+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Landing Experiance in Montreal and About Montreal

KH64

May 4, 2019
Thank you for sharing in detail your experience. By now you must have settled down. Any other important aspect you like to advise for a newcomer to montreal. I am about to land under investor program. Wanted to make the first landing in Toronto but was advised to make first landing from where the PR has been sanctioned. What I understand is that one has to make a rental agreement to get the medical card and license. Can’t a Quebec nominee PR settle down in Ontario and do all these things there instead of Montreal.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Thank you for sharing in detail your experience. By now you must have settled down. Any other important aspect you like to advise for a newcomer to montreal. I am about to land under investor program. Wanted to make the first landing in Toronto but was advised to make first landing from where the PR has been sanctioned. What I understand is that one has to make a rental agreement to get the medical card and license. Can’t a Quebec nominee PR settle down in Ontario and do all these things there instead of Montreal.
If you got nominated, you have to live and operate within the province that nominated you. If it is established that you never had the intent to do so, you can be reported for misrepresentation.

musaraza

Nov 18, 2018
ISLAMABAD, PAKISTAN
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
QUEBEC SELECTED INVESTOR
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2012
Doc's Request.
06 MARCH 2013
Nomination.....
5 JULY 2015
AOR Received.
16 NOV 2015
File Transfer...
06 MARCH 2016
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
WAITING
Interview........
29 JUN 201
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Hi, have you moved to Montreal. I am moving from karachi under investor category in Montreal. Like to share your experience.
Regards.
KAA
I have not yet recieved medical request waiting for it. when are you monving please let me kmow

KH64

May 4, 2019
I have not yet recieved medical request waiting for it. when are you monving please let me kmow
I have landed few days ago. Landing was done in Montreal but i got my SIN and bank account done in Toronto. Now will contact for medical and see if they allow me to process it in Toronto instead of Montreal.
When did you apply for medical and is it in Toronto or Montreal.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I have landed few days ago. Landing was done in Montreal but i got my SIN and bank account done in Toronto. Now will contact for medical and see if they allow me to process it in Toronto instead of Montreal.
When did you apply for medical and is it in Toronto or Montreal.
A SIN can be done anywhere there is a Service Canada office. Medical care is governed by the Province. If you got your PR by stating you would be living/working in Quebec, then you would register with RAMQ
OHIP coverage is if you will be living/working in Ontario. You stated that you received your PR with the Quebec investment program, then that would mean you would be living/working in the Province of Quebec, NOT Ontario

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/businesspeople/applying-business-immigrant/three-programs/investors/index.html

Last edited: