cairo, there was 8 hrs stay so Egypt Air provided a 4* star hotel (free visa on arrival) and hotel pick & drop along with good dinner; all inclusive in airline ticket with no extra charge. Ground staff insisted to take rest with great hospitality. The onboard staff was very cooperative and food, water, kids meal, juices, etc served thru all the 11 hrs duration without fail. So, over all its a pleasant experience (we thought of this as PIA of Egypt) but the service standard was as matching as UAE's Emirates! Only issue with ground staff was their English language skills, I hope that it would be improved in years to come but Egyptians are very soft & nice friendly people!

At Pearson, the process was very smooth. No need of filling PR card forms in advance. The immigration officer (a lady of hardly 24 years & Muslim) had guided to new immigration counter & there another lady (again very young) had done the paper work within 5-10 minutes (may be due to an infant with us) and completed our formalities quickly! She said, 'you will get your PR cards in 60 days!'

Another pleasant experience, was at with CBSA counter. With 9 pieces of 62" baggage and almost 8 hand carry bags on 3 trolleys, the CBSA officer while holding dual copies of B4A forms with printed lists, had asked us only about photos of jewelry that would be shipped later. We didn't had that, so he informed us that "Pl go ahead now and bring the photos later (say in next 10-11 months) and complete your customs process (means handing over the stamped form of GOODS TO FOLLOW) then." So in next 5 minutes, we were out of airport with pleasant surprise! No bag was touched by custom officer!!!!

Just out of airport, with so much baggage, we were not able to accommodated in our friend's car. Police man standing there came forward and asked a taxi driver to take all our luggage in one taxi (though as per law only limited bags are allowed) and hence just for CAD$45 he took all out stuff in one go to our friend's place close to Etobicoke! Thanks to Canada Police Officer!

As Egypt Air staff had given us good seats (helping us to get seats where no other was booked, so each took three seats to sleep peacefully), hence after keeping our luggage & kids at friend's place, we proceeded to Services Canada office and started working f or our SIN. Canadians appeared to be very friendly and hence the lady at SIN office, guided us to another lady where we completed our SIN (only passport & COPR stamped by immigration officer, is required) process. The lady also handed over printed material to get social benefits claims for kids, if we want to for which we are not interested in. So we politely refused that as of now we are not interested in any social benefits for kids.

Around 12:30 CAD time, we moved to TD bank office to open our account. TD is offering new account (maintaining CAD5,000 average balance monthly) holders with a Samsung 7" tablet, so me & my husband had opened our account in 30 minutes, our debit card, cash deposit, locker, cheque book request (will get in next 7 working days) all done during that time even we were given preference to deposit cash though there were many standing in a que! Very friendly staff and nice experience there but that time were we tired!

My husband wanted to go back home but I insisted to talk to Estate Agent to complete the flat renting process, means signing the lease/contract. Before, arrival, we had (with the help of our friend plus Internet surfing) had chosen the flat (our friend had shown us the live photos of flat thru Skype) and deposited a bank's Pay Order to book the flat. The lady over there was very friendly, with our passport & COPR copy, she has handed over the lease contract (2 bed ground floor apt in Etobicoke for CAD$ 950/- month incl of hydro) and thats it, she gave us the flat keys and walked with us towards flat to inspect if anything further is required as part of flat maintenance. That's all with keys, we have our flat on our first day in Canada! Thanks to Canadian system its very friendly, smooth, & helping to newly landed immigrants!

Again, I wanted to take a SIM card, so we visited nearby shopping mall, Wall Mart, to get Chatr SIM. Their new offer is $20 pm with Ontario wide calls/text free and we have our new phone SIM in next 15 minutes.

I hope that we had done many things on our first day, so we returned back to our friends' place. Overall, weather is too good unlike UAE. It's like Dec or Jan UAE's weather, nice cool breeze and cloudy sky; a time to sit out side in lawn and enjoy! Canada is a lovely place, lush green parks, wide roads, organized system, no humidity, and friendly people! 'Thank you' and word of 'my apology' often used!

The only thing we missed is our Roza, as it is Ramadan, but we were passengers and in Dubai it was hot summer with 50 deg centigrade and handling of luggage, kids, and transportation was little difficult with fasting. Inshallah from tomorrow onward we will start fasting as we have visited the nearby Mosque to send our two kids for Holy Quran learning's!

While moving out of Dubai's home, I had prayed to Allah that 'O Lord! please make our this journey as easy as possible -as I have 3 kids- and successful as leaving our Dubai home is a tough decision (as my husband is leaving a good lucrative VP level bank job in Dubai but ready to do any sort of job without ego, after all Rizk is given by Allah, salary or job is only a mean) because we had spend 10 years of our sweet life here in this city!' I think Allah has listen to my prayers!

I'd be happy if our landing experience might help others in any way!
Hi NN74! What requirements did the landlady for you flat aside from you passport and copr? Thanks.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SALAM, hmisabpk

kindly help me, i am just a normal user of english and i have to submit my IELTS result for applying online
kindly help me with IELTS meterial,

JAZAKALLAH.

ALLAH HAFIZ.
Hi,

PM sent - Please check your inbox

hmisabpk

sinestra

Apr 28, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Passport Req..
08-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
chander_ck said:
Hi
Below are my details-
10- 82.2%
12 - 82.4%
Btech (CSE) - 69.3%
Work exp - 1.5 years software engg (Business intelligence and Data warehousing)
I want to go canada. so could you please help me what type of course should i go for and from where?
I have 2 options either MBA or Strategic Relationship program from George brown college.
Could you please help me ASAP !!!
Thanks in advnce
Do you want to apply as FSW?
If the answer is yes, I can tell you where to start.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

Try and put yourself in any one of the job code most suited.
I guess you can put urself in either 2174 (Computer programmers and interactive media developers) or 2147 (Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)).
See what is required to fit any one of these profiles and work accordingly.

You seem to be a person of above average intelligence and you can find plenty of information. For God's sake, don't expect anyone to spoon feed you with information. You must look for it yourself.

Jan 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2010
Doc's Request.
13-08-2010
IELTS Request
13-08-2010
hmisabpk said:
Hi,
Everybody,

I Landed at Toronto, Person International Airport (YYZ), Ontario, Canada on 4th May 2010, by Britishairways flight # BA 0099 via London, at 18:20. (10 Minutes before schedule time, It was quit cold evening in Toronto)
The procedure was very smooth and very easy, following are the details 8)

Thanks for being detailed in sharing your experience...this was helpful....All the best...

AAK

Jul 1, 2009
Dear hmisabpk Bhai and other senior members

We will land in Toronto in September InshaAllah... please guide important goods and documents to carry as no close relative is there.

I have taken Driving Experience certificate from transport authority Karachi.

Pleas advise the Resume format for Canada.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAK said:
We will land in Toronto in September InshaAllah...
1. please guide important goods and documents to carry as no close relative is there.
2. I have taken Driving Experience certificate from transport authority Karachi.
3. Pleas advise the Resume format for Canada.
Hi AAK,

1. Please find the information regarding important document you need to bring at :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

2. That will be fine

3. Please check this thread for resume format and other job related information :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t83858.0.html;msg2160195#msg2160195

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
AAK said:

We will land in Toronto in September InshaAllah... please guide important goods and documents to carry as no close relative is there.

I have taken Driving Experience certificate from transport authority Karachi.

Pleas advise the Resume format for Canada.
Bring all you educational and identity docs, COPR, Passport, Accompanied goods and Goods to follow list, NOC from Driving authority, you Pakistan driving license and thats all.

It is good if you have taken the Driving experience certificate from Karachi, it will give you one chance for G tests, if you clear it then you can get G license, if not then again you have to go for G2 and then G, the advantage will be you will not have to wait 24 months from G1 to G (if you have more than 24 months driving experience in Pakistan), I an case you will have to clear G1 first.

But I would not recommend you to go for direct G if you have not driven in any other country except Pakistan, Most probably you will waste you 75$.