+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY LANDING EXPERIENCE AND OBSERVATIONS

kkd123

Jun 26, 2012
kkd123 said:
Hello Forum Members,
I'll be returning from Canada after a week from my landing. So while returning I'll have only the COPR Doc and the Indian Passport with me. Plz help me with the following doubts...

1) My Flight itinery is like this ... Onward journey : New Delhi --> London Heathrow --> Toronto
Return journey : Toronto --> London Heathrow --> New Delhi
Do I need a Transit Visa in London even though I won't be going out of the Airport? I am Indian. I checked their website for Transit Visa exempt Rules it says people from the listed countries need Transit Visa. India is in that list. Plz suggest whether at all Transit Visa is required in my case?

2) Should I apply for SIN after my landing or should I apply when I arrive Toronto to settle down later?
3) Should I apply for OHIP after my landing or should I apply when I arrive Toronto to settle down later?
Note- I have my old expired OHIP and SIN with me.
I again read the UKBA site for the Transit Visa requirement. I am just putting it here for reference...

"
ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions
If you are a national of a country covered by the DATV system, you may be able to transit the UK airside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

you must arrive and depart by air; and
your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.
Additionally, you must hold:

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or
2) a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country; "

So does this imply that I DO NOT require a Transit Visa as part of that DATV exemption?
Can anyone who has faced such situation earlier will be able to help out here?

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phdmaker said:
Assalam u Alikum Hmisabpk brother,
Would you please like to advise whether old paper Canadian currency notes of 100,50,10 & 5 will ever expire & require to be changed with newer plastic polymer ones?
I'm curious to know as I've some Canadian currency in above mentioned paper notes.
Thanks.
Hi phdmaker,

A.o.A,

They are still in circulation, no expiry date announced for old paper currency notes.

hmisabpk

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmisabpk said:
Hi phdmaker,

A.o.A,

They are still in circulation, no expiry date announced for old paper currency notes.

hmisabpk
Walikum Salam & thanks for the reply.

Same I got from Bank of Canada website that currency notes are valid from date of issuance of 1935.

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have sent the PM again

Thanks

hmisabpk said:
Hi sm001,

I haven't received your PM

hmisabpk

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear Bro...

Plz check PM & reply.

Regards
Mayank

Happycan

Jan 19, 2013
Dear hmisabpk,

I am planning to do Master in Linguistics from Canada,but have 2 years graduation degree from Pakistan in English Literature,so is there anyone on this board has experienced this thing?Applicants who have 2 years graduation degrees from their country and would they be equivalent to Canada's 4 years graduation?if so please reply me....or if there any other way also guide me...
Secondly,is distance learning MA in Linguistics studies as worthy as on campus studies?or any difference?
I want to upgrade my English language skills and want to do levels 8 and 9 ,so which community colleges offer these levels?Are the fees huge for these ESL levels in these colleges?
How easy is to enter Humber or George Brown college for doing Graduate certificate in TESL?Is IELTS necessary to do before entering in these colleges?
May Allah bless you and your family.Amen.

chefsam

Star Member
May 2, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
4/3/2013
Med's Done....
16/3/2013
Passport Req..
4/3/2013
hi seniors

i have send my Medical, pp and other documents to ndvo in March 2013.

i am tourism instructor. actually i am bit confused about my decission because i don't have any relative or friend in canada.

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happycan said:
Dear hmisabpk,

I am planning to do Master in Linguistics from Canada,but have 2 years graduation degree from Pakistan in English Literature,so is there anyone on this board has experienced this thing?Applicants who have 2 years graduation degrees from their country and would they be equivalent to Canada's 4 years graduation?if so please reply me....or if there any other way also guide me...
Secondly,is distance learning MA in Linguistics studies as worthy as on campus studies?or any difference?
I want to upgrade my English language skills and want to do levels 8 and 9 ,so which community colleges offer these levels?Are the fees huge for these ESL levels in these colleges?
How easy is to enter Humber or George Brown college for doing Graduate certificate in TESL?Is IELTS necessary to do before entering in these colleges?
May Allah bless you and your family.Amen.
Hi Happycan,

1. I have no idea if anyone on this board with same thing or same experience
2. If it is done in Canadian (community) college / university some institute may credit full most are crediting half only.
3. You can get student loan or you may be eligible for free grant (bursaries), check the institute webpages for tuition fees
4. it is also at their web pages, check admission requirement

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chefsam said:
hi seniors

i have send my Medical, pp and other documents to ndvo in March 2013.

i am tourism instructor. actually i am bit confused about my decission because i don't have any relative or friend in canada.
Hi chefsam,

Many of us don't have relative or friend in Canada, so it shouldn't be the reason of any confusion.
You have to start your settlement by your self, in fact relative or friend can guide you only.

Hope that helps,

hmisabpk

ovais

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER 16-11-2011
Med's Request
12-12-12
Med's Done....
20-12-12
Passport Req..
PPR1 03-04-13 DM 22-04-13 PPR2 02-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-13
LANDED..........
November 1, 2013
Dear All

i have a query. i was asked to submit passport copies in the PPR1 mail. i did tht but i didnt get it notarized as nowhere in the mail it was mentioned tht it shud b notarized.
but i read a comment somewhere else tht the copies shud be notarized. is there anyone whose passport copy was accepted without being notarized?

regards